Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 11: Hungary - Hungaroring (13Jun18 @ 8:15pm AEDT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Hungary.png

Last Season's Results:
1st: El_Majacko
2nd: dreglar
3rd: kartdude45
Pole: dreglar (1.17.120)
FL: Nemo9n (1.19.315)

1. Nemo scored his first PRL podium last week in Silverstone. Might he go back-to-back in Hungary after qualifying 3rd last season and recording the fastest lap?
2. Budapest Season 9 saw both front-row sitters jump the start, but fight back to 2nd and 3rd in the end. Will anyone jump the start this time?
Half the campaign is in the books, have you satisfied your objectives thus far, and have they changed for the remainder?
4. The Hungaroring is known as 'Monaco without the walls'. How do you rate the circuit?

danirox88

Premium Member
Name
1. Nemo scored his first PRL podium last week in Silverstone. Might he go back-to-back in Hungary after qualifying 3rd last season and recording the fastest lap?
He might. 

2. Budapest Season 9 saw both front-row sitters jump the start, but fight back to 2nd and 3rd in the end. Will anyone jump the start this time?
I doubt it as the one who did no longer races and the other reacted to that driver. 

3. Half the campaign is in the books, have you satisfied your objectives thus far, and have they changed for the remainder?
Was hoping to be doing better at this point. 

4. The Hungaroring is known as 'Monaco without the walls'. How do you rate the circuit?
0/10 hats. 

El_Majacko

Premium Member
Name
Q: 5th
Wasn't able to put in a representative lap. Was close to P2, but nowhere near pole. Maz put in an absolute blinder. Well done!

R: 1st
Stewart made a bold strategy call to start on inters in front of me while everyone else was on full wets. He got a poor start as a result and that allowed me to the inside. I braked a tiny bit later than kart and dani and snuck down the inside. There was contact with kart and a nibble on Maz. Someone also hit me from behind but I probably went a bit deep for my own good. From there is was second trailing Maz as kart and dani battled over 3rd and we pulled away from stewart. Eventually we pit for inters and stewart emerged in front. I fell back pitting a lap later, but that would help later on. Stewart seemed to hold Maz up as his inters were dying which allowed me to close in. Soon Maz overtook him and stewart pitted for a second set of inters soon after. After trading times with Maz, the Renault driver pulled into the pits, presumably knowing he risked a puncture. I decided to nurse my tyres hoping to make it to a time when slicks would be viable. That time eventually came, but on lap 33. With 2 laps left and stewart bearing down on me, I drove like I was on eggshells, being on 75%+ inters on a dry track. I actually hit 82% by the time I crossed the line. What a crazy race!