Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 13: Belgium - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (09Jan19 @ 9pm EST)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Joined
Feb 1, 2017
Messages
2,523
Location
USA, Arizona, Sun City
Full Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
330094

Last Season's Results: 
1st: Darklol
2nd: Tron4949
3rd: Sucuri
Pole: Darklol (01:43.390) 
FL: Zephyr (01:47.364)
 

jalmenar

Premium Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2018
Messages
49
Location
US, VA
I hate to say, I might not make it tonight :x I'm moving and I'll probably spend the night at my new house.
Such a shame! Spa is one of the circuits that I know from previous experience and have decent pace (low 1:43s), I was hoping to Q within the top 10 like I did in Canada and get some points, but well, next time.
 

moogleslam

Premium Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2017
Messages
339
Location
USA
Possible I don't make it again :( Some long story involving Drivers Ed classes & knee surgery....

Kinda 50/50 right now....
 

moogleslam

Premium Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2017
Messages
339
Location
USA
iceman153 said:
I'm not going to make it, was hoping to be over this flu by now, but I'm still stuck in bed with a fever.

Teammates, same steering wheel, and now we both have the flu?  Are we taking this too far? :)

I've been sick since the 2nd, but today is the first day I've improved, so am ready for some racing (if things work out; still TBD).
 

iceman153

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 22, 2017
Messages
151
Location
Vancouver, BC
Lol! Yeah I've been stuck in bed since Saturday... And hey the wheel also matches our Renault colors ;). Definitely not too far, lol
 

patlessard

Premium Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2017
Messages
455
Location
MTL, Quebec , Canada
moogleslam said:
iceman153 said:
I'm not going to make it, was hoping to be over this flu by now, but I'm still stuck in bed with a fever.

Teammates, same steering wheel, and now we both have the flu?  Are we taking this too far? :)

I've been sick since the 2nd, but today is the first day I've improved, so am ready for some racing (if things work out; still TBD).

I'Ve had it since december 22...juste getting out off it    

that thing is strong this year !!
 

moogleslam

Premium Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2017
Messages
339
Location
USA
After missing the last two races while my parents were visiting, I was super excited to get back on track with you all, primarily because this beauty had finally arrived, and I love it!  ... though I suppose the real credit should go to the CSL Elite Wheel Base+ for that extra feels :)

Qualifying

On my out lap, I had my game crash with a message about needing to verify game cache.  I'd had this a couple of days prior, and I did run the Steam function to do this, so I had assumed the issue was resolved.  Apparently not.   When I got back in the session there was about 3 minutes left. As I crossed the pit limiter line, I realized I initially didn't have control of my car at all; it wasn't receiving my inputs so the car just decelerated, went straight, and crashed into the barrier causing minor damage to my front wing.  A second later, and I had control, but it was like my steering rotation was 1080 degrees, then a few seconds after that, it reverted to 360.  No idea what that was about.  Anyway, I had only had a chance to do one hot lap with my damaged wing, but cut a corner, and that was that.  Starting from the back.

Race

Unfortunately, I also had recording issues apparently, as I don't have a recording of the race, not even my first lap for my LAP1Series.  It was a bad one though.  Almost lost it through Eau Rouge, and was lucky not to hit the barrier.  Contact with someone at Les Combes which caused a half spin, and then my wife arrived home and was talking to me for the rest of the lap which lost me a lot of focus, so I was way down on everyone else.

Like Silverstone though, after a bad first lap, I totally dialed it in and got in a great groove.  Nothing had shown it up to that point, but I had some good pace here.  More than that though, was that I had started on the right tire for the weather conditions, the Soft.  This ended up lasting to the exact point where I'd need to switch to Inters for the rain.  Before that point though, I just found pace and consistency, and it seemed a lot of drivers around me did not.  I moved up a lot of places through incidents from others, including some of the front runners, and then I moved up some more as drivers who had started on the Super Soft had to pit.  In no time at all, I was running in 3rd.

I waited until the perfect lap to pit, but the run down the back straight was getting a bit dodgy, and I almost lost it, running onto the grass and losing a couple of places, albeit to other drivers who were also pitting.  The 3 of us went into the pits, and...... my game crashed with the same message yet again.  Ugh.

Summary

Really disappointing as I was having a heck of a recovery race up to that point, and would have loved to have seen where I could have ended up.  For sure, having a new wheel has made a huge difference.  I can feel my car doing oversteery things I never felt before, plus it's just such a joy to have EVERYTHING mapped to the wheel, with still loads of button maps left over.

Right after the game, I uninstalled, and started a re-install, so we'll see if that fixes things for me, since the Verify Integrity of Game Files did not.  I LOVE Monza, which is my second favorite track after Monaco, so that should motivate me to get some practice done over the next week to test things out.
 

Fruitsalsa

Well-known member
Joined
May 7, 2017
Messages
91
Location
Canada
moogleslam said:
 and then my wife arrived home and was talking to me for the rest of the lap which lost me a lot of focus, so I was way down on everyone else.
So many variables to control!  ;)

I feel you, my girlfriend arrived on the penultimate lap of the race while I was clutching to my 6th place (and my first points of the season, on the rain).... I delayed that welcoming chitchat for 5 min real quick
 

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
Joined
Mar 11, 2017
Messages
633
Location
VA
Full Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
136620
moogleslam said:
Summary

Really disappointing as I was having a heck of a recovery race up to that point, and would have loved to have seen where I could have ended up.  For sure, having a new wheel has made a huge difference.  I can feel my car doing oversteery things I never felt before, plus it's just such a joy to have EVERYTHING mapped to the wheel, with still loads of button maps left over.

Right after the game, I uninstalled, and started a re-install, so we'll see if that fixes things for me, since the Verify Integrity of Game Files did not.  I LOVE Monza, which is my second favorite track after Monaco, so that should motivate me to get some practice done over the next week to test things out.

I saw your name on the standings up to P3 and just as I thought man PJ is making a comeback I see the disconnect message... that is rough man!

That rain showed up really fast.  On the forecast it said it should be around the middle of the race.
 

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
Joined
Mar 11, 2017
Messages
633
Location
VA
Full Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
136620
moogleslam said:
So, who the heck won?  I need some results! :)

Hopefully Dark recorded, because I forgot to set up any kind of recording software on my PC.
 
Top