Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 10: Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Grand Prix (Mar 2)

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
MonzaGP.png

Race Time of day: 2021-02-27 12:00 1x
Race Length: 60 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 13x, DSQ at 18x
Max Fuel: 100% for LMP2, 75% for GTE
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

teddywoods72

Premium Member
Name
Ted Loewendick
iRacing ID
HosTed session is scheduled to launch, Monday @ 7PM ET.
Length: 5 Hours.
Starting State: 50% Usage
Static Conditions.

La sesión está programada para iniciarse el lunes a las 7 p.m. ET.
Duración: 5 horas.
Estado inicial de la pista: 50% de uso
Condiciones estáticas.
R10 Woot!.png

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Drop week is not available for final round correct? Will drop points be updated in the standings prior to the race tomorrow?
Exact, last round can't be dropped.

Drop week is automatically counted since Round 5.

brettclutch

Name
Brett Barrett
iRacing ID
Congratulations to the winners!!! Really enjoyed the last race of the season getting a chance to fight with Jerome and some good racing near the back of the pack. Thanks for the organizers for putting together a good group. I'll be moving over to the Indy Pro 2000 series since I will likely be more competitive there. I don't have the alien pace you guys have yet but it's been fun to attempt to keep up and level up my driving skills. Enjoy everyone!

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Congratulations to the winners!!! Really enjoyed the last race of the season getting a chance to fight with Jerome and some good racing near the back of the pack. Thanks for the organizers for putting together a good group. I'll be moving over to the Indy Pro 2000 series since I will likely be more competitive there. I don't have the alien pace you guys have yet but it's been fun to attempt to keep up and level up my driving skills. Enjoy everyone!
Nooooo!!! I need someone to fight win next season!!!!

StevoHad50

Name
Stephen Asch
iRacing ID
Man that was certainly something for a finale. Coming into Monza I always new it was going to be tough to seal the deal even with a decent points advantage and boy I was right. Nervs were definitely high on lap 1 and it showed when I completely botched the second chicane... Let Boris get next to me in Lesmo 1 and we had some unfortunate contact. A lot of understeer on lap 1 tires so I dont really place any blame but it gave me some top speed damage on the straight so it definitely made the rest of the race nervy.

Awesome season overall and was super fun to race close with some of you guys. To Michael and Uthman I havnt really seen a championship be this close until the very end so I thank you for that. I wont be coming back for next season as im going to focus on officials some more. Trying to get into GT3 as ive really been enjoying it lately. For anyone returning I bid you good luck in the next season, im sure ill be back in PRL at some point in the future.

westracing01

Name
Michael Ross
iRacing ID
Congratulations to Rafael! Finally breaking that winless drought. Little known fact, that the second time this week he's beat me. :cry:

Feel like I had this thing but I shot myself in the foot TWICE with slowdowns at the second chicane. I knew coming in I had to set on pole, win, set fastest lap and have 3 or less incidents to have a chance... Managed only one of those. I knew I needed clean air. The car was damn near flawless when the fool behind the wheel drove it right, but it could NOT be in dirty air. My advantage was the second chicane and Lesmos 1 and 2. When Rafael got by, the Lesmos advantage evaporated in his exhaust and we were so evenly matched down the straights that I just couldn't pull up to him. I had a couple of shot but it would've been a tremendous risk and I wasn't about to chance wrecking Rafael out of his first win when I saw Stephen in position to clinch.

Bring back the trophy, or bring the car back in a bucket... Or know when you're beat and don't do something stupid... I chose the last one... Though I did fire it in Parabolica about as hard as I possibly could on the last lap. :rolleyes:

Congratulations Stephen! 10 straight top 5's, 4 wins... Now that's a Championship season my friend! :cool:

Mistakes aside, this is easily the best I've driven. Car was fast everywhere but Daytona and to put it on pole at Monza, a place this car shouldn't have been that good, was amazing. I threw everything I had at it. Probably too much as I risked those off tracks when I didn't need to.

Super happy to see Rafael win. Prophetic since I was sad that it looked like he wouldn't be able to race, then winds up being the one to beat me. Haha.

2 wins, 4 poles, 9 top 10's... Can't complain about that.

Sadly, I will be taking at least the next few seasons off as we roll into real life racing season and I have a Big Block Modified to spin wrenches on (stooge on the crew, I don't drive.)

I want to thank PRL, GSRC and all of my competitors for a fun, difficult, nerve racking season of racing. This was, I think, the most evenly matched field we've had in my 3 seasons racing. There were at least 5 guys who could win any week it seemed and we had new faces on the podium quite often.

Fmontini

Name
Francisco Montini
iRacing ID
Hello everyone! Just congratulate everyone and especially the champions.
It has been a long time since I participated in a PRL tournament and luckily he is still one of the best, congratulations to the organization.
For my part, it was a good tournament, far from the top but always fighting for the top 5. Yesterday I had a very loaded car, it seems because cars passed me very easily on the straight. I had the wing in 2, the other porsches how much wing did they have?

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Hello everyone! Just congratulate everyone and especially the champions.
It has been a long time since I participated in a PRL tournament and luckily he is still one of the best, congratulations to the organization.
For my part, it was a good tournament, far from the top but always fighting for the top 5. Yesterday I had a very loaded car, it seems because cars passed me very easily on the straight. I had the wing in 2, the other porsches how much wing did they have?
I was using VRS safe setup. But I had a little love tap with Brett and after that incident, I had no top speed, so I'm not a reference hahaha

rrusso

Premium Member
Name
Rafael Russo
iRacing ID
Well what a way to finish the season!

Very fun race at Monza. Nice and clean battles with Uthman and a long one with Ross

Due to my wife's birthday i was able to join the session only at the beginning of the qualy, but thanks to my teammates, i would be able to practice with them all week long so i was very confident that could put a good pace in qualy and race.

Starting P3 tried to stay as close as possible from Uthman - wich are flying on the straights - and save some fuel. After hes mistake, tried to reduce Ross advantage...and looks like he took a slow down before pits, wich close the gap to 2s

Thanks to all the week practice i finally put the right amount of fuel and could close the gap to 1s after pits, and right after Ross took another slow down i overtaked him.

The final laps were of full focus, trying not to commit any mistake and avoid Ross attacks

Really happy for my first win of PRL and looking forward for the next season. Unfortunatelly some of the guys wont be there, but there almost 20 GTE's right now so im expecting another great season.

See u guys