Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 2 Signups are open !

GT3 Sportscar Series is now full but we still have room in the Tuesday LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series for our sportscar enthusiasts.

For our NASCAR Drivers, we have a few more spots in the Sunday Cup Series and the Wednesday Truck Series is closed.

Our open wheel Indy Pro 2000 series also has a few spots left for Season 2.

Round 15: Malaysia - Sepang International Circuit (18Jul18 @ 8:15pm AEDT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID

Last Season's Results:
1st: El_Majacko
2nd: Maznat87
3rd: dreglar
Pole: dreglar (1.31.603)
FL: dreglar (1.33.708)

1. 14 days have passed since the last Grand Prix. Have you used the extra week off to recharge for the final few races?
2. Maznat secured his first set of back-to-back wins at Monza and Singapore. Can he continue the charge and go for three in a row?
3. With Sepang off the calendar for 2018, this will likely be the final Malaysian GP in league racing. How has the track treated you over the seasons? Will you be sad or glad to see it go?
4. Six rounds remain. Where do you see yourself ending up in the championship standings by the end of the campaign?

El_Majacko

Premium Member
1. 14 days have passed since the last Grand Prix. Have you used the extra week off to recharge for the final few races?
I'm actually a little bit over it. I'm content to just coast to season's end holding position.
2. Maznat secured his first set of back-to-back wins at Monza and Singapore. Can he continue the charge and go for three in a row?
I know he's quick here. I think I can take the lead though if I start in the top 4.
3. With Sepang off the calendar for 2018, this will likely be the final Malaysian GP in league racing. How has the track treated you over the seasons? Will you be sad or glad to see it go?
I'm super sad to see it go. I've had 16 wins at Sepang over the years and it's one of my favourites. It also sprouted one of my most memorable moments in only my first season of racing where I spun and was collected by a car who retired on the spot, only for 15 year old me to shout "Oh no! Puncture!"
[youtube]RsFp4eTMtvQ[/youtube]
4. Six rounds remain. Where do you see yourself ending up in the championship standings by the end of the campaign?
Hopefully where I am now.

El_Majacko

Premium Member
Q: 2nd
Happy with my laps, although there was room for improvement.

R: 4th
Took the lead off the line and maintained it for much of the opening stint. Maz had a few looks but I felt I had it covered. Both stewart and he undercut. I intended to pit the following lap, but lost it at turn 5, eliminating myself from the battle with a completely lost front wing. At that point I was running last and only moved up when others had their own spins or pit into an eventual 4th. I'm glad dani was able to win, as she will forever be the last winner of the Malaysian GP. Perhaps fittingly, I bookend my 16 Sepang wins with 4th places after incidents in turn 5.