Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 2 Signups are open !

GT3 Sportscar Series is now full but we still have room in the Tuesday LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series for our sportscar enthusiasts.

For our NASCAR Drivers, we have a few more spots in the Sunday Cup Series and the Wednesday Truck Series is closed.

Our open wheel Indy Pro 2000 series also has a few spots left for Season 2.

Round 1: USA International Speedway (21Sep18)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID

Time of day: Late Afternoon
Race Length: 30 minutes
Max Incidents: 30
Max. fuel: 100%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 1

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
You’ll get one fast repair per race, so if you get wrecked or damaged it will instantly fix itself when you stop in your pit box. Otherwise you’d have to wait around for the repairs. To fully utilize it, it would help to uncheck the “Begin Fueling” box in the fueling section and the “Replace” boxes in the tires section of the black box thing that you can use while you’re in the car.

Although I’m new to ovals....so will we need to add fuel or change tires in this league?

TRG

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
No, you can set your fuel to whatever you choose. This just states that there is no maximum. In some series, a maximum is set to force a pit stop - but that is not the case in this series.

Kyle7

Steph said:
Max fuel 100% ?
Is it mandatory?

It means since there is a fixed setup you will start with a full tank of gas. If you want you can add under caution. 
My league i run on mondays has 1/2 fuel so when we run the cup instead of 18.7 we only have a capacity of 9.4

TRG

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Kyle7 said:
Steph said:
Max fuel 100% ?
Is it mandatory?

It means since there is a fixed setup you will start with a full tank of gas. If you want you can add under caution. 
My league i run on mondays has 1/2 fuel so when we run the cup instead of 18.7 we only have a capacity of 9.4

Not quite -  you can start with 100% if you like but you are not forced to do so. You can set any fuel level for qualifying and race. 100% fuel in the rules just means that you have the option to fill the tank. There are no restrictions in place to force a pitstop.

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
TRG said:
Kyle7 said:
Steph said:
Max fuel 100% ?
Is it mandatory?

Not quite -  you can start with 100% if you like but you are not forced to do so. You can set any fuel level for qualifying and race. 100% fuel in the rules just means that you have the option to fill the tank. There are no restrictions in place to force a pitstop.

I like to set my fuel low to really maximize my pace on the outlap.  I'm running that 5 stop strategy.

Kyle7

CajunGrit said:
TRG said:
Kyle7 said:

I like to set my fuel low to really maximize my pace on the outlap.  I'm running that 5 stop strategy.

I’ll post mine again.

You start the race on a full tank since it’s a fixed setup. so i think that’s 22 gallons.  which means you shouldn’t have to pit for gas. Maybe tires under yellow but NO stops under green will be needed.

Kyle7

TRG said:
Sorry Kyle, I misread your earlier post. You are correct.

No problem lol Don’t wanna have people pitting when they don’t needa and hurting the competition 😂

Kyle7

I’m here to win races and survive lmfao this track has a pace car, usually cautions are about 4-5 laps pending lap traffic. expect 4 lap cautions if everyone is on the lead lap. I know everyone will probably get practice before hand but incase you’ve never been to USA be careful driving in under someone. theres not much banking and it’s extremely easy to clean someone out unintentionally

SharkV

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
Wow. What a start. 2 cautions with 20+ cars. Can’t ask for better racing. Had a blast tonight. Just wrong strategy to take tire from 3rd. Came back 16th. Gain 8, but I had so much fun that I don’t care where I finished.

Can’t wait for Charlotte

Thx everyone