Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 2 Signups are open !

GT3 Sportscar Series is now full but we still have room in the Tuesday LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series for our sportscar enthusiasts.

For our NASCAR Drivers, we have a few more spots in the Sunday Cup Series and the Wednesday Truck Series is closed.

Our open wheel Indy Pro 2000 series also has a few spots left for Season 2.

Round 1: Twin Ring Motegi - East (20 Sep)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
 ​
Sponsored by Sam Blacklock Media

Time of day: Late Afternoon
Race Length: 30 minutes
Max Incidents: 30
Max. fuel: 100%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 1

Pre-Race Interview
1. Another new season is upon us. What are your goals and expectations this season?
2. This season kicks off at Motegi-East. Are you a fan of this layout? Why or why not? 
3. The skippy has seen some changes in how the car handles, with mixed reviews from the community. Which side of the debate are you on?

DeamingPie

Organizer
Full Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
For those interested, I will be hosting a pre-season test tonight 9-10-18 at 7PM EST. Please feel free to jump in and turn some laps.

The rules are simple, if you go faster than me I boot you...or not...maybe.

TRG

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
I don't think I can make it that early, but it will be helpful for others to know how long the session will be up for. Thanks for hosting!!

DeamingPie

Organizer
Full Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
This is going to be a fun race. The draft keeps everyone in check, so just because your practice times are a second slower from the leaders, you will hang with them in the draft. Combine this with re-passing opportunities in each one of the braking zones and there should be some stellar battles ahead.

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
I also just bought this track. I think it was the last road course that I didn't own. So expect unpredictability from me!

Gunner

Organizer
Full Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
mclachlanol said:
Following what Matt started, here are my lap files for 90F (~32C) tt late afternoon.
Blap Files

FYI It took $#$$$# forever to figure out how to add these to the forums  :?

Jeeze Owen, either that is a monster lap, or I will be well off the pace again!  I ran the same weather but could only manage 1:34.6  Lap files here.   I find it tough just to stay in the low 1:35's without making mistakes.

Things I learned:

Turns 3, 4, and 5 make or break your lap.
Turns 8 and 9 are harder than they look
I wasn't carrying near enough apex speed in T10
Owen coats his tires in super-glue before his hot laps.

I did however, make some improvements.  Thanks for sharing!

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Full Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
1. Another new season is upon us. What are your goals and expectations this season?

Goals: 1W and top 3 season points. And team champions
Expectations: 9 DNF's, 8,392 Curse words, Avg qualy of 15th, 2 A$$ rams

2. This season kicks off at Motegi-East. Are you a fan of this layout? Why or why not?

Haven't driven this layout before. Gonna find out wednesday

3. The skippy has seen some changes in how the car handles, with mixed reviews from the community. Which side of the debate are you on?

I like the changes. Should be interesting this season for sure. But this league always has respectful and fun racing to the checkered flag. After the race is a completely different story.

MattMiles44

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]1. Another new season is upon us. What are your goals and expectations this season?[/font]
This is actually my first iRacing league. I'm a pure rookie here, I'm just looking to learn as much as I can and have fun doing so. My aim is top 10 in points and maybe I can get a few podiums this season if I improve as the season progresses. Winning is probably out of the question with drivers like Padovani, McLachlan, Houser, and World Cup drivers like Seitz and Vallarino.

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]2. This season kicks off at Motegi-East. Are you a fan of this layout? Why or why not? [/font]
Never raced here. Literally got a few laps in last night after purchasing the track. I've never driven here on any sim. It's alright, it's not a terribly fun track to hotlap by yourself, so we'll see how the racing is in the SBRS. Seems like it will be a draft-fest which I'm not a huge fan of, but gotta learn how to race draft-tracks.

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]3. The skippy has seen some changes in how the car handles, with mixed reviews from the community. Which side of the debate are you on?[/font]
You know since I'm so very new to the car my input on these "changes" are invalid. I hardly notice any difference. The community's biggest concern is a lack of power, but I don't even notice this since I'm so new to the car. The way I see it, we all have to race the same car, so what difference does it really make? 

DeamingPie

Organizer
Full Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
No idea why I put the Wednesday Motegi practice in the Laguna thread. Derp.

Wednesday 7PM EST I will have a hosted practice session up.

crich88848

Premium Member
Full Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID
Pre-Race Interview
I really just want to stay out of my own way this year and beat Tyler consistently.

Never raced here. Haven't even put in a lap yet.

I'm not liking it. I am realizing how much slower it is now, but I'm finding myself farther off the pace then I used to be.

mclachlanol

Organizer
Full Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
1. I'm going to try and kept it a little cleaner this season. I'm not having too many spins but I get a lot of 1x's. Hopefully I can keep it below 3 for most of the races. Finish-wise, with all the really fast guys here I think a top 5 would be a good race for me. 
2. I've owned the track for awhile but I don't remember ever racing here. I think it's an easy track with just that 1 tricky section. Hopefully I can stay close to the lead pack and hang on to that draft.
3. I'm not sure if I like the changes but the braking is a little easier and the car suits my driving style a little better now so maybe it's a good thing. I'm still unsure though if they are going to change the car back.

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Pre-Race Interview
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The team is unified in achieving one goal, and that is the race to beat Tyler.  Looking forward to being a backmarker, so I’m not feeling much pressure to finish high in the standings this season. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2. This season kicks off at Motegi-East. Are you a fan of this layout? Why or why not? 
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Well i don’t have anything against this track. But it’s new to me, so I’m expecting to be pretty slow here.  It seems to have some long straights and plenty of passing space in the turns. So hopefully we can have some drafting come into play to keep up with the pack.  [/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3. The skippy has seen some changes in how the car handles, with mixed reviews from the community. Which side of the debate are you on?[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Bwoah, isthesameforeveryonesonouseincomplainingaboutitYesit’sdifferent,but it shouldn’t affect the racing. [/font]

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Trying to be present as much as possible! Will do my best to finish Top 10. With the grid we have, if I manage to get Top 5, I will consider it as a win!

Twin Ring is one of my favorite iRacing track. Unfortunately, it's one of the least popular :( I love the flow of the track! I haven't tried the East layout yet, but I'm sure I'll love it!

Can't say as I have not drive the new car yet. Will know more Thursday!

Gunner

Organizer
Full Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Pre-Race Interview[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. Another new season is upon us. What are your goals and expectations this season?[/font]

Well, really hoping to finish top 5 at the end of the year, but that might depend on league attendance, I certainly won't earn that on pure pace! Realistically, any race I finish ahead of Paul is as good as a win :D 

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2. This season kicks off at Motegi-East. Are you a fan of this layout? Why or why not? [/font]

Never races here before, but I don't mind the track at all, should offer some good racing. Will the draft be strong enough for me to keep up to the Crash for Cash team?!? Only time will tell.... 

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3. The skippy has seen some changes in how the car handles, with mixed reviews from the community. Which side of the debate are you on?[/font]

I would say I prefer the old car, but only marginally.  My biggest issue is it seems to have made Owen a second a lap faster than me. I think he is on the Dev team! End of the day whether they "fix" it or not, "Bwoah, itsthesameforeverybody"

Looking forward to the new season with a full grid! I hope some new faces stick around and enjoy the group we have here.