Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 10: Daytona International Speedway - Oval (Aug 25th)

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
DaytonaOval.png

Laps: 55
Sim Date and Time:
2021-08-28 15:15 1x

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Alright gents. I know most of us are not too fond having a championship race at a plate track, but here we are :cautious:

Now we all want to race for the win, and I'm not telling anyone not to. All I'm asking is that we are all aware of championship and playoff battles and let's be smart with bump drafts, side drafts, and blocking early and let's get it down to the wire to decide everything as fairly as possible. Here is what's on the lines tonight:

3 drivers within 9 pts for the S3 Drivers Championship:
Holly, Acosta (-6), Conquer (-9)

5 pts separate Team Hype and WB Overdrive in the S3 Teams Championship

As it stand and not factoring in if a playoff driver does not sign up for S4, 3 drivers within 9 pts for the 16th Playoff Spot:
Schoen, N. Hunter (-2), Hilton (-9)
*Drivers who can still win their way into the Playoffs over the 3 mentioned above: Richter, Labaff, Geyer
*Conquer is currently showing out of the Top 16, but with race attendance tonight, meets the attendance criteria for the Playoff.

Last edited:

C.M. Pennington

Premium Member
Name
Charles M. Pennington
iRacing ID
Finally made my choices on new hardware upgrades. Base and wheel are projected to be delivered in mid Sept. The Peddle set is due here today. So tonight my truck will be sporting a new paint job. To reflect the on going sim rig upgrades. I have also signed up for the Cup Series and remain determined to growing and improve as a driver. I would also like to thank all the Truck Series drivers and admins for the warm welcome and support during my rookie season. With special thanks to Mr. Holly, Mark, Patrick, Josh and Charles for their help and for making me feel welcomed as a part of this great PRL group of drivers.

Good luck tonight, it's a wild place for a season final.
Best Regard, C.M. Pennington

Bradley Holly

Organizer
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Bradley Holly
iRacing ID
Finally made my choices on new hardware upgrades. Base and wheel are projected to be delivered in mid Sept. The Peddle set is due here today. So tonight my truck will be sporting a new paint job. To reflect the on going sim rig upgrades. I have also signed up for the Cup Series and remain determined to growing and improve as a driver. I would also like to thank all the Truck Series drivers and admins for the warm welcome and support during my rookie season. With special thanks to Mr. Holly, Mark, Patrick, Josh and Charles for their help and for making me feel welcomed as a part of this great PRL group of drivers.

I really liked you new scheme it looked really sharp

Bradley Holly

Organizer
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Bradley Holly
iRacing ID

Oh also at somepoint I'm sure we will end up doing some off season shenanigans I will shoot you a message once we get some ideas so you can join us

C.M. Pennington

Premium Member
Name
Charles M. Pennington
iRacing ID
Wow what a race last night. Congrats to Bradley Holley on another Championship and to Josh for coming so close. Sorry to other contenders who got the Super Speedway bite. Also to Charles (probably the cleanest driver I've raced with) for my move at the finish line. I had a hope before logic moment there. We had wrecks and near wrecks. Pit road mistakes and close racing all night. A first time winner and 4 wide at the finish line. I was collected in an early wreck damaged and lost a lap in the pits repairing. With 17 laps remaining I was in 28th a lap down. With the help of a lucky dog and a couple of cautions the eliminated many ahead of me. I made it up to to finish 9th. It was truly a wild finish to season 3. Oh and to Patrick I feel your pain bro, but 2nd is not so bad (great race).

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Your move wasn't as bad in replay as I felt real time, so my apologies CM. Your lefts did dip below the yellow, but in the heat of the battle, I though you went all the way down on the apron and then got on my door. It was an acceptable move for the finish line brother, glad you got that Top 10 to finish off the season. Forgive me for some salt that was carrying over from a prior restart that had nothing to do with you.

C.M. Pennington

Premium Member
Name
Charles M. Pennington
iRacing ID
Well I thank you for your kindness and understanding. I had a big run in a big moment. Not so sure I handled it well. I knew I wouldn't pass you but Nic. I wanted to go high but nic took that away so I dove low and for a moment there was room. So I kept the hammer down knowing that gap would close but hoping it wouldn't. Then It was to late. Either tailgate you or put the left tires below the yellow line.

Daltonfallen

Premium Member
Name
Dalton Geyer
iRacing ID
Sorry to Schoen and anybody else who got collected in that second wreck. I got the clear from my spotter and tried to slide in and run the bottom like I'd been doing to that point, but saw the 65 closing fast when I started to move down and instead of committing to the move or sliding back up, I just got stuck in between and froze. I think ultimately the caution points I've got this season come down to not fully committing to my moves so I'm gonna have to think less and just make the moves next season.