Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• RaceSpot broadcast information & paints

Hi Guest,

We recently updated the Broadcast information page under league information with the announcement of our new partnership with RaceSpot.

Note that RaceSpot is not using Trading Paints on their broadcast and all members will need to update their paints on RaceSpot.media.

Please consult the Broadcast information page for more details and procedures.

Round 10: Austria - Red Bull Ring (05Jun19 @ 9pm EDT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Austria.png

Last Season's Results: 

Zephyr

Premium Member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S3
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Ryan Kings
iRacing ID
Wont be able to do this one as Im on vacation. I will be back for Silverstone tho

Zephyr

Premium Member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S3
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Ryan Kings
iRacing ID
Zephyr said:
Wont be able to do this one as Im on vacation. I will be back for Silverstone tho

Good news is, I can now make this race. Bad news is, its because I have a 15 hour delayed flight :(

KaYoS

Name
Congrats on your first podium Lucky!

I caught the whole race on video, with many of its gratuitous early incidents. I have put timestamp annotations on the Youtube video, reproduced here for entertainment purposes:

[youtube]IK0sEkgznC8[/youtube]

0:34 Race start. 9th place.
0:45 L'Acadien takes off the corner of my wing. NAUGHTY WORD ensues. 9th-10th.
0:51 Zephyr and Bobino are hugging. 10th-8th.
0:56 Guigui is kissing a wall sideways. 8th-7th.
1:37 L'Acadien and Luckymoose go wide. 7th-5th.
1:48 Lyne Martel goes off-roading. 5th-4th.
3:05 Pat Lessard gets a kick of oversteer and pulls off some acrobatics. 4th-3rd.
3:30 KaYoS has a moment of realization that he has made up 7 places in a minute. NAUGHTY WORD ensues.
5:00 A kick of wheelspin out of turn one, and Lucky slips past. My rejoin is questionable. 3rd-4th.
5:30 A lockup and a wide corner, and Lyne Martel squeezes past. 4th-5th.
5:48 Distortion goes off. This will be important later.
5:55 Distortion rejoins questionably. I take evasive action and Bobino threads his way through. NAUGHTY WORD ensues. 5th-4th-5th.
6:16 NAUGHTY WORD is apologised for.
6:38 Lyne Martel catches wheelspin and is facing backwards without a wing. 5th-4th.
7:30 I take too much speed into the final corner and again into turn one. Guigui takes position. 4th-5th.
9:08 First duel with Distortion begins.
11:43 Lock up, Lyne Martel behind crashes into retirement.
11:58 Love tap from Distortion.
12:40 Second love tap from Distortion. Distortion goes up the inside and wide, but holds his gain. 5th-6th.
13:34 Distortion overshoots, I get past. First duel is done. 6th-5th.
15:50 Jump 2 positions due to pit stops, Luckymoose emerges ahead but runs wide. 3rd-2nd.
16:35 I go wide, Luckymose and Guigui take the inside. 2nd-4th.
17:12 Pit stop. I realize at the last second that my requested ultra-softs will not take me to the end of the race, but can't swap to supers in time. 4th-5th.
17:35 I emerge behind Pat Lessard and Distortion. 5th-7th.
19:56 Pat Lessard has a hairy corner, I slip past. 7th-6th.
20:52 Second duel with Distortion begins.
21:08 I cut a corner in my fight with Distortion, and get a later-critical 3 second time penalty.
21:21 L'Acadien crashes out, I have another close scrape with Distortion. My pedals slip at this point making the next lap very hairy.
22:00 I check to confirm that my pedals have, indeed, slipped.
22:12 Emergency self pit-stop.
24:19 Energy is saved for an attack. The battle resumes.
24:53 "Rain in 10 minutes" -Forecaster Jeff. This may allow me to get away with only one stint on ultras.
25:35 Distortion plants it on the apex, I can't get by.
25:42 Distortion gets poor traction out of the final corner, I get him on the straight and close the door in turn one. Second duel is finished. 6th-5th.
30:14 After several laps I have not managed to gap Distortion and Pat Lessard. Darklol is approaching to lap us, and I don't want to lose time. My ultras won't make it to the rain, so I opt to pit now. 5th-7th.
33:15 "We're expecting rain in around 10 to 15 minutes." -Definitely Reliable Forecaster Jeff who definitely didn't say I should have expected rain by around now.
36:39 Pat Lessard pits for his final set of ultra-softs and falls behind me. 7th-6th.
40:30 "We're expecting some rain soon." -Weatherman Jeff
42:48 The back kicks out and Pat Lessard has now caught up with me.
43:14 "Be careful, we think you're going to start losing some tyre grip around now." GOOD TO KNOW.
43:50 Go wide, Pat Lessard gets past on the final lap. 6th-7th.
44:46 I cross the line just over 2 seconds behind Pat, but because of my time penalty we remain in our positions. P7 finish.

Bobino12

Name
Nice recap. Just additionnal information for time 0:51 :

0:51 Zephyr and Bobino are hugging.

The right sentence should be :

0:51 Zephyr in an optimistic attempt to pass Bobino at his left, where there was no space except on the grass, touched the back of Bobino's car and sent him dancing gently into the left wall where he broke a part of his front wing. Race ruined at the start for Bobino when he found himself at the back after only one corner into the race. 

Luckymoose

Name
You almost caught me at the end there. You had great pace, and I simply benefited from you and Guigui having issues early on. My tyres were gone at the end, and I had nothing left to push on the last three or so laps, and even when they were fresh I was still half a second slower than your pace on most laps. My only real setback during the race was at the start when I had to go wide into T1 and got an illegal overtake on Lyne, which had me lifting on a straight. But other than that, just keeping on the circuit and dodging several close calls with spun out cars saved my bacon. It feels good after my disastrous race at Suzuka though.

Bobino12

Name
That was fun racing trying to catch you for the second part of the race. Too bad I got my penalty on the last corner of the last lap, to give Guigui the 3rd place on a golden plate. That's racing…! My tyres were worn at 73% at the end since I got them on lap 10th.

Zephyr

Premium Member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S3
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Ryan Kings
iRacing ID
Bobino12 said:
Nice recap. Just additionnal information for time 0:51 :

0:51 Zephyr and Bobino are hugging.

The right sentence should be :

0:51 Zephyr in an optimistic attempt to pass Bobino at his left, where there was no space except on the grass, touched the back of Bobino's car and sent him dancing gently into the left wall where he broke a part of his front wing. Race ruined at the start for Bobino when he found himself at the back after only one corner into the race. 

i wasnt even trying to make a move on you there. You were nowhere off the line was i had to go hard left to avoid a collision then i still didnt even try to make a pass. Contact was only made when started to go left back to the racing line when I already had overlap