Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• Only a few places left for 2021 Season 4 in our MX-5 Cup! Other series signups are closed!

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 4 are currently closed for all series except MX-5 Cup!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Round 12: Belgium - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (20Jun18 @ 8:15pm AEDT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Belgium.png

Last Season's Results:
1st: dreglar
2nd: El_Majacko
3rd: kartdude45
Pole: kartdude45 (1.44.390)
FL: Maznat87 (1.46.086)

1. After 11 rounds, just 2 points separate 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the championship. Maznat, danirox and kartdude all have stood atop the podium this season. Which one will emerge on on top by season's end?
2. We saw a wide variety of strategies employed in last week's Hungarian GP, resulting in the race winner lapping 14 seconds slower than 7th place on the last lap. With Spa known for changeable conditions, might we see a similar situation this week?
A season ago Wayneo was teleported into the sky at Pouhon and dropped into an unfortunate disqualification. Will a glitch be someone's downfall again?
4. Which corner do you find the most challenging at this circuit?

El_Majacko

Premium Member
Name
Q: 1st
Tried to set a decent super soft lap, but a distraction ended that strategy. I had no choice but to improve on ultras. Wasn't a great lap, but was good enough for pole, and a front row lockout for the team.

R: 2nd
What a pity that the front row lockout occurs at the worst track to be on the front row. I got a crappy launch and was pinched to the inside by dani. Unfortunately she didn't get a decent exit from La Source either and after contact that dislodged Maz' front wing, we were side by side before Eau Rouge. I had to back out, which gave kart an easy run to the lead. We were three wide into Les Combes but his car was best placed and there was nothing I could do. I was completely unable to keep up in the middle sector so I decided to change strategy to a 2 stop as I saw a gap to drop into. The undercut worked but I was unable to get away. The rain helped kart and stewart catch up. I tried to defend but at Spa that's pretty impossible. I pitted for ultras but it tricked dani and stewart to go to inters which put them at the back of the finishers. The ultras worked well, but I hadn't made the gains in previous laps to make the strategy work. By being the only driver to execute the correct strategy, kartdude took another victory. Lessons have been learnt, but points have been lost.