Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 13: Germany - Hockenheimring (08Jul17 @ 7:30pm BST)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member

[ul]
[li]Qualifying starts at 7:30pm  (UK time) - followed by the race[/li]
[li]Session host is Macca[/li]
[/ul]
Fact File: Last weekend Macca won Driver of the Day, after a brilliant drive that saw him achieve his joint highest finishing position in 7th place. 
[ul]
[li]When Macca crossed the finish line at Spa he became the first person to gain more than 11 places from his starting position (12).[/li]
[li]Deki is the only person other than our Championship Leader, to have gained more than 60 points over 3 race weeks. [/li]
[li]xDannyy420 becomes the 5th new driver to score points on his debut. [/li]
[/ul]

Pre Race Questions: 
[ol]
[li]Now a 100% race has been completed, would any driver want to do it again? (Yes or No)[/li]
[li]Wheel to wheel battling seemed to be at the centre of controversy after the race at Spa, it was in similar discussions after the previous race at Monza. Do you think something needs to change? Any drivers who need to be more careful?[/li]
[li]Onto this weeks race, we find ourselves at the Hockenheim circuit. Light-e44 took pole last season on an alternative strategy to the other front runners. Do you think we could see something similar this weekend? A variety of strategies? [/li]
[/ol]

Smithy

Premium Member
Pre-Race Questions: 
First congratulations to Danny for finishing in the points in his first race back at PRL :)

1. No
2. It has seemed to be an issue of late, with more crashes than we would have liked. I think maybe people need to calm down a little of the start, we said it at the start of the season, and we went about 3-4 races without any major crashes. That seems to have disappeared now xD. I dont personally think any driver is always a problem. 
3. No, i think this week its obvious to 2 stop, 1 stop seems nigh on impossible to do, let alone with good race pace. I think this race could be a good one, as with most drivers in the Top10 likely to be on the same strategy we could see a huge battle for the lead :D. However turn 1 is an awful corner for incidents, due to the nature of it. So i think drivers need to be very careful through there, as if there was to be an incident near the front, it would ruin a lot of peoples races behind them, as there is almost nowhere to go when you are travelling at speed.

xdearagony92

Pre Race Questions: 
1)Now a 100% race has been completed, would any driver want to do it again? (Yes or No)

No.

2)Wheel to wheel battling seemed to be at the centre of controversy after the race at Spa, it was in similar discussions after the previous race at Monza. Do you think something needs to change? Any drivers who need to be more careful?

Allways been very vocal about this. but basicly lap 1 incidents need to happen less. And to many "stupid" incidents happen. things that can be solved easy if you kinda try and think like a real race car driver.

3)Onto this weeks race, we find ourselves at the Hockenheim circuit. Light-e44 took pole last season on an alternative strategy to the other front runners. Do you think we could see something similar this weekend? A variety of strategies?

No idea havent spend time on this weeks race other then a race setup. 

ne-yo1993

Premium Member
2. It is no coincidence that always the same people are involved in crashes. Going 4 wide after eau rouge can't work. Some people should start to use their brain. Also, the stewards are very inconstant which didn't help. I got a penalty point for making contact with killer but Cantera gets away with crashing me out. Where is the logic ?

KillerBlue195

Premium Member
1. Once a season maybe. But not with any great regularity. The races can quickly become boring if a lot of people retire

2. I think the biggest problem is not with drivers doing the overtaking, but with those drivers being overtaken. In real life when a driver is overtaken, often they concede the corner to protect their car and wings and try and set themselves up to gain the place back in the next corner. What happens in our races wayyyyyy too much is a driver will continue to fight after they've been passed and should give the place up and end up irritating the driver overtaking them and a collision happens because the guy who's been passed is still trying to fight back when it's just stupid to do so. People need to realise it's not the end of the world if they are overtaken.

3. I think strategy is pretty straightforward this weekend. Start on super softs and go mediums twice for the rest of the race or start softs, then go softs again and then mediums to the end. Two stop is the way to go

Macca

Premium Member
Now a 100% race has been completed, would any driver want to do it again? (Yes or No)
No

Wheel to wheel battling seemed to be at the centre of controversy after the race at Spa, it was in similar discussions after the previous race at Monza. Do you think something needs to change? Any drivers who need to be more careful?
No

Onto this weeks race, we find ourselves at the Hockenheim circuit. Light-e44 took pole last season on an alternative strategy to the other front runners. Do you think we could see something similar this weekend? A variety of strategies
Simple 2 stopper if it's dry but it's almost certainly going to rain

Liamtsh96

I would like to do anouther 100% race but only have 1 per season.

Everyone is told to be careful especially in to turn 1 but there is a few people who take unessasary risks.

2 stops is the fastest strategy round hockenheim so it will be interesting to see who wins. Pole position is likely to win this one.

ibbopaul

1)Now a 100% race has been completed, would any driver want to do it again? (Yes or No)

Yes, just need to make a rule on qualifying, we must make sure we don't make qualify go on all night then still have to do 100% so maybe no quali just random grid. But its a codemasters fault for no dedicated servers or connections, even payday 2 has made a update to stop desync issues.

2)Wheel to wheel battling seemed to be at the centre of controversy after the race at Spa, it was in similar discussions after the previous race at Monza. Do you think something needs to change? Any drivers who need to be more careful?

Yes something does need to be done to change it (dum dum dum eastenders closing music) you all get slower so i can join you and make it even more exciting, and I'm great at wheel to wheel when given the chance.

3)Onto this weeks race, we find ourselves at the Hockenheim circuit. Light-e44 took pole last season on an alternative strategy to the other front runners. Do you think we could see something similar this weekend? A variety of strategies?

I pick the best TT setup I can use in this game cant make my own hoping to be able to in F1 2017. Aim for race is not to be lapped (or less times lapped) and much closer to driver in front of me.

PS Jake whys your face a Cherry and sultana cake?

Michemery

1. Now a 100% race has been completed, would any driver want to do it again? (Yes or No)
Yes but it depends what track. I would like Monaco because it would be a test.

2. Wheel to wheel battling seemed to be at the centre of controversy after the race at Spa, it was in similar discussions after the previous race at Monza. Do you think something needs to change? Any drivers who need to be more careful?
Nope, accidents happen.

3. Onto this weeks race, we find ourselves at the Hockenheim circuit. Light-e44 took pole last season on an alternative strategy to the other front runners. Do you think we could see something similar this weekend? A variety of strategies?
Yes indeed. I expect there to be a mixture of 2 and 3 stoppers. Who knows someone will probably try a 1 stop.