Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022/S4 - Seasonal prizes draw!

Hi Guest, The list of eligible drivers to the 2022/S4 end of season draw is now available! We will be doing a live event on Discord on Sunday December 11th at 9pm EDT!
    Click here for more details and to see the list of eligible drivers.

Round 10: Watkins Glen International - Classic Boot (Dec 3)

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
GT4 Fixed Series 2022/S4
GT3 Sprint Series 2023/S1
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Watkins%20Glen%20International%20-%20Classic%20Boot.png

Race Time of day: 2021-04-01 13:35 1x
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 11x, DSQ at 20x
Max Fuel: 65%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Gunner

Organizer
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Just a reminder that there is a break week for American thanksgiving before our season finale at the Glen! Looking forward to the finish for the title fight!

mclachlanol

Organizer
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Here you go guys, I normally go with low downforce but since it's going to be a hot afternoon race I added a little bit more wing. Was able to get into the 1:40s after a couple laps and even had one lap in the 1:39s. This is probably my favorite track to run on, should be a good one!

Attachments

• Owen_Watkins_R3.sto
    1.6 KB · Views: 14

barryf1fan

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2023/S1
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
Barry Cochrane
iRacing ID
Here you go guys, I normally go with low downforce but since it's going to be a hot afternoon race I added a little bit more wing. Was able to get into the 1:40s after a couple laps and even had one lap in the 1:39s. This is probably my favorite track to run on, should be a good one!

Man! 1:39... Best I could muster tonight was a 1:42.5xx. Did a couple of those and quite a few between that and 1:43.5xx.
I don't need more cow bell, need more constructive practice.

Thanks for sharing, man!

Wingnut

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
Kevin Santana
iRacing ID
Man! 1:39... Best I could muster tonight was a 1:42.5xx. Did a couple of those and quite a few between that and 1:43.5xx.
I don't need more cow bell, need more constructive practice.

Thanks for sharing, man!
Don’t get too down on your time difference. A mere 10 degrees in track surface temp will make for at least a second of pace one way or the other.

barryf1fan

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2023/S1
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
Barry Cochrane
iRacing ID
Don’t get too down on your time difference. A mere 10 degrees in track surface temp will make for at least a second of pace one way or the other.

Thanks man! I run some more last night and approached a few of the corners different and was able to run several 1:41's. Best being a 1:41.6, pretty satisfied with that, I just need to be mindful of Turns 7 & 9. :LOL:

Shawn Duhamel

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 3 Series 2023/S1
Name
Shawn Duhamel
iRacing ID
Reminder that VHR is hosting a practice tonight from 8PM to 11PM EST.

mclachlanol

Organizer
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Great race guys and thanks for making it a fun season. Congrats to Joshua for winning the championship and congrats to David for making it a solid second. On the AM side congrats to Dave for a great battle all season long. Hope to see you guys soon!

bonaduce

Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Cajun, I am truly sorry for that tap that spun you in turn 9. I thought I left enough room between us to try and catch you off the next corner by really cutting this apex and I misjudged not only my closing speed but also breaking zone. After watching the replay, sorry admins I didn't save it, I believe I deserve a penalty. If the admins wish to look at the incident, it is either lap 4 or 6. Again I apologize David, I owe you an alligator tail.

CajunGrit

Organizer
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
Cajun, I am truly sorry for that tap that spun you in turn 9. I thought I left enough room between us to try and catch you off the next corner by really cutting this apex and I misjudged not only my closing speed but also breaking zone. After watching the replay, sorry admins I didn't save it, I believe I deserve a penalty. If the admins wish to look at the incident, it is either lap 4 or 6. Again I apologize David, I owe you an alligator tail.
It’s all good my friend! I messed my braking up going into that turn too so i knew i was going to catch you out. Funny enough, i didn’t have any damage. I just got beached on the curb and had to tow my way out. But it was a super fun opening few laps! Hope i can close the gap next season to see more of you on track.

I’ll take that gator tail fried.

Threefiver

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 3 Series 2023/S1
Name
Dave Peterson
iRacing ID
Great race guys and thanks for making it a fun season. Congrats to Joshua for winning the championship and congrats to David for making it a solid second. On the AM side congrats to Dave for a great battle all season long. Hope to see you guys soon!
Congrats to you on the Championship, Owen. I'm not going to lie, I was pretty damn disappointed last night as that is the closest I may ever get to one in a group of talent such as this. I had a pretty tight battle with Aaron and probably should have pitted a lap earlier but I didn't. You and I pitted at the same time and I was about 4.4 seconds behind you out of the pits and I thought "alright, here we go...it's right in front of you Dave, go get it"......then you caught the draft of those other guys and I knew I was probably screwed. Aaron and I resumed our battle and that pretty well finished it off barring some bad luck on your part.

Congrats again to you.....was a fun battle this season and I ended up much higher than I would have expected.

barryf1fan

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2023/S1
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
Barry Cochrane
iRacing ID
Congrats Owen!! Well done to you, and to everyone in the AM group (and I guess the PRO guys, too :LOL: ) !!

200.gif

Had a blast in my first open-wheel series, and learned quite a bit. Had some really great battles with several of you guys through the season. Such talent and respect given in the League, it's unbelievable. I'm already so excited for next season (I'm sure the wife isn't...) and hope we get to run Long Beach!!!
Really appreciate the help through the season as well, mclachlanol Thank you for sharing your setups as I tended to prefer those over others, and mbroomo for your help when we were practicing at Mid-Ohio. Feel like I improved from that first race at Philip Island, where I felt like a police road block, to this last race where I actually raced some of you guys.

What a freaking ton-o-fun!! Thank you PRL for organizing and running a great league for us all!

Last edited:

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
It was fun battling with you last night. You've come a long way since round 1!