Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 10: Virginia International Raceway - Full Course (21 Aug)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
 ​
This race is to support Leukemia & Lymphoma Society

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlL5R0pEjvM&feature=youtu.be​
 ​
Time of day: Afternoon
Max. incidents: 30
Race length: 45 minutes
Max. fuel: 50%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Phyrexius

Premium Member
With what happened to both myself and Daniel last week at the Nurburgring this now means that this entire championship is down to what happens at VIR. Man oh man, not exactly how I personally wanted this championship to go, but I can't lie when I say this is probably going to be the most exciting race of the 3 seasons I've raced in PRL so far.

FKNCommishLB

Premium Member
Full Name
James LeBlond
iRacing ID
Guys,

I have been given an opportunity to take my son to his first ever Red Sox game at Fenway Park this Tuesday and will miss the race. I'm sure I'll check the broadcast during the inning to see who wins the Championship!

Best of luck to Ben, Daniel, & Cristian! Will be must watch stream TV!

LB

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Guys seriously, I'm a big F1 fan and never miss a race, but I'm more excited about this race than a final in F1 !! Gotta be awesome!!

Ozymandias

Organizer
Full Name
Cristian Eissler
iRacing ID
After seeing the real IMSA series in Virginia today ... our races are far cleaner than real life. See you tomorrow in practice session...

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
I'll not be around for this race as I'll be on vacation, but be sure I'll watch the broadcast!! I will not read this topic as well and not see the results before I watch the race to not be spoiled :p

A

Anonymous

A couple of weeks ago, members of Team Hugh Jass competed in the ChampCar Endurance Series 24hr race at VIR. It was our second attempt at this challenging race and we all had a great time. I was driving along with Justin Hall and a couple of other non-PRL members. Andrew Fawcett and Alex Klenk were both crewing, and Aaron Thacker was supporting from afar with pizza delivery to the track.

Here's some in-car footage of some stints:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_UC4CgpKF4

If you want to know more about our team with some past event recaps and footage, see our website, feel free to ask any questions!

https://www.hjmotorsport.com/our-story/

Mark Phile

Organizer
There is a chance i miss this week due to a shoulder injury, i will give it a shot but im not sure i can do more than a few laps  :cry:, see how it goes?

acaro

Premium Member
I was hoping it wouldn't come down to this... :(

I just bought the track, now I need to learn it! I am not usually a fast learner, so I don't know how this will go! :D

acaro

Premium Member
@admin - I will need you to add weight to Ben Perez and Cristian Eissler cars. Just for the sake of competition. I'm too slow at this track.

I think 1 ton should be enough... :D

athacker

Premium Member
Overbay - I am sorry we again came together on track. The incident at Phillip Island was 100% on me and take fault. This incident I watched many angles to determine fault, and I feel we both just went for the same line exiting the corner. It stinks it had to happen in the final race of the reason and honestly believe our skillsets would result in a good on track battle. Fast forward to 1:03:30 on the video below as I did my best to study the incident.

[youtube]lSp0YdgRJUI[/youtube]

Here's to chance next season for an effort at clean side by side racing.

Sassy_McSassypants

Premium Member
Full Name
Pete Mobroten
iRacing ID
Sassy_McSassypants said:
Based on early practice rounds... I'm betting heavily on putting in a hilariously inconsistent performance. Looking forward to it though!

Damn I'm good! I don't know what happened to me during the race but I couldn't come anywhere near my practice pace without feeling reckless. I felt like I was driving on marshmallows after the first couple laps and even my "safe" braking points felt sketchy. I decided early on I simply wanted to of survive to the finish. Ended up with two big offs but thankfully still pulled a top 10.

Great season guys, very much enjoyed the experience. I feel like I've developed a bit as a driver simply by being involved. Looking forward to the next go!

SuperHawk

Premium Member
athacker said:
Overbay - I am sorry we again came together on track. The incident at Phillip Island was 100% on me and take fault. This incident I watched many angles to determine fault, and I feel we both just went for the same line exiting the corner. It stinks it had to happen in the final race of the reason and honestly believe our skillsets would result in a good on track battle. Fast forward to 1:03:30 on the video below as I did my best to study the incident.

First off, as you can clearly see I was already committed to turning into the corner and you weren't even at my side at that point, not even to my right rear fender. At that point, you could clearly brake a touch more and not hit me. Coming from someone who just a few weeks ago complains about people not hitting people at the start. Maybe should look into the mirror once or twice. It's not always everyone else's fault. I guess that when you said that you "owe me one" after taking me out a few weeks ago, you just meant that you would take me out again. Thing is, if you had shown your intentions of wanting to get by, I would have let you by just like I did your teammate. I'm a safe racer and if you have a fender on me I'm going to give you room. If you dive bomb me like you did, then I can't give you room because I'm already turning in. I wasn't racing you, I was only racing Pete for my place in the championship. I figure as long as this league has drivers such as you (aggressive to the point of not caring if they take someone out or not, and not even say "sorry") are in this league, I will not be.

athacker

Premium Member
SuperHawk said:
athacker said:

First off, as you can clearly see I was already committed to turning into the corner and you weren't even at my side at that point, not even to my right rear fender. At that point, you could clearly brake a touch more and not hit me. 
I understand your viewpoint and if you feel my driving was careless and worth action, then consider this my acknowledgement of your intentions to protest. 

acaro

Premium Member
athacker said:

I am sorry but I have to give my opinion on this incident.

I don't know if you race road very much, but this is not a legal move anywhere in the world except in the official real life Rolex 24hrs when Taylor dived into Albuquerque and spun him for the lead... :)

You had no way of making the corner if Michael's car had not been there, you were going too fast for the line you were taking.

With this said, my opinion is that it wasn't intentional, just a bad judgement call.