Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 2 Signups are open !

GT3 Sportscar Series is now full but we still have room in the Tuesday LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series for our sportscar enthusiasts.

For our NASCAR Drivers, we have a few more spots in the Sunday Cup Series and the Wednesday Truck Series is closed.

Our open wheel Indy Pro 2000 series also has a few spots left for Season 2.

Round 14: Italy - Autodromo Nazionale Monza (16Jan19 @ 9pm EST)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID

Last Season's Results: 
1st: Darklol
2nd: Sucuri
3rd: Tron4949
Pole: Darklol (01:20.934)
FL: Darklol (01:22.809)

Fruitsalsa

I have looked at the Driver Standings and I see that it has been updated for this round, but only up to the 6th place. Was there really only six drivers who finished the race?!?

If it is the case, that one was brutal!

moogleslam

Premium Member
Fruitsalsa said:
I have looked at the Driver Standings and I see that it has been updated for this round, but only up to the 6th place. Was there really only six drivers who finished the race?!?

I doubt it.  I've just noticed that Dark often updates a little bit at a time :)

Fruitsalsa

moogleslam said:
Fruitsalsa said:

I doubt it.  I've just noticed that Dark often updates a little bit at a time :)

Ah I see, he updates up to his position and then he is like "looks fine to me"  :p

moogleslam

Premium Member
[ul]
[li]Blew my first qualifying hot lap with a corner cut.[/li]
[li]Game crashed before my next attempt.[/li]
[li]Spun at the second chicane on my next hot lap.[/li]
[li]Pitted and fueled for 2 hot laps to close out the session.[/li]
[li]Cut a corner yet again on my next attempt, so only one chance left.[/li]
[li]Finally managed to get a time on the board with a fairly unimpressive lap.[/li]
[li]Surprised it was 7th, then I realized it was really like 10th, because I don't think Tron set a time, and Plasma & kub were both absent.[/li]
[/ul]

I said I love this circuit, but for some reason, I could not get in a good groove at all here.  I think the back end was too lose through all my practice, and by the time I changed it (30 minutes before the race), I'd lost all confidence.  Maybe it was a blessing that my game crashed yet again (not really).

That probably wasn't worth a recap :)

Bobino12

Premium Member
Thanks...! That was a really nice race for you too. I followed you from start to finish and didn't want to take any chances and waited for the best moment to pass, which came close a few times but never happened. I'm not the risky driver who will do everything to pass the driver in front. I prefer being patient, analyzing and finish the race.

Too bad for my teammate Falco Bronzo who went off track over the nasty curb of the corner 10. This curb is pretty vicious. 

The next 7 races will be fun beginning with Singapore next week, a perfect track for me because you need patience and precision. 

Why can't you record anymore ? What is your software ?

Megaman

Bobino12 said:
Why can't you record anymore ? What is your software ?
My game is lagging when I record. I use nvidia shadowplay. I can't record since f1 2018... never had problem with previous games. I have quit a old CPU (i5 2500k) overclocked. Maybe that's the problem. I have 16gb ram, gtx1070 ssd and I record on an other drive. 
Also tried vsync on and off. Etc..

Bobino12

Premium Member
The racing games need a strong graphic card and the GTX 1070 is more than enough. The CPU could be the bottleneck in your case.

I didn't see any difference from F1 2017 and F1 2018 regarding FPS with my system. I have a AMD Radeon Vega 64 coupled with AMD Threadripper 1950X (16 cores) and 32 GB Ram. This card has about the same power than the GTX 1080. I'm using only 8 cores of the 16 available because the game is not made for multicores.

I'm recording with AMD Relive at 1920x1080 and 60FPS with graphic settings in F1 2018 at Ultra. I must say the AMD Relive recording software is the best among many I have tested.

Before, I was using the Mirillis Action software which is very good but need a licence.  

Darklol

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Marco Oliveira
iRacing ID
Fruitsalsa said:
moogleslam said:
Fruitsalsa said:

Ah I see, he updates up to his position and then he is like "looks fine to me"  :p

Haha sorry guys, I have less time to come on the forums lately. What I do for the results, the next day at work I enter them from what I remember so usually I know what happened around me. Sometimes when I'm lucky I do find the results in someone's race recap so I can enter them during the day but otherwise I enter them during the weekend.