Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 1: Texas Motor Speedway - Afternoon (08 Apr)

bige3dalejr88

Premium Member
Texas%20Motor%20Speedway%20-%20Oval.png

Sponsor this circuit for only $6.95 USD

[circuit_7][/circuit_7]​

Race Length: 130 Laps
Start Type: Rolling Start
Fuel Amount: 100%
Track State: 0% @ start of practice. Reset to 30% for Qualifying, then that is carried over to the race session.
Marble State: Marbles are on
Weather: Dynamic Weather
Time of Day: Afternoon

Pre-Race Interview:

New season starts soon. Who's ready?
1. Did everyone have a good Easter break?
2. Some new faces, and some old faces rejoining. Who are looking forward to racing against the most?
3. What are your thoughts on Stewart-Haas' early domination in the Cup Series? Can all 4 drivers make the Chase? And does having an F1 team on the same campus give them an advantage over the competition?

bige3dalejr88

Premium Member
First Pre-Race Interview of the season is Up. Also, welcome to Season 9. Welcome back to the previous season participants. Welcome back to you returning participants who have are returning from breaks in PRL competition. And congrats to all the drivers who participated in the Race-Your-Way In events. Competition was strong last season, and by the way things look. It just got a whole lot stronger. Its gonna be hard to beat last season's champ Jaymes O'Brien, and his team at Road Trip Racing. But I believe some new alliances' and some returning drivers can give them a run for their money this season. Hope everyone has a good, fun season. Look forward to getting the new faces around. See you on the track.

Just one last note. There will be a mandatory Pre-Race meeting when there is 30 minutes remaining in the practice season on race day. Everyone needs to be on Team Speak, and make sure you enter the lobby with the correct car numbers. Make sure to resort back to the initial sign-up sheet to verify the number you'll be running this season. After the meeting we will spend the remaining time doing pit parties. You don't have to participate, but you will have to give way to the cars leaving pit lane. 

fotors3

Premium Member
Full Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
1. Had an excellent break. I met up with Jaymes and some of our friends in North Carolina. Hung out for a few days there then went with them to Florida. It was a much needed vacation.

2. I'm looking forward to seeing how I can do against the new competition and build upon last season. I don't really know who I'm looking to race against in particular, but it should be fun regardless.

3. As a Harvick fan, I absolutely love the early domination. With 2 of their 4 drivers already in after 6 races, I firmly believe Busch and Almirola can make the chase as well. I'm not sure if they really have an advantage with the F1 program. Possibly learning different tricks with aerodynamics, but again F1 cars are way different than NASCAR cup cars.

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
1. Did everyone have a good Easter break?
Sure! Been at a sugar shack and have eaten too much like every year! I'm enjoying the long weekend!

2. Some new faces, and some old faces rejoining. Who are looking forward to racing against the most?
I don't have a lot of oval experience and it's open setup, so I'll be looking to race with the backmarker! I hope to learn a lot this season :)

3. What are your thoughts on Stewart-Haas' early domination in the Cup Series? Can all 4 drivers make the Chase? And does having an F1 team on the same campus give them an advantage over the competition?
I'm not watching Nascar so I can't say. However, I hope Haas Nascar team will not screwed like they did last week at Melbourne in Formula 1. Both of their cars were running P5 and P6 which was VERY good, and they had air gun problem during pitstop and both cars had to retire because they were about to loose a wheel! Still can't believe what happened!

Jeffery Ford

Premium Member
I need a provisional for week one.  Just my luck.  Shift ends tomorrow at 5pm but told we have a small meeting at 6pm.  Doubtful it will be over and me home at 720. Ridiculous. 

Bummed. 

Kyle7

Hell of a race boys! Other than that spin outta 2 I had a bunch of fun especially riding around the top on the Dale Jr line lol Looking forward to Bristol next week!

ColtonLayne

Premium Member
Full Name
Colton Layne
iRacing ID
Junkyardspecial said:
What a race!

Jaymes I guess I didnt hold the talk button but I meant to tell you what a heck of a run man. You had to fight all day and came back to get 2nd and almost the whole shebang.

On a side note Steven Aguiar if you read this man I am sorry for the contact after you got turned sideways late in the race. We were starting to accelerate out of the corner when it happened and my foot was on the pedal before I could realize what had happened and by that time I had accelerated to much to not hit you.

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Hey guys, please be aware of this topic: http://precisionracingleague.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=1822

Thanks!

fotors3

Premium Member
Full Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
Not a terrible race. Hell of a finsh though. I just saw some people not giving enough and trying to take too much. Perhaps it's the first race and everyone's getting a feel for it all but I just saw some questionable moves. Regardless, I'm glad we had such a decent car count and a near photo finish. On to Bristol!

KingCobra

I just wanted to say that you guys really put on a great show last night. The end of that race was amazing. Jaymes O'Brien needs to fire his crew chief for that tape issue! I can't tell you guys just how big this Amsoil sponsorship is to PRL. I know Jerome has posted about it here in the forums and has done a great job of promoting it here. This partnership has the potential to blow up into bigger things BUT we all need to work hard at making this a positive and lucrative experience for Amsoil Inc. WE all need to promote this league and our races as much as possible. GenX will be putting up a weekly ad post on our Facebook page to promote the Sunday night race. Please go to our page and "like" it and follow. When the ad post comes up, share it with all your friends. As Jerome said, we need video highlights submitted so he can put together a recap video FOR Amsoil. This is a requirement from Amsoil so please do this for us. Lets all work together to make this awesome, drive people to the broadcast and to social media. There will be more exciting things happening with this sponsorship for our league so stay tuned!!

Kristian Swensson

Ian24

First race with the league, happy with the result. Overshot my box on the last pit stop but got a couple spots back on the last lap, had some good racing and got out with a 7th place and 0x. Car was a bit off and way too loose on the long run, once I got that fixed, it became short runs to the end... Onto Bristol.

fotors3

Premium Member
Full Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
KingCobra said:
I just wanted to say that you guys really put on a great show last night.  The end of that race was amazing.  Jaymes O'Brien needs to fire his crew chief for that tape issue!  I can't tell you guys just how big this Amsoil sponsorship is to PRL.  I know Jerome has posted about it here in the forums and has done a great job of promoting it here.  This partnership has the potential to blow up into bigger things BUT we all need to work hard at making this a positive and lucrative experience for Amsoil Inc.  WE all need to promote this league and our races as much as possible.  GenX will be putting up a weekly ad post on our Facebook page to promote the Sunday night race.  Please go to our page and "like" it and follow.  When the ad post comes up, share it with all your friends.  As Jerome said, we need video highlights submitted so he can put together a recap video FOR Amsoil.  This is a requirement from Amsoil so please do this for us.  Lets all work together to make this awesome, drive people to the broadcast and to social media.  There will be more exciting things happening with this sponsorship for our league so stay tuned!!

Kristian Swensson

Kristian, thank you guys for helping get Amsoil on board. This is a neat deal. I will start saving my replays so I can send in interesting clips. My hard drive will hate me but that's what I have 3 of them for lol.