Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 12: Russia - Sochi Autodrom (19Jul17 @ 8pm BST)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Joined
Feb 1, 2017
Messages
2,505
Location
USA, Arizona, Sun City
 

Harvey12

Member
Joined
May 23, 2017
Messages
20
Location
Slovakia
I will NOT join you in this race due to being on vacation from 9th of July 2017 to 19th of July 2017. Wish you all luck and fun!
 

ENiGMA

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 6, 2017
Messages
57
Location
Finland, Varsinais-Suomi, Turku
Me and a couple of other drivers in the Baku 'afterparty' teamspeak chat were talking about potentially turning on strict corner cutting rules for this track.

My reasons are that it is easy to gain a lot of time by corner cutting on this track, and I think that turning strict corner cutting on will provide more fair racing.

I also understand that it can be quite hard to not corner cut on this track, as the curbs are very flat and can give no feedback to the driver that they are on the curbs. Also, if you run wide on the last corner you can very easily get a 10-second penalty for going slighty wide, but this can be argued to the stewards after the race.

Other drivers should chip in with what their point of view is on this issue.
 

ztikes

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 2, 2017
Messages
58
Location
England
ENiGMA said:
Me and a couple of other drivers in the Baku 'afterparty' teamspeak chat were talking about potentially turning on strict corner cutting rules for this track.

My reasons are that it is easy to gain a lot of time by corner cutting on this track, and I think that turning strict corner cutting on will provide more fair racing.

I also understand that it can be quite hard to not corner cut on this track, as the curbs are very flat and can give no feedback to the driver that they are on the curbs. Also, if you run wide on the last corner you can very easily get a 10-second penalty for going slighty wide, but this can be argued to the stewards after the race.

Other drivers should chip in with what their point of view is on this issue.
Yes I completely agree with you, as said in team speak after the race, you can gain such a huge advantage by just a slight corner cut with this system since it isn't always correct either. My suggestion would be to record the race to send proof to the stewards about the last corner so they can see if it happens in this case. Other than that I think it's a really fair point to turn on strict corner cutting for the rest of this season preferably, or just the circuits that are easy to cut and make up time.
 

GiMP

Active member
Joined
Mar 23, 2017
Messages
35
Location
Slovakia
I agree aswell. We might bring strict rules for every race i think, defenitely want to bring it atleast here in russia. Some of us might get DSQed but its just fine i think, everyone starts somwehere:) People will be more safe driving with strick rules for sure.
 

CrystalCatcha

Active member
Joined
Apr 15, 2017
Messages
30
Location
England, Brighton
I agree with strict rules being enforced but mid season I'm not sure. Not because I cut in Sochi, or anywhere for that matter (got told earlier in the season at Canada by Wombeto that I drove too politely compared to others and that I should take a bit more curb!), but just changing rules mid season is a bit odd especially as the standings would probably be completely different had strict corners been enforced since the start. I think leave it up to the stewards and race organiser ultimately, as I believe they are already discussing the matter. But at the end of the day I'm 100% in favour of them regardless of when they are implemented. :)
 

yarmolenko9

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 23, 2017
Messages
52
Location
Ukraine, Chernihiv
If this is normal, then perhaps I will withdraw from the championship to F1 2017.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pF0QYgL0Bo&feature=youtu.be
 

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Joined
Jan 25, 2017
Messages
8,141
Location
Nicolet, QC, Canada
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
177904
yarmolenko9 said:
If this is normal, then perhaps I will withdraw from the championship to F1 2017.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pF0QYgL0Bo&feature=youtu.be

First attempt, I don't see why you tried to overtake on the outside on a close spot like this, you should have taken the inside...

Second attempt, I suggest you to send it to the stewards as I think the corner right was your.

"If this is normal, then perhaps I will withdraw from the championship to F1 2017"

This is not the first time you receive a warning about that, be careful at the way you are talking on the forum. The way you have written this sentence means that you think the driver behind you intentionnaly did that. Make sure to see the other driver view before making any comments... You know that this game is very unstable online and maybe you were lagging in the other driver screen or maybe it was a sync issue.
 

yarmolenko9

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 23, 2017
Messages
52
Location
Ukraine, Chernihiv
jeromef1 said:
yarmolenko9 said:
If this is normal, then perhaps I will withdraw from the championship to F1 2017.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pF0QYgL0Bo&feature=youtu.be

First attempt, I don't see why you tried to overtake on the outside on a close spot like this, you should have taken the inside...

Second attempt, I suggest you to send it to the stewards as I think the corner right was your.

"If this is normal, then perhaps I will withdraw from the championship to F1 2017"

This is not the first time you receive a warning about that, be careful at the way you are talking on the forum. The way you have written this sentence means that you think the driver behind you intentionnaly did that. Make sure to see the other driver view before making any comments... You know that this game is very unstable online and maybe you were lagging in the other driver screen or maybe it was a sync issue.

He fought several laps with McLaren and everything was cultured and normal, but there simply were no words. I just do not want to waste time in vain.
 

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Joined
Jan 25, 2017
Messages
8,141
Location
Nicolet, QC, Canada
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
177904
yarmolenko9 said:
jeromef1 said:
yarmolenko9 said:
If this is normal, then perhaps I will withdraw from the championship to F1 2017.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pF0QYgL0Bo&feature=youtu.be

First attempt, I don't see why you tried to overtake on the outside on a close spot like this, you should have taken the inside...

Second attempt, I suggest you to send it to the stewards as I think the corner right was your.

"If this is normal, then perhaps I will withdraw from the championship to F1 2017"

This is not the first time you receive a warning about that, be careful at the way you are talking on the forum. The way you have written this sentence means that you think the driver behind you intentionnaly did that. Make sure to see the other driver view before making any comments... You know that this game is very unstable online and maybe you were lagging in the other driver screen or maybe it was a sync issue.

He fought several laps with McLaren and everything was cultured and normal, but there simply were no words. I just do not want to waste time in vain.

Yeah but don't think that to threat leaving the championship is gonna change something ;). I saw you send a protest to the stewards which is good!
 

yarmolenko9

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 23, 2017
Messages
52
Location
Ukraine, Chernihiv
I do not want to offend anyone, about quitting the championship is not a threat, but as they say thoughts aloud :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk3lVHKD-mg&feature=youtu.be

Here is another point: the Ferrari also shifts on a straight line, overlapping the trajectory of the McLaren. It's just that after such incidents, the mood is lost ...
 

CrystalCatcha

Active member
Joined
Apr 15, 2017
Messages
30
Location
England, Brighton
Qualifying: Didn't practice in the wet or intermediate conditions so I was pretty happy with a 7th place at the end of the session.

Race: had a great but scary start after sliding into a gap between kyle and enigma, thankfully neither of them squeezed into me on turn 1, had a very slight lovetap with my team mate veoxic which gave Xaiden 5th place as I left turn 1 behind them in 6th. Had some battles for a good few laps with Dntxrage and Xaiden until Xaiden made a questionable dive infront of me on turn 2 lap 5/6. I had no where to go because of that so I tried to go up the inside and unfortunately went into the back of his rear right tyre and it caused me to spin and hit the wall, giving me a red and yellow wing which caused me to need to pit on that lap for mediums. After watching the stream back and realising what lap it was I could have gone onto softs but it felt too early at the time and veoxic my teammate agreed so just a misjudgement on my part of the tyre choice (again! :(). After half the stint on mediums a few of the guys ahead who pitted for supers caught up with me, had some good battles trying to hold ztikes, kyle and xaiden off me but with half worn mediums it was pretty difficult and ultimately they passed me. 

The rest of the race was fairly uneventful until the last few laps where I had some really amazing battles with V6gun in the Renault, really great, fair battles and come across the line infront of him in 10th despite him being on softs. Due to ztikes having 24secs of penalties and myself having 12secs (driving on tilt caused them - had no penalties or warnings prior to my red wing pit change) I ended up in 10th and v6 jumped me into 9th by having less penalties. Fair play to you sir!

Its a shame that I couldn't run my original strategy and try finish higher but these things happen. Onto Abu Dhabi!  :shock: :roll:
 

CrystalCatcha

Active member
Joined
Apr 15, 2017
Messages
30
Location
England, Brighton
Yeah I saw, just thought yellow right was ok to continue with - worked for you though somehow finishing that high! :D I had to pit lap 5/6 for red wing and only just managed 10th. :/ good work!
 
Top