Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 15: Singapore - Marina Bay Street Circuit (23Jan19 @ 9pm EST)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID

Last Season's Results: 
1st: Sucuri
2nd: Darklol
3rd: bobino12
Pole: Sucuri (01:40.827)
FL: Tron4949 (01:40.401)

Fruitsalsa

There is a high chance that I might not be there for this one (still not 100% sure). I'll show up at 9PM if I can  :)

moogleslam

Premium Member
Following my second week of crashes, I uninstalled the game, Steam, and then reinstalled both to a different drive as well.

I'd love to try some online practice with some of you before this race to see if its fixed, so if anyone is interested, send me a msg on Steam; I'll try and remember to leave it open.

That said, I'm not available after 9pm for two weeks, starting on Monday the 21st. Have a World of Tanks campaign (don't worry, I'm taking Wed off for our races).

Singapore huh.... can't remember the last time I raced here. Not sure I even remember every corner, and I know one corner had a little tweak to it as well.

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
I am probably 50/50 doing this race. Just raced this track last week on ps4 in the wet and drove the iracing 24 hour race this weekend, so I need to take a little break. Who knows in a few more days I might feel up to it :p

Tron4949

Premium Member
moogleslam said:
Following my second week of crashes, I uninstalled the game, Steam, and then reinstalled both to a different drive as well.

I'd love to try some online practice with some of you before this race to see if its fixed, so if anyone is interested, send me a msg on Steam; I'll try and remember to leave it open.  

That said, I'm not available after 9pm for two weeks, starting on Monday the 21st.  Have a World of Tanks campaign (don't worry, I'm taking Wed off for our races).

Singapore huh.... can't remember the last time I raced here.  Not sure I even remember every corner, and I know one corner had a little tweak to it as well.

I'm down to test, just let me know!

moogleslam

Premium Member
Tron4949 said:
moogleslam said:

That said, I'm not available after 9pm for two weeks, starting on Monday the 21st.  Have a World of Tanks campaign (don't worry, I'm taking Wed off for our races).

Singapore huh.... can't remember the last time I raced here.  Not sure I even remember every corner, and I know one corner had a little tweak to it as well.

I'm down to test, just let me know!

I think my testing window closed unfortunately!  Except for maybe Wednesday before the race.  I'll jump on Steam then to see if anyone wants to practice/test.

Did do some TT laps here today.  First circuit that I actually had to re-learn parts of, which is weird because I've raced here plenty times.  I'm real slow at the moment, but what's new :)

jalmenar

Premium Member
Guys,
I'm not gonna make it for tonight's race. I just moved to a new house and I don't have internet yet, sorry. Should be back on the grid for next race.

moogleslam

Premium Member
jalmenar said:
Guys,
I'm not gonna make it for tonight's race. I just moved to a new house and I don't have internet yet, sorry. Should be back on the grid for next race.

Can you make your phone into a mobile hotspot? :)

moogleslam

Premium Member
Goal #1:  No game integrity crashes.  Achieved.
Goal #2:  Finish the race.  Achieved.

Fairly unprepared as always.  Managed to re-learn the circuit, but not find much pace.

Qualifying

I had every intention of qualifying on Ultra's, but when I got back to the garage after my first run, I realized I was on the Hyper's - not sure how I managed that.  At least my lap time was bad enough that I knew I could easily beat it on the Ultra to start on that tire.  Unfortunately, thanks to a corner cut on every subsequent Ultra lap, I did not improve.  Not so easily after all.  Probably my worst qualifying of the season and starting second last, though with only 10 drivers, 9th wasn't the end of the world.

Race

Had a really bad start when the lights went out and my car got really bogged down.  I quickly recovered though, and caught and passed Bobino down the long straight toward turn 7.  Bobino tried to take the place back with some late braking at turn 8, but went too deep leaving me no space to turn for the corner, so I just had to hit the brakes and hope I would stop in time.  Thankfully I just avoided contact with the barrier, and settled back into 9th.

Okay, settled I was not.  Before the lap was over, I would miss my braking point for turn 18, and plow into the wall to knock off my front wing.  After eventually getting back to the pits, I fitted the Soft tire, and hoped the tire would last the full race distance.   Focus for that corner has always been my nemesis here!

I probably figured my race was more or less over at that point.  I also just couldn't get in a good groove on the Soft tire at all, and my pace was awful as a result.  Pat pitted on lap 3, so that was one place gained.  It was lonely after that though.  And boring.  And I was frustrated with myself.  And this Fanatec wheel base was giving my arms a real workout, and I spent many laps wishing I started with lower FFB :)  I don't think I saw another car until the mid point of the race, when I somehow managed to catch Bobino.  On lap 19, I passed him on the run down to turn 7 like I had on lap 1, though this time I had the added benefit of DRS.

Thanks to some other retirements, this was me up to 5th, but that would be the only other action I'd see.  The rain tried to spice things up a bit, with the track going from completely try to very slick in just a few corners.  I did damage my front wing at this time, and opted to have it replaced since I had a big gap to Bobino behind by that point.  With it fixed, I left the pits, and immediately damaged it again though!  Thankfully just minor, and I spent the last couple of laps taking it easy to ensure I got to the finish line.

Summary

5th was the best I could possibly achieve here.  I was miles off the pace of the 4 cars in front, so I'm happy enough to survive to take that position.  Though I was slow, at least I was consistent after the my lap 1 crash, and avoided any further race impacting incidents.  Certainly a weird one to be so slow while being perfectly happy with my result.

Russia next, and it's a track I'll have to learn.

moogleslam

Premium Member
Lap 1.  Please don't watch it.  It's just me forgetting to brake and driving straight into the barrier.

[youtube]9SzSXyEiTDs[/youtube]