Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 13: Italy - Autodromo Nazionale Monza (27Jun18 @ 8:15pm AEDT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Italy.png

Last Season's Results:
1st: dreglar
2nd: ForceWhan
3rd: kartdude45
Pole: HSVDT_15 (1.21.172)
FL: El_Majacko (1.23.124)

1. HSVDT claimed his sole pole position here last season. Might he repeat that qualifying performance this time around?
2. Having not had an entirely dry session for 5 rounds, will that streak of weather affected sessions continue in Italy?
Monza is commonly referred to as a beginner's circuit, but last in Season 9 it was the champion who suffered his worst result of the campaign. Is the track as easy as it is built up to be?
4. Which corner do you find the most challenging at this circuit?

El_Majacko

Name
1. HSVDT claimed his sole pole position here last season. Might he repeat that qualifying performance this time around?
Monza is a different beast so anything is possible!
2. Having not had an entirely dry session for 5 rounds, will that streak of weather affected sessions continue in Italy?
This is the one race I'd like some rain, so I bet it'll be dry.
3. Monza is commonly referred to as a beginner's circuit, but last in Season 9 it was the champion who suffered his worst result of the campaign. Is the track as easy as it is built up to be?
Hardest track on the calendar no question. Can't wait for real tracks coming up like Singapore and Malaysia. Monza should be replaced by Imola. Trash.
4. Which corner do you find the most challenging at this circuit?
Ascari can be quite a challenge, but the second chicane is probably the most difficult.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2021/S4
NASCAR Truck Series 2021/S4
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2021/S4
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
El_Majacko said:
Monza should be replaced by Imola. Trash.

First off, how dare you!!!

Secondly, HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

El_Majacko

Name
Q: 3rd
Decent lap. Quite happy with it. Maz untouchable.

R: 3rd
Made a great start to overtake stewart. I wonder how the race would have panned out if he'd have got a decent launch. From there I wasn't able to stay with Maz. I considered letting stewart go to see if he could catch Maz, but before I could make the decision he got past as I ran wide at Lesmo 2. He couldn't catch him. Maz and I pitted on lap 10. He gained roughly 2 seconds during the stop. I assume mine was slow as stewart stayed ahead. Wasn't able to get the overtake done. Track is impossible to overtake on. Didn't help that my DRS failed. Let's move on to Singapore where it won't be as boring.