Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 12: Belgium - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (03Jan18 @ 8:15pm AEDT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID

Last Season's Results (F1 2014):
1st: RAF1FA
2nd: El_Majacko
3rd: Dubzzy__
Pole: Dubzzy__ (1.57.994)
Fastest Lap: RAF1FA (1.49.869)

Pre-race Questions:

1. League racing is finally back after the Christmas break. How was your festive season?
2. Are you ready to return to the track? Batteries recharged or perhaps a bit rusty?
3. Kartdude was victorious in the pre-season race run here. Will he repeat that success and stand atop the podium for his second win of the official season?
4. The aforementioned event was a race of attrition with Eau Rouge proving a tough proposition. Will we see any retirements there this week?

El_Majacko

Premium Member
1. League racing is finally back after the Christmas break. How was your festive season?
I visited family over the break. It was a welcome break from F1, but I'm ready to return now.
2. Are you ready to return to the track? Batteries recharged or perhaps a bit rusty?
I turned a few laps and it had me wondering whether I was rusty or if Spa was a weak circuit for me. I guess I'll find out soon.
3. Kartdude was victorious in the pre-season race run here. Will he repeat that success and stand atop the podium for his second win of the official season?
I wouldn't underestimate him, but dreglar and Maznat are tough to bet against.
4. The aforementioned event was a race of attrition with Eau Rouge proving a tough proposition. Will we see any retirements there this week?
I'd say we'll see a few, especially because we've had a few weeks without gameplay.

Nemo9n

Good
Been playing a lot of GT Sport but hopefully with some practice leading up ill be good
Maybe will be tough tho with both saubers being very strong lately
Hopefully none. Remember the race is not won in the 1st lap.

El_Majacko

Premium Member
Q: 4th
I was in two minds about starting tyre. In hindsight I made the wrong choice. My ultras times were poleworthy by a few tenths, but I elected to remain P4, slowing on my ultra lap in favour of supers.

R: 2nd
Had a great launch but was boxed in, with several cars around me ominously lagging. I backed off through Eau Rouge for the same reason, but that cost dani her wing and let two cars by me, and I was sunk to P6. My strategy was already ruined as I needed to keep up with the leaders. From there I overtook craig, kidbyers and HSV, but kart and dreglar were long gone on ultras. My strategy meant my tyres were in better condition than both the leaders, but I only caught kartdude for P2, with dreglar too far ahead. Congrats to him on the first victory of 2018!

dreglar

Q:2nd - definitely felt a touch out of practice so my first run was pretty conservative. On my second lap I found quite a bit of time in the the middle sector but a ghost car from a retiree suddenly appeared infront of me in the final sector and my subsequent confusion cost me a tenth or two, which ultimately might’ve been enough for pole but nonetheless a great lap by Kart!
R: 1st - After last rounds jump start I was extra cautious off the line and I think Kart was too so we were both under threat from behind into T1. Craig almost got alongside into eau rouge but backed off and I managed to hold onto 2nd. I was able to stick to the back of Kart through the first few laps as he was seemingly struggling with grip and I duly got past with DRS on lap 3. From there I slowly established a cushion of 4-5seconds before putting on lap 7 for Softs. I came out in clear air in 3rd behind the long running Jacko and HSV and was pretty much unchallenged for the rest of the race once they pitted. Jacko managed to slip by Kart late in the race but positions 2/3/4 were very close at the end so it must’ve been a great race for them!