Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 1 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for 2022 Season 1 are currently open for all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Round 1: Watkins Glen GP (July 10)

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2021/S4
NASCAR Truck Series 2021/S4
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2021/S4
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S1
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S1
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S1
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Watkins%20Glen%20International%20-%20Boot.png

Time: 45 mins
In Game Time of Race/Progression: 12:00 / Real Time
Weather: Light Clouds (Summer)

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Truck Series 2021/S4
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S1
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S1
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Pre-Race Interview
1. The Glen is a track most everyone is very familiar with. What is your favorite, and least favorite section?

2. We saw some fuel issues with the PreSeason race. Do you see that happening again or do expect drivers to not be as aggressive?

Doge_With_It_420

Name
1. The Glen is a track most everyone is very familiar with. What is your favorite, and least favorite section?

The bus stop is my favorite section of the track. It’s a fast chicane that you can take in 4th gear depending on the car, but if you take too much kerb or don’t scrub off enough speed you will end up spinning off into a wall. My least favorite section would have to be the pit lane. It’s so damn long!

2. We saw some fuel issues with the PreSeason race. Do you see that happening again or do expect drivers to not be as aggressive?

Watkins Glen isn’t too bad on fuel so you may see drivers trying to run as low of a load as possible and come up short.

XSYSE

Premium Member
Name
Robert Besaw Jr
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. The Glen is a track most everyone is very familiar with. What is your favorite, and least favorite section?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I like turns 5 through 7 pretty easy transitions.  My least favorite are 8 and 9 as they tend to sneak up on me and if I'm pushing I'll lose it here.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2. We saw some fuel issues with the PreSeason race. Do you see that happening again or do expect drivers to not be as aggressive?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I had one of the issues, simple mistake with prepping my use per lap instead of per minute.  Overall I think the issue will be minimum, and more guys will be ready pre-race or be ready to add if needed.[/font]

jajalynx

Name
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Pre-Race Interview[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. The Glen is a track most everyone is very familiar with. What is your favorite, and least favorite section?[/font]
The last two turns are my favorite. I love throwing the car into them and hoping it sticks. On the other hand, not a fan of the chicane. I mess that thing up wayyy too often.

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2. We saw some fuel issues with the PreSeason race. Do you see that happening again or do expect drivers to not be as aggressive?[/font]
I'm sure everyone learned from the fuel issues... But, even Mac has screwed up fuel before, so who knows. It definitely seems that we need to leave a bit more room for error.

doubletuff

Name
Pre-Race Interview
     My least favorite section at the Glen is the Esses turn 2 & 3 because I seem to want to keep my foot in it a little to much.  My favorite part of the track is the Toe and the Boot 7 & 8. I seem to do well in these two corners.

2. We saw some fuel issues with the PreSeason race. Do you see that happening again or do expect drivers to not be as aggressive? I did not have any fuel issues during Preseason race because I double checked my race setup and pit strategy before the race. I will do the same because I have no room for mistakes with the great drivers on the roster I'm competing against.