Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 10: Charlotte Motor Speedway - Roval (August 24)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Charlotte Motor Speedway - Roval.png

Race Time of day: 2021-08-21 15:00 1x
Race Length: 40 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 10x, DSQ at 15x
Max Fuel: 50%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Last edited:

brettclutch

Name
Brett Barrett
iRacing ID
This track is going to be insane. I anticipate fireworks both during and after the race.

Question I think I know the answer too but I wanted to ask so that everyone is in complete clarity. I've identified that going below the white/blue line on the OVAL sections of the track and just driving on the apron during the OVAL sections of the track sections gains time in the GT3 class (likely at a cost to the tires but it's still faster by a bit). I think it might be a possible pass opportunity, etc. Is going below the white/blue apron line allowed?

Thank You.

millenix

Organizer
LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
JR Williams
iRacing ID
This track is going to be insane. I anticipate fireworks both during and after the race.

Question I think I know the answer too but I wanted to ask so that everyone is in complete clarity. I've identified that going below the white/blue line on the OVAL sections of the track and just driving on the apron during the OVAL sections of the track sections gains time in the GT3 class (likely at a cost to the tires but it's still faster by a bit). I think it might be a possible pass opportunity, etc. Is going below the white/blue apron line allowed?

Thank You.
No, this is against the sporting code and not allowed. The only area that is a legal cut is the red striped area exiting the bus stop on the back stretch. On the Oval portion of the track you must remain above the white line.

teddywoods72

Premium Member
LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Ted Loewendick
iRacing ID
HosTed session is scheduled to launch, Sunday @ 7PM ET.
Length: 5 Hours.
Starting State: 50% Usage
Static Conditions.

La sesión está programada para iniciarse el domingo a las 7 p.m. ET.
Duración: 5 horas.
Estado inicial de la pista: 50% de uso
Condiciones estáticas.

1629599569873.png

b_glover93

Premium Member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Baron Glover
iRacing ID
Porsche really feels like garbage here. I tried all the other GT3 and they all feel quite a bit nicer and safer to drive here.
Even in the top splits very few Porsches finishing in the top 10 if they are even chosen at all. I really wanted to chose the Porsche this season but there were just too many tracks on the schedule where I knew I would struggle with it.

DespicableBeast

Premium Member
Name
Quoc Ninh
iRacing ID
The engine in the Porche is going to rip out from the back with all the camber and elevation turns. If I get t-bone, then the Porche deserves it. I won’t even protest it.

Charlotte and Porche is like combining two completely different POS systems. Like… oil and water.

b_glover93

Premium Member
Name
Baron Glover
iRacing ID
I can m
Anybody interested in a hosted practice tonight? I can host one from 7 to 10PM EST. But don't want to be alone on the track ;)
I can make it for a while around 7 but not many usually show up for the open practices so no biggie if you decide not to.

b_glover93

Premium Member
Name
Baron Glover
iRacing ID
View attachment 1510
Just so I'm not talking out my rear, this is clarification from Nim himself.
In past leagues we had to have the two right wheels across the apron line by the end of the red,white,blue painted area coming out of the first chicane and all 4 wheels across the apron line before reaching that white stripe that runs across the track. That allowed for some side by side exiting the chicane. But drivers who did exit the chicane side by side were also penalized if they didn't give the car on the left room to get up off the apron.

Jason E Larsen

Premium Member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Jason E Larsen
iRacing ID
I was out of town, and unable to practice for this race. I will bow out, to prevent any issues.