Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• RaceSpot broadcast information & paints

Hi Guest,

We recently updated the Broadcast information page under league information with the announcement of our new partnership with RaceSpot.

Note that RaceSpot is not using Trading Paints on their broadcast and all members will need to update their paints on RaceSpot.media.

Please consult the Broadcast information page for more details and procedures.

Round 1: Watkins Glen International - Classic (Sep. 16th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
GT4 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Watkins Glen International - Classic.png

Time of day at session start: Sunrise
Practice: 2019-05-15 5:47 am
Qualifying: 2019-05-15 8:47 am
Race: 2019-05-15 9:02 am
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: 24
Max Fuel: 55%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 1

Pre-race interviews

1) Welcome to the Cadillac Global Challenge series! Have you had much time to practice the Caddy, or are ya shooting from the hip and sending it on race night?

2)Watkins Glen is a very popular track, and it hosts a few different layouts. Is the Classic one that you like, or is there another layout you prefer and why?

3)Which of these has the chance to happen first on Monday night? Please feel free to comment on a,b, & c  :lol:
 a-Paul is allowed to speak?
 b-Kenny finishes a race?
 c-Glitter Pants drives sober?

Mark Phile

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
Pre-race interviews are up!!!

1) Welcome to the Cadillac Global Challenge series! Have you had much time to practice the Caddy, or are ya shooting from the hip and sending it on race night?

I've done the practice race, and got a few laps in here and there. 

2)Watkins Glen is a very popular track, and it hosts a few different layouts. Is the Classic one that you like, or is there another layout you prefer and why?

I like the Glen, and enjoy all the layouts  :D 

3)Which of these has the chance to happen first on Monday night? Please feel free to comment on a,b, & c  
b-Kenny finishes a race?

I'm voting for A, Paul will sneak into his wife's purse and retrieve his manhood again  :lol:

Gary Schilling

Premium Member
Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID

Waiting on a new motherboard to show up. Not sure how much time I'll have to practice.
Much will depend on Tuesday's having 1 or 2 divisions.

Prefer Boot. Classic is too short.

3)Which of these has the chance to happen first on Monday night? Please feel free to comment on a,b, & c :lol:

b-Kenny finishes a race? Well, there is 1 fast repair :)

crich88848

Premium Member
Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID

Must destroy Mark.

Must destroy Mark.

3)Which of these has the chance to happen first on Monday night? Please feel free to comment on a,b, & c :lol:
b-Kenny finishes a race?

Must destroy Mark.

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1) Welcome to the Cadillac Global Challenge series! Have you had much time to practice the Caddy, or are ya shooting from the hip and sending it on race night?[/font]
I'm gonna try to be like Paul with his new motto "I will pass you on the grass, so I can shove this car up your ass"

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2)Watkins Glen is a very popular track, and it hosts a few different layouts. Is the Classic one that you like, or is there another layout you prefer and why?[/font]

I like the one with corners. This one is like a drunk NASCAR track...

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3)Which of these has the chance to happen first on Monday night? Please feel free to comment on a,b, & c  [/font][img=15x17]http://precisionracingleague.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif[/img]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] a-Paul is allowed to speak? [/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] b-Kenny finishes a race?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] c-Glitter Pants drives sober?[/font]
A. Very low. Who knows where she will hide his balls next week.
B. Unknown. Round 1 of a new series is always a crapshoot, even for Kenny. If he leaves his dickhead magnet in the pits, he just might finish lap 1.
C. Hath Hell frozen over? I doubt it, as I sense the temperature approaching 'chaud'...

DeamingPie

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID

Due to my schedule, all of my practice will most likely come during the race day practice session.

I neither like or hate the Glenn, even though I've always had decent results here.

b-Kenny finishes a race?

Kenny will finish a race first. No way Paul can locate his dude berries this season and Jefferson doesn't understand the meaning of sober driving.

Mark Phile

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
crich88848 said:

Must destroy Mark.

Must destroy Mark.

3)Which of these has the chance to happen first on Monday night? Please feel free to comment on a,b, & c  :lol:
b-Kenny finishes a race?

Must destroy Mark.

Im sensing a pattern here?

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1) Welcome to the Cadillac Global Challenge series! Have you had much time to practice the Caddy, or are ya shooting from the hip and sending it on race night?[/font]
Prob will do a mix between. At the moment I haven’t really done much driving of this car other than one fun session at mid o years ago, that Bathurst fun run we did one night and the race Monday.

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2)Watkins Glen is a very popular track, and it hosts a few different layouts. Is the Classic one that you like, or is there another layout you prefer and why?[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I like the normal boot layout they run currently the most.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3)Which of these has the chance to happen first on Monday night? Please feel free to comment on a,b, & c  [/font][img=15x17]http://precisionracingleague.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif[/img][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] [/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] a-Paul is allowed to speak?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] b-Kenny finishes a race?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] c-Glitter Pants drives sober?[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]B for sure. A will never happen as long as he has young children and is under whip and chain, c will never happen cuz gp has now officially replaced all his blood with vodka. Prob would have a better chance at mark drinking a Mans drink for once.[/font]

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
Pre-race interviews

I've been driving it a bit here and there, but for the most part I plan on just showing up and seeing how it goes.

I like this layout in this car, but the layout we ran in the F3 is probably my favorite.  The bus stop is ok and all, but taking that right hander is way more fun without it.

3)Which of these has the chance to happen first on Monday night? Please feel free to comment on a,b, & c  :lol:
b-Kenny finishes a race?

Paul has one silent race and you already forget how absurdly loud his mic can be?  Loud Panda is best Panda.

ntketchum1386

Name
1. Practice is starting today!

2.I prefer the boot just because it adds a bit more character and challenge

3. Im new so I have no opinion lol

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
1) Practice? Practice? Who you kidding, I practice all day at work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjDPJZhd27k&t=18s

2) Give me the classic, classic coke, classic cars, "classy" women. Anything with classic in front of it has to be better.

3) New season, new car, but anything is possible. Vegas odds are 3:2 that none of these predictions will happen.

Mark Phile

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
Hey gang,

As we are on the eve of the first race in the Caddy series starting tomorrow night, i just want to give some input as to the what we expect from everyone here in this league.

Respect! This is going to be a huge factor with a large field of 40 drivers we have signed up! If you think someone is aside of you, they probably are, so just assume thats the case. We don't want the dive bombers dropping bombs out there, work on your move and try to complete it as safe as possible. If you accidentally get into someone, say your sorry, give them the spot back if they are mobile yet. 

Chatter! Guys keep the Iracing chat clear except for race talk only, once qualifying has begun, and through the end of race. We have a discord chat we will be using during the race in SRM discord https://discord.gg/NV5jFxh. Feel free to join in if ya like, but be warned nobody is safe there, as there is always a good amount of harassment getting dished out 🤣. If you have a noisy background we will ask you to use push to talk.

Turn 1 lap 1, blah blah blah here we go already i know.... guys seriously, again give each other respect and room out there, its a long race and you will get your chances to make your moves I promise! Let's prove to PRL we have what it takes to be on the big stage, and this doesn't mean you need to be fast, just smart 👍.

Pace lap with rolling start, do not let a huge gap form and then take off to close it up! This will create a huge problem back through the field. Please try to go on the start finish line, or as close as ya can with your spotter yelling at ya 🤣.

Fun factor! Let's have fun guys, it's the most important rule ! See everyone tomorrow night 👍 

TheGreatC81

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
1) I've been doing some sessions here and there, along with the practice race. Going between this and the F3 is a little weird.

2) I like the Boot best. I'm not big on really short tracks, but it does make getting into a rhythm easier, and not as many places to screw it up. I'm confident I'll find a way though.

3) a) Only to tell Mark to go fornicate with himself, but in a much more colorful way.
    b) If he even starts. I'm already hearing rumors of a possible puss-out.
    c) Not unless Brazil suddenly goes dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.