Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 10: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (23 May)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.png

Time of day: Morning
Practice: 7:30 AM (in-game time)
Qualifying: 10:30 AM (in-game time)
Race: 11:45 AM (in-game time)
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: 24
Max. Fuel: 35%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-Race Interview :

1- We come to Canada for our grand finale at Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve! With lots of speed and several braking zones, where do you think is the prime passing opportunity here? 

2- How has your overall experience been this season? Will you miss the radical, or good riddance and bring on a fresh start with a fresh car? 

3-  The iRacing Indy 500 was this weekend, along with qualifying for the real deal. Did you participate? Are you following the real race? 

mclachlanol

Organizer
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Doesn't look there is a default set for this week. Attached are a couple. Feel free to modify or add your own  ;)

Attachments

• CanadaHDF.sto
    1.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Canada.sto
    1.2 KB · Views: 6

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Pre-Race Interview :

1- We come to Canada for our grand finale at Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve! With lots of speed and several braking zones, where do you think is the prime passing opportunity here? 

Anywhere and everywhere!

2- How has your overall experience been this season? Will you miss the radical, or good riddance and bring on a fresh start with a fresh car? 

I am looking forward to the F3. The Radical has been fun, and I have enjoyed racing it. It was a challenge at first, but I feel that this season I have come to terms with it and have pumped out my more consistent season yet. 

3-  The iRacing Indy 500 was this weekend, along with qualifying for the real deal. Did you participate? Are you following the real race? 

Nah - I have enough pretend racecars in my life...

TheGreatC81

Premium Member
Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
1- I think a lot of passes will come at the hairpin, or on the straight after it. But I think most overtakes will be due to spins, or people letting off to catch a spin. I practiced for a while yesterday and wow, the Radical does not like this track. I'm predicting a bit of a shitshow Thursday night.

2- After joining late and missing a few races, I never really settled in. The Radical was a challenge at times, but rewarding too, so it was fun. I'm looking forward to the F3. It's very user-friendly to drive, even if the setup page is a bit overwhelming. With so much grip, it begs to be thrown into corners faster than survival instinct wants to allow. Even when pushed too far, it's not that difficult to correct. If drivers aren't worried about ending their race with the slightest misstep, I think we'll see a lot more intense battles next season.

3- I keep telling myself to check out more Indy racing, but I never get around to it. I'm not big on oval racing, so I'd probably just watch the road courses anyway.

mclachlanol

Organizer
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
1. I really like this track, you have to be really precise to get a fast time. If you make a mistake likely you will be in the wall. Passing is tough and dangerous here. Like David said most passing is going to be due to attrition.

2. It was a good season, some ups and downs but that is normal. I'll miss the Radical, it was a fun tough challenge but I'm definitely ready for something new.

3. Didn't drive in it this year, too much other stuff going on. Probably going to miss the real race too.

DeamingPie

Premium Member
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID

There's multiple but it will be tricking. Unlike a GTE or GT3 car, there is not a lot of time spent on the brakes, so passing will more than likely happen with a better drive onto one of the straights. On a side note, I would rather race Imola than here, this track is boring as can be.

I am very much disappointed with myself this season. Too many mistake took me out of what could have been a very exciting season finale. I really like the radical and will miss it. It has a nice combination of corner speed and seat of the pants driving that I like.

3- The iRacing Indy 500 was this weekend, along with qualifying for the real deal. Did you participate? Are you following the real race?
No one wants me near an oval, no one...

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
Pre-Race Interview :

I won't be passing anyone here so I think it's pretty irrelevant.  If you're looking to pass me I wish you the best of luck, but I'd think the braking zone at the end of the straights would be a pretty safe bet.

I had a pretty weak first half of the season.  I've pulled together a decent second half, but this hasn't been my favorite season so far.  I'll miss practicing in the Radical.  I feel like I've learned a lot from driving the car, but I won't miss trying to race wheel to wheel in this thing.  In that respect it's  been pretty miserable.  But I'm really looking forward to the F3, it's much more my style.

3-  The iRacing Indy 500 was this weekend, along with qualifying for the real deal. Did you participate? Are you following the real race?

No, I didn't give it a go.  I'm trying to follow the real race as much as I can, but we cut cable this past year so I'll mostly be depending on the race recaps on youtube.

DeamingPie

Premium Member
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
This
Track
Sucks

How bad does it suck? It sucks so bad I would rather race Imola. There is something unnatural about pointing the nose of the car at a wall and accelerating. Think about it. You'll do it 5 times a lap here...

Gunner

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
DeamingPie said:
This
Track
Sucks

How bad does it suck?  It sucks so bad I would rather race Imola.  There is something unnatural about pointing the nose of the car at a wall and accelerating.  Think about it.  You'll do it 5 times a lap here...

I don't hate the track. Mostly because a long, long time ago I actually beat Owen and won a race here  :lol:

DeamingPie

Premium Member
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
Gunner said:
DeamingPie said:
This
Track
Sucks

How bad does it suck?  It sucks so bad I would rather race Imola.  There is something unnatural about pointing the nose of the car at a wall and accelerating.  Think about it.  You'll do it 5 times a lap here...

I don't hate the track. Mostly because a long, long time ago I actually beat Owen and won a race here  :lol:

I think my animosity for tracks like this is every corner is a slow speed corner.  It's a drag race and it flows about as well as Micheal J Fox pouring a glass of milk...that may be a little overboard...

Mark Phile

Premium Member
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1- We come to Canada for our grand finale at Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve! With lots of speed and several braking zones, where do you think is the prime passing opportunity here? 

This is my first start here, just bought track. I like it, and ive been able to have some good laps. Passing will be the drag race out of a corner and hopefully completing the move safely in brake zone.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]

A)Well my second Radical season is 100% opposite of my first. Last season i had an amazing year with luck and consistency finishing p3. This year i hit everything, spun way to much, accidents found me or I couldn’t avoid trying to drive through some. I didn’t have much time for practice as well and it shows![/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]B)I will miss the Radical, i enjoy the near death experience it provides, its a true driver! Next the F3 doesn’t get me excited, im not good in a car that is momentum based, but i have a good teammate that will push me and get me up to speed i think.
3-  The iRacing Indy 500 was this weekend, along with qualifying for the real deal. Did you participate? Are you following the real race? [/font]

I didn’t, and if im turning left all night I want fenders  :mrgreen:

Mark Phile

Premium Member
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
So during practice last night I realized that my rear camber was maxed out for some reason????? This now explains why my car was absolutely junk come the end of the race, and i e been working off this tune for weeks :lol: . I sure hope that I found my spin problems here on the last week and can get me a strong finish?

PS- if i spin, this was not the answer  :(

mclachlanol

Organizer
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Gunner said:
DeamingPie said:
This
Track
Sucks

Haha Pro Mazda days! I remember that race!

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
I love this group!!!

1. Let me learn you how to pass. Hell I will pass you on out in and exit. Last race and no points opportunities for me so I will be respectful but if I see a 1/4 car width I’m going for it!

2. Well starting the season on a nap pretty much sums it up. Pair that with internet issues and there is my season! I will miss the radical but am ready for the f3. Good stepping stone for IndyCar

3. No cuz I am so into the real thing I spend all the time I can at IMS.

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
apologies for late notice, I will miss tonights race stuck at work doing a last minute inventory.

dan

mulch

Name
Joe Walker
iRacing ID
I got stuck at work longer than I needed to as well I'm trying to get home I think I'm going to miss by just a few minutes, we'll see Good luck to all