Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 11: Hungary - Hungaroring (13Jun18 @ 9pm EDT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Hungary.png

Pre-Race Interviews:
1. How do you like this track ? Can you achieve a better result than last season ?
2. Who is your closest rival this season and how's has the fight been so far between you both ?
3. Even with a newly added DRS zone, there wasn't much overtakes at the Montreal GP. What should F1 do to improve the show ?

Zephyr

Name
1. How do you like this track ? Can you achieve a better result than last season ?
I dont like it at all but its actually historically one of my best tracks.

2. Who is your closest rival this season and how's has the fight been so far between you both ?
My closest rival is . . ., i dont really have one. if anyone i would have to say Deadzero and he is crushing me so far in points at least.

3. Even with a newly added DRS zone, there wasn't much overtakes at the Montreal GP. What should F1 do to improve the show?
Make more interesting strategy by making tyres not last so long. I think the aero needs to be fixed a bit but im not in favor of drastically changing the aero.

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
1. How do you like this track? Can you achieve a better result than last season?
Turn 4 is still the bane of my life. Maybe I can do a little better this time. My consistency has shown this season. If I finish 8th or higher this race, I will officially have more than double the points I finished with last season and we are only half way. I think my goal is to reach 200 points before the season is over. Lets hope the top 3 drivers fail a few times to give me a few podiums.

2. Who is your closest rival this season and how's has the fight been so far between you both?
I don't think I have a direct rival but I have raced against Zephyr the most this season. Only because the race always puts us together at some point, whether it's at the beginning, middle, or end of the race. Sometimes for even half the race. Although I do have more points, Zephyr has proved to be the faster driver but I seem to be more consistent than he is.

3. Even with a newly added DRS zone, there wasn't much overtakes at the Montreal GP. What should F1 do to improve the show?
I don't know. Add a rocket boost? Maybe increase the drag on the aero to make slip streaming more of an advantage for the driver behind. This could also increase the speed in turns.

Sucuri

Name
I really like this track, but I can't seem to find the one lap pace here. Last season I had a rather embarrassing spin at the S2 chicane, finishing 5th, pretty sure I can do better, but it is a hard to keep up lap times while mistake free so we will see.

As they say, be careful for what you wish for! Its been a constant fight with Tron and the points show it. We had some sick battles thus far, and I expect a lot more before the season is over!

3. Even with a newly added DRS zone, there wasn't much overtakes at the Montreal GP. What should F1 do to improve the show ?

The new aero changes will help. Verstappen lost his end plate in Spain and it seemed to not make a huge difference in his lap times, seems like a no brainer to do away with it to clean the air up a bit. 

Zephyr

Name
looking back at the race, i think i got cheated out of p3 by a glitch. i finished ~8 seconds behind Tron (i double checked with a timer from when he crossed and then i crossed) and he had 11 sec of penalties so i should have inherited third after that. 

the times on the final screen are as if i had a 3 sec penalty (it said 0 penalties next to my name) and he had 11 sec of penalties, even tho i had none. (or i had none and he had 8 sec). he was +53.375 and i was +54.993 even tho i only finished 8 sec away and he had 11 sec of penalties

Dark or whoever i should ask, what do i do to try to get the standings corrected. i can post proof (editing rn).

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
If Tron had a 5 second stop and go penalty and served it during the race then it doesn't count to his final time. I had one in Silverstone and even though it said 5 second penalty in the final standings, it didn't actually count towards my final time because i served it during the race. Otherwise Piboye would have passed me in the standings.

Zephyr

Name
DEADZERO said:
If Tron had a 5 second stop and go penalty and served it during the race then it doesn't count to his final time. I had one in Silverstone and even though it said 5 second penalty in the final standings, it didn't actually count towards my final time because i served it during the race. Otherwise Piboye would have passed me in the standings.

ohh, that might explain it. i was so confused because it said +11 sec and i was only 8 sec behind and i didnt get the position

Darklol

Director
Staff member
Name
Marco Oliveira
iRacing ID
Yes I think DeadZero is right. I looked at the final result screen and he got x3 penalties (11secs) which means he got 2 x 3secs for corner cutting and probably a 5 sec stop for speeding in the pits probably that he served during his pit stop.