Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 10: Daytona International Speedway - Oval (Aug 29th)

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
DaytonaOval.png

Laps: 95
Sim Date and Time: 2021-08-28 19:50 1x

Last edited:

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Alright gents. I know most of us are not too fond having a championship race at a plate track, but here we are

Now we all want to race for the win, and I'm not telling anyone not to. All I'm asking is that we are all aware of championship and playoff battles and let's be smart with bump drafts, side drafts, and blocking early and let's get it down to the wire to decide everything as fairly as possible. Here is what's on the lines tonight:

5 drivers within 14 pts for the S3 Drivers Championship:
Rondoletto, O'Brien (-4), Long (-8), Holly (-9), Acosta (-14)

17 pts separate 3 Teams in the S3 Teams Championship:
Team Hype, WB Black (-15), James Bird (-17)

As it stand and not factoring in if a playoff driver does not sign up for S4:
Long and Regan get into the Playoffs automatically with attendance at Daytona. If either one show up, Brown is mathematically eleminated. If both show up, Hilton holds a 34 point advantage over Cervantes for the final playoff spot.

Kemosobie03

Premium Member
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S2
Name
Patrick Cowgill
iRacing ID
Sorry about the contact there on pit road Trent. I guess the in sim spotter and my spotter lights don't work on pit road because I had no clue you were even there. Went to turn down into my box and boom, there you were. Wasn't intentional, so hopefully no hard feelings.

Dragracer501

Premium Member
Name
Trent dinkel
iRacing ID
Sorry about the contact there on pit road Trent. I guess the in sim spotter and my spotter lights don't work on pit road because I had no clue you were even there. Went to turn down into my box and boom, there you were. Wasn't intentional, so hopefully no hard feelings.
It's all good Patrick! I realized legit last second you were outside me didn't mess me up to bad till it would release me from my box, but we're all good man!!

matloc28

Premium Member
Name
Matt Long
iRacing ID
That was a tough one. Got some damage on pit road during those last stops and lost Taylor's bumper. I want to thank whoever built my engine as we were running some sketchy temps pushing on that second stint chase lol.

Big congrats to Taylor on his first win and congrats to Octavio on the championship! That was a hell of a season with a ton of great races. Excited to race y'all in S4 and the Playoffs!

C.M. Pennington

Premium Member
Name
Charles M. Pennington
iRacing ID
Hey Octavio when life gives you lemons, sqweeeze out a CHAMPIONSHIP. Congrats man. Also congrats to Ty for his big win. Looking forward to joining the Cup Series for S4.

Kemosobie03

Premium Member
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S2
Name
Patrick Cowgill
iRacing ID
It's all good Patrick! I realized legit last second you were outside me didn't mess me up to bad till it would release me from my box, but we're all good man!!
I was informed afterwards that the in sim spotter doesn't work in the pits, but I thought for sure my spotter lights on my flag light button box worked no matter where I was on track. I guess we found out last night that they don't work on pit road either lol. I'm curious if there might be a third party spotter app that would help in a situation like that. I know it doesn't happen often, but that could have taken us both out of the race, so having something could be useful.

fotors3

Premium Member
Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
The Team Hype cars were fast last night. The last set of pit stops messed us up because a few guys did no tires. We just couldn't get hooked back up. Proud of this team and what we've all done. Congrats also to Taylor on the W!

Attachments

• IMG_20210829_235125_181.jpg
    IMG_20210829_235125_181.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 5

Dragracer501

Premium Member
Name
Trent dinkel
iRacing ID
I was informed afterwards that the in sim spotter doesn't work in the pits, but I thought for sure my spotter lights on my flag light button box worked no matter where I was on track. I guess we found out last night that they don't work on pit road either lol. I'm curious if there might be a third party spotter app that would help in a situation like that. I know it doesn't happen often, but that could have taken us both out of the race, so having something could be useful.
Yeah I last second saw holley in my mirror and was like hell where did Patrick go then last second i could hear your car, it is lame that the spotter doesn't work in the pits

khudson43

Premium Member
Name
Kris Hudson
iRacing ID
Congrats to Taylor on the win and to Octavio on the championship! I had a blast in my rookie season with you guys. The quality of racing here is absolutely top notch! Can't wait for the next one!