Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 3 Signups are now closed !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are now closed apart from the GT4 Amateur Series and the Formula Renault 3.5 Pro Series where we still have places left !
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details.

Round 10: Detroit Grand Prix at Belle Isle (29 Nov)

With Detroit being rescheduled due to iRacing server maintenance - which option do you prefer?

• Keep the race, keep the points as currently scheduled.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Keep the race, but it will be for no points (race for fun).

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Keep the race, but add a second drop week.

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
GT4 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Belle_Isle.png
 ​
Sponsor this circuit for only $6.95 USD

[circuit_7][/circuit_7]​

Time of day: Morning
Race Length: 30 minutes
Max Incidents: 30
Max. fuel: 100%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 1

Pre-Race Interview:

1- We head south of the border this week to Detroit! As a narrow street course, some say the walls and lack of runoff are too punishing.  Others enjoy the precise nature of the track and find it rewarding, which side are you on?

2- Last race of the season! There are still plenty of battles in the championship to be settled. Will you be going wheel to wheel with your rival to see who comes out on top? 

3- Onion rings or French fries? 

mclachlanol

Organizer
FR3.5 Pro Series 2021/S3
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Early practice lap up on iSpeed. I'm in the low 1:44s, but here is a guy in there already at 1:43.1  :shock:. It looks like that last corner is key, I lost 0.5 sec to him in that section alone. If you got the balls to carry some speed through that corner and down the straight you will have a good lap but I'm always worried about smacking that wall on exit.

I really like this track but I still have never finished a race here. Hopefully the third time around I'll make it to the end :|

Gunner

Organizer
F3 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Oof, I can hardly scrape together low 1:45's here.  I certainly found some time comparing laps with ispeed, but need to get more consistent.  On the other hand, I think I found the limit for how close you can be to the wall in T6 without damage  :D  Anyone feel like getting closer??  I know I won't be again!

[youtube]k25J_gDWPxk[/youtube]

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
I think my teammate bailed on the league lol so quick disclaimer, my livery changed to the Redbull F1 Test livery, hope its not a common one lol

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
GT4 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
We have had to change the schedule due to iRacing maintenance. So this race has been postoned at the end of the season. Unfortunately, it forces us to race on Thanksgiving day. We have no choice and we hope you understand the situation :(

SuperHawk

Premium Member
Name
Can we not just cancel this race, instead of forcing those who would like to spend time with their family on a holiday to make a decision of either racing and making the wife mad to keep their place in the points or possibly losing positions and not racing to spend time with the family?

TRG

Director
Staff member
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
I am not a fan of cancelling the race - less racing is not in PRL's best interest, and changing the rules mid-season is not something we want to get in the habit of doing.

That said, I have created a poll at the top of this topic. Please vote for your preferred option, and we can discuss in this thread. Once we have received signifcant responses, a decision will be made and posted here.

Thanks gentlemen!

SuperHawk

Premium Member
Name
LOL - You aren't changing the rules. It's just like any other race series in real life. If it gets rained out, it gets cancelled. Changing the rules mid season, is adding a race on Thanksgiving - A holiday. Now what series in this world would ever do that?

SuperHawk

Premium Member
Name
I know that is in your interest to always want to argue with anyone who ever wants to give an opinion that differs from yours. But just using common sense should help dictate that a series in which a significant amount of people are from a country that celebrates a national holiday you would not schedule an event on that day.

Gunner

Organizer
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
SuperHawk said:
I know that is in your interest to always want to argue with anyone who ever wants to give an opinion that differs from yours. But just using common sense should help dictate that a series in which a significant amount of people are from a country that celebrates a national holiday you would not schedule an event on that day.

I feel we are beating a dead horse now and just arguing.  The significant portion of the league that celebrates that holiday has 2 options in the poll that makes it a non-issue.  I assume you have voted, I have too.  I for one would like to run the track, just because I like it!  I understand that many may not be able to make it, so I feel adding an extra drop week to accommodate the miss, or even just doing it for fun is a pretty reasonable compromise.

TRG

Director
Staff member
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Well said Matt. We put out a poll so we could get the opinions of multiple drivers on the matter.

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
I’m 98% sure i won’t be able to make the race, but don’t let that spoil the fun for the rest of you canucks. I already missed one race, so I’m all for making it some sort of optional race. Whether that’s to add a second drop week or make it a “post season” race, it’s all good to me. I’d race you fellas even if there wasn’t a championship on the line.

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
I feel like Americans are the only ones that take thanksgiving super seriously. As a Canadian, it's more of a, "if you can make it" sort of thing. Not really celebrated outside of North America. I've seen many leagues run races through Canadian thanksgiving. It's essentially, make the race if you can, otherwise enjoy the Turkey. I dont see thanksgiving as a big deal but I do appreciate the holiday pay given to me. I like this track with this car, I'm in for any week.