Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• RaceSpot broadcast information & paints

Hi Guest,

We recently updated the Broadcast information page under league information with the announcement of our new partnership with RaceSpot.

Note that RaceSpot is not using Trading Paints on their broadcast and all members will need to update their paints on RaceSpot.media.

Please consult the Broadcast information page for more details and procedures.

Round 10: Daytona International Speedway - Road Course (Nov. 18th)

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
GT4 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Daytona%20International%20Speedway%20-%20Road%20Course.png

Time of day at session start: Morning
Practice: 2019-05-15 8:13 am
Qualifying: 2019-05-15 11:13 am
Race: 2019-05-15 11:28 am
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: 24
Max Fuel: 55%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 1

Pre race interviews-
1) It's the final week of the series and the Caddy series is coming to a close. If you stuck it out in the series what did ya like, what did ya hate?

2) Next season we will be moving into the TCR FWD machine, with open tuning, and a possible broadcast. Will you be coming back for another Monday night series?

3)The holidays are here, which do you prefer? Turkey day or Xmas? Or neither?

Mark Phile

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
Pre race interviews-
1) It's the final week of the series and the Caddy series is coming to a close. If you stuck it out in the series what did ya like, what did ya hate?

I enjoyed not having to put a lot of practice in with a busy fall schedule, but now im looking forward to taking this a bit more seriously this next season.

2) Next season we will be moving into the TCR FWD machine, with open tuning, and a possible broadcast. Will you be coming back for another Monday night series?

Im in!

I prefer Turkey day because i love food, but i will be glad when all the holiday hustle and bustle is over.

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
1. I enjoyed this series a lot. I loved the fixed setups. Sadly the day that I thought would work best for the fam did not. Monday’s are hard.

2. Sadly I will not be coming back next season.

3. Christmas for sure. Other than religious reasons which I won’t go into on here I love giving gifts to the kids and wife. There is nothing more cool than picking out that one awesome gift they would love and having them open it. Not to mention getting gifts is cool too lol. And spending time with family but that happens at thanksgiving as well.

Name
Really hope some more guys will come out again for the season finale, let's get a nice race in to end this!

Pre race interviews

I like the Cadillac and I also like the fact that the fixed setup made it possible to jump in, turn a couple laps and then get on with Qualifying and Race without worrying about having a good setup. Disliked the starting time but that's more of a me-issue than yours. :D

I don't own the Audi so I'll sit out next season.

We don't have Turkey day over here, so Christmas it is. ;)

Mark Phile

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
Come on gang, let's finish strong tonight!!! I would love to see all these drivers that had signed up for this series show up tonight!

Mark Phile

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
Gary Schilling said:
I tried. Every time I started to get some speed, the back end would come around.
Had a 47.5 Opt but could not run that without crashing.
You should have stayed and drove it out, was a freaking blast!

Name
Thanks Paul, didn't go as planned though lol.

Chris was so nice to lit up the rear tires on lap 3, which already enabled me to break the draft and on lap 9 I kinda just went too fast through the kink for the line I was on, right side touched the grass and into the tire barrier I went. Front left suspension took a big hit, aero was suboptimal and it was really unstable under braking but I opted to stay out until I can do 26 laps after the stop to combine my Fast Repair with my mandatory stop. Plan was to not use a Fast Repair all season, but ofc the last race had other plans for me.

After pitting from 5th place I could use the new tires to emerge back in the lead after everyone pitted, but Paul was in my draft about 0.8/0.9sec back and had fresher tires due to me stopping as early as I could. The tire dropoff was pretty insane in the temps we had to deal with (Daytona usually is hard on the tires already and then in 53°C track temp...) so I was focusing on getting clean exits in the hope that Paul would do what Chris did earlier.

Then with I think 4 laps to go the gap then opened up by half a second and the draft wasn't a big deal anymore so I could pull away slightly. Even had a lap of fuel extra as we only managed to do 25 laps, so in hindsight I could've pitted a lap earlier with my damaged car, but better safe than sorry.

Anyway, big Thanks to everyone involved in running this series, I've had quite a lot of fun the past 10 weeks (especially Summit Point starting from the pits and Motegi were awesome) and thanks to all the drivers out there, can't remember having a bad situation in a race - a couple issues here and there in Qualifying but from my point of view it was really clean overall!