Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 10: Barber Motorsports Park - Full Course (Jun 3)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Barber.png

Race Time of day: 2021-06-05 08:55 1x
Race Length: 36 laps
Max Incidents: Drive through at 11x, DSQ at 20x
Max Fuel: 65%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Last edited:

mclachlanol

Organizer
Full Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Alright guys last one of the season. Apologies for ditching last week, I had to leave last minute to take care of my dad, looks like we had another great race at the front. Unfortunately I'm also missing this week as well, going to be out camping in the mountains. Congrats to Mr. Holland on another championship, I believe this is championship number 5 for him, and congrats to Delta Sport U4K for winning the team championship. On the AM side Dave Peterson is looking for his second AM title with a 20 point lead over Nick Horvath, good luck to both of you guys.

We are moving to a split series next season with two new cars so it should be a lot of fun, but it also means I probably won't see many of you guys regularly. Thanks to everyone for making it a great season, it's definitely been a pleasure running with everyone. If I don't see you guys in the league next season hopefully I'll see you somewhere in the iracing world.

Take care and good luck this Thursday guys!

Threefiver

Premium Member
Full Name
Dave Peterson
iRacing ID
Actually, this would be my first championship here if I am able to hold Nick off Thursday which will be no small task as he is usually quite fast. I'm just hoping to not get caught up in any messes or poor decisions and also hope everyone respects the fact that he and I are battling for a championship.

I lost to you in 2020/S4 by 2 points. I had a decent lead I think going into Round 9 but my power went out during Qualifying and I was unable to get back in for the race. It was a helluva fight in the end as it came down to Watkins Glen and there was no calculating of points that needed to be done....whichever of us finished ahead of the other was going to be the champ and that was you. I think I mounted a charge late in the race but you were tucked in with someone and getting a draft and I watch you slowly eek away on every straightaway.

dkranes

Premium Member
Full Name
DANIEL KRANEFUSS
iRacing ID
Man, tough pill to swallow. Tore my left MCL two weeks ago, had to learn right foot braking this week, juggled work commitments to free up my Thursday evening, then somehow managed to qualify in the top 10 just to have it end on lap 1. Actually not even lap 1, never made it to the green flag. :( It wasn't just you who spun Frank, driver in front of me spun on his own and took out a bunch of people as well.

• Sad
Reactions: TRG

kart7990

Premium Member
Full Name
David Holland
iRacing ID
Apologies to everyone. No excuses, I just lost it. Terrible way to finish the season and easily my worst performance I can remember. I would have happily traded trashing my own car for all the mayhem I caused.

Shawn Duhamel

Premium Member
Full Name
Shawn Duhamel
iRacing ID
We all make mistakes and have bad races. David, nice to see that you are human after all! I got lucky and was able to avoid the mayhem. However, I damaged my car on the bump leaving the pits and it killed the 2nd half of my race.

I had a really good time racing and practicing with you guys this season. It was cool to have the same core group of drivers in the practice sessions week after week.

Joey, great racing with you tonight. My tires started to drop off after you slipped by. That was a lot of fun while it lasted.

Threefiver

Premium Member
Full Name
Dave Peterson
iRacing ID
Hated the way that went down Nick but good season. Looking forward to the next season and battling with you guys.

And as I said in the interview last night, thanks to you PRL guys for a great league. I'm sure there is a ton of work behind the scenes to keep this running smoothly and herd all of us cats properly.

Also thanks to GSRC. These broadcasts really meant a lot to my dad and he would usually call me after the race if you all had shown or mentioned me. I hate that he wasn't here to see me win the championship.

Last edited:

JHaynes92

Premium Member
Full Name
Joey Haynes
iRacing ID
We all make mistakes and have bad races. David, nice to see that you are human after all! I got lucky and was able to avoid the mayhem. However, I damaged my car on the bump leaving the pits and it killed the 2nd half of my race.

I had a really good time racing and practicing with you guys this season. It was cool to have the same core group of drivers in the practice sessions week after week.

Joey, great racing with you tonight. My tires started to drop off after you slipped by. That was a lot of fun while it lasted.
Great racing with you Shawn! I wondered what had happened to you after your pitstop as I thought for a bit you might be able to undercut me.

Congrats Threefiver on the Championship! Great racing with you all season!

Also wanted to apologize to Alessandro de Tullio for my mistake at the end of qualifying

Rcnick

Premium Member
Full Name
Nicholas Colander
iRacing ID
Hated the way that went down Nick but good season. Looking forward to the next season and battling with you guys.

And as I said in the interview last night, thanks to you PRL guys for a great league. I'm sure there is a ton of work behind the scenes to keep this running smoothly and herd all of us cats properly.

Also thanks to GSRC. These broadcasts really meant a lot to my dad and he would usually call me after the race if you all had shown or mentioned me. I hate that he wasn't here to see me win the championship.
really nice work Dave. Proud of you brother.

nickhorvath

Premium Member
Full Name
Nick Horvath
iRacing ID

Congrats Dave, you were fantastic all season, on top of maddeningly consistent. You absolutely deserved the championship.

Last night was absolutely gutting, I knew I had very little chance of getting it, but to go out like that without much of a fight hurts.

Oh well, what can you do? Just gotta come back stronger next season.

Threefiver

Premium Member
Full Name
Dave Peterson
iRacing ID
Thanks Nick, I really appreciate the kind words. Truth be told I was pretty sure you were going to be faster than me so I was just going to try and keep you in sight and not wreck and then the opening lap fiasco happened. 2 seasons ago I was leading the championship by a small margin over Owen and in Round 9 at Interlagos when the power in my neighborhood went out during qualifying and didn't come back on till later in the race...it was better for me though because I at least still had a chance in Round 10. There was a slight sense of relief once I made it through the crash and I had seen you wreck, but there was more a feeling of disappointment even though I knew it still wasn't over. I had no idea your level of damage but I knew I had to finish the race.

I think next season will produce some good battles amongst a bunch of us and I am looking forward to it. I am not usually one of the super fast cars so I just try to be consistent....lol.

crich88848

Premium Member
Full Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID
Congrats on the win Dave. What a shitty season overall for me. Had to miss a lot of races due to work and just couldn't keep myself out of trouble. Consistently qualified towards to front of the AM field, but doesn't matter if you can't finish a race. Hopefully next season yields better results.

Tyler, get your wallet ready.

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
I somehow managed to end the season P8 in AM through consistently safe (albeit stupid slow) driving. This is probably my best finish I’ve ever had with PRL. I’d like to thank all the blue flag marshals for their hard work week after week. I’m sure i gave them all a good flag waving arm work out. Also big thanks to you fast boys for not wrecking me out of any races. I know the talent gap wasn’t easy to deal with. I know at times some of you may have been frustrated with us backmarkers. It was an extra challenge that you may not have thought was necessary, but kudos to those who survived the gauntlet!

I won’t miss being on the track with you Aliens next season, but i look forward to the new format that allows us AMs to cheer on the PROs (and vice versa) without any on track hard feelings.

thepeach

Premium Member
Full Name
James Daugherty
iRacing ID
I somehow managed to end the season P8 in AM through consistently safe (albeit stupid slow) driving. This is probably my best finish I’ve ever had with PRL. I’d like to thank all the blue flag marshals for their hard work week after week. I’m sure i gave them all a good flag waving arm work out. Also big thanks to you fast boys for not wrecking me out of any races. I know the talent gap wasn’t easy to deal with. I know at times some of you may have been frustrated with us backmarkers. It was an extra challenge that you may not have thought was necessary, but kudos to those who survived the gauntlet!

I won’t miss being on the track with you Aliens next season, but i look forward to the new format that allows us AMs to cheer on the PROs (and vice versa) without any on track hard feelings.

I had a great time battling you David! You'll get there :)

Threefiver

Premium Member
Full Name
Dave Peterson
iRacing ID
Congrats on the win Dave. What a shitty season overall for me. Had to miss a lot of races due to work and just couldn't keep myself out of trouble. Consistently qualified towards to front of the AM field, but doesn't matter if you can't finish a race. Hopefully next season yields better results.

Tyler, get your wallet ready.
Thanks Christopher. Just noted that you are only a couple of hours from me.....small world.

bonaduce

Premium Member
Full Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Some good racing there boys. Congrats to the division champs. Was watching on my phone the last 2 weeks. As for my absence, mamma surprised me with 2 weeks in Maine for our 20th anniversary, I don't deserve her. This is the view I had every morning. See u on the track.

Attachments

• 20210607_050426.jpg
    20210607_050426.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 4
  • 20210607_050420.jpg
    20210607_050420.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 4