Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• RaceSpot broadcast information & paints

Hi Guest,

We recently updated the Broadcast information page under league information with the announcement of our new partnership with RaceSpot.

Note that RaceSpot is not using Trading Paints on their broadcast and all members will need to update their paints on RaceSpot.media.

Please consult the Broadcast information page for more details and procedures.

Round 1: Suzuka International Racing Course - Grand Prix (Dec 12 2019)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Suzuka_GP_course.png

Practice: 2019-12-12 5:45 AM
Qualifying: 2019-12-12 8:45 AM
Race: 2019-12-12 9:00 AM
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: 20
Max Fuel: 50%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-Race Interview:

1- Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls welcome back for another season in the F3!  We kick this season off with a great car/track combo at Suzuka!  What part of this track do you find most challenging?

2- Many changes have been made in the latest update.  The tire model while still V7 has been tweaked a bit, and possibly most importantly, the new damage model is on the F3 now!  How are you liking the feel of the car now?  And be honest, how many times have you intentionally plowed into the wall in practice just to see bits fly off the car?

3- New season, some new faces, and as always new challenges for the championship.  What are your expectations for this season?  Wins, top 10's, top 20, or just survive the gauntlet? (remember team Crash for Cash is back!)

crazygoalie39

Name
1-The esses are definitely most challenging for me. I'm good at hard braking and sharp turns, but high speed turns are not my forte.

2-V7 on the F3 and other road cars was already great and the tweaks make it better. New damage model is fantastic looking and hopefully promotes safer racing as you're more easily severely punished for mistakes.

3-Since I seem to be about middle of the road, in terms of iRating in this league and relatively new to the road side of things compared to my oval experience, I'm shooting for top 20s and anything above that is a bonus.

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
1. I’m with goalie here as I struggle with the high speed turns most. One sweeper I’m ok when you throw 8 thousand of them in the first 20 yards I struggle big time.

2. Def liking the car now. Didn’t ever drive it with the new tire model before the tweaks but ran the season before and just didn’t agree with the car. And yes the damage shit makes me watch replays now lol.

3. To wreck as many ppl as possible. Need to put 3 girls through college at one point so keep sending those bounties guys and I will keep wrecking Matt!

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
1- Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls welcome back for another season in the F3!  We kick this season off with a great car/track combo at Suzuka!  What part of this track do you find most challenging?

This is honestly one of my favorite tracks.  The last season schedule did not align with the official it so I am stoked we get to run here this season!
The tough parts for me with the F3 are the exit curbs on Degner 1 and Degner 2.  The car basically bottoms out on them so if you turn in a little too late it can be disastrous.  Also, the exit of Spoon can be rather easy to spin the tires as well especially once they start to wear.

2- Many changes have been made in the latest update.  The tire model while still V7 has been tweaked a bit, and possibly most importantly, the new damage model is on the F3 now!  How are you liking the feel of the car now?  And be honest, how many times have you intentionally plowed into the wall in practice just to see bits fly off the car?

Right now, this car is feeling quite good to me.  I think they are getting very close with this tire model with only a few things needed on how we can warm the tire a bit better, although the warmers have helped this.
In the week 13 battle of the little wings, I was in many practice sessions flying into walls and other cars it was good fun.

One thing to note with the damage model is that you really need to avoid debris as it will also damage the car.  Some net code can also be involved here as well so do not be surprised if some people see damage while others do not.

There was a thread that went into this in the F3 forum and it also illuminated how the damage detection is done.  This is what happened to Overbay 2 seasons ago when it looked like he had damage and it disappeared.  This is because the server every so often will rectify the damage and calculate in the netcode.

3- New season, some new faces, and as always new challenges for the championship.  What are your expectations for this season?  Wins, top 10's, top 20, or just survive the gauntlet? (remember team Crash for Cash is back!

I really want to try and make all the races and try and get as many top 10s as I can.  Hopefully if I can avoid some of the carnage potentially can make it top 5 to a podium as some tracks... we will see what the racing gods have to
say about that.  Time to start making my offerings

kart7990

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S3
Name
David Holland
iRacing ID
PSA: Have a beer handy for your pitstop, you might be there a while: https://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3682238.page#11822195

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
1) turn 7 going up the hill, back end wants to slide out.  The exit of spoon down the straight, I keep carrying to much speed going into the corner.
2) I don't need to intentionally crash
3) Survive the gauntlet and wait to get passed by the faster guys.

dan

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
kart7990 said:
PSA: Have a beer handy for your pitstop, you might be there a while: https://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3682238.page#11822195

Thanks for posting that David!

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
1- Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls welcome back for another season in the F3! We kick this season off with a great car/track combo at Suzuka! What part of this track do you find most challenging?

I really love the first sector at Suzuka. It's the perfect race track. Really looking forward to driving the F3 here.

2- Many changes have been made in the latest update. The tire model while still V7 has been tweaked a bit, and possibly most importantly, the new damage model is on the F3 now! How are you liking the feel of the car now? And be honest, how many times have you intentionally plowed into the wall in practice just to see bits fly off the car?

I haven't even had a chance to drive the new update yet. I should get on that.

3- New season, some new faces, and as always new challenges for the championship. What are your expectations for this season? Wins, top 10's, top 20, or just survive the gauntlet? (remember team Crash for Cash is back!)

I have no idea what to expect. Hoping that some of these new boys are slow. But I'll consider anything in the top 30 to be sucessful.

Kenny Rodriguez

Organizer
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Name
Kenneth Rodriguez
iRacing ID
Hey guys, this day is my wedding anniversary and I will be celebrating with my wife the glorious day I decided to marry her and make her the smartest woman in the world, because she married me. LOL!

Needless to say, I will be missing our first round at Suzuka. Sucks because I really like this track. Good luck to all.

Cheers.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S3
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S3
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
1. T1-T6. Sooo easy to lose time in that sector. Love the technically of it, I just suck lol

2. Car feels good. The default set ups even weren't too bad. And you best believe I've ripped all 4 wheels off of this bad boy in a single wreck already haha

3. Stay on the lead lap and aim for Top 20s. I need to make sure I have proper practice time this season.

mclachlanol

Organizer
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
1. The hardest part for me is getting the two right handers after the esses right. It's where I seem to collect the most off tracks and now it looks like I'm getting some damage there as well.

2. I like the improvements, it's great to drive a car that iracing is working hard on. The only issue is every time they change something we have to update our sets.

3. Cash for Crash is back! But I'm racing against them now haha. I had three DNFs and one absense last season so definitely looking for more consistency. I finally had a top five last race of the season and i'm hoping to keep that momentum going, but realistically if I can get top tens I'll be very happy.

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
nickthequick said:
kart7990 said:

Thanks for posting that David!

I did a little more testing and see the same.  I think i only ran over 1 of the exit degners and got this with barely "hooking it" so I want to do some more testing without hitting one to see if I still get it.  Getting that required 30 seconds will completely ruin your race... 

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
also it was not obvious that the car had any damage and i was not losing any time in a straight line or had any handling issues

dkranes

Premium Member
Name
DANIEL KRANEFUSS
iRacing ID
1- Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls welcome back for another season in the F3!  We kick this season off with a great car/track combo at Suzuka!  What part of this track do you find most challenging?

I struggle so much with the second part of Spoon Curve, but the Esses are quite satisfying when I get them right.

2- Many changes have been made in the latest update.  The tire model while still V7 has been tweaked a bit, and possibly most importantly, the new damage model is on the F3 now!  How are you liking the feel of the car now?  And be honest, how many times have you intentionally plowed into the wall in practice just to see bits fly off the car?

To be honest I preferred the feel of the car from the end of S4 2019, but even with the changes it's still my favorite car to drive in iRacing.  Regarding the damage model - anyone who ran a few races in Battle of the Little Wings knows there was no need to intentionally wreck to check out the carnage.  Getting wrecked was pretty much inevitable.  Also regarding the damage model - I hope they sort out the 30 second required repairs in pit stops.  It doesn't take much of a curb hit at Degner to cause this supposed 'damage'.

3- New season, some new faces, and as always new challenges for the championship.  What are your expectations for this season?  Wins, top 10's, top 20, or just survive the gauntlet? (remember team Crash for Cash is back!)

There are lots of talented drivers here, I've battled a few of them in the official races.  They're quick over a lap and consistent in the races.  I enjoyed the action watching the PRL league races last season, the level of competition and fairness are very high.  I just want to have good battles, whether that's for the win or for 20th.

mclachlanol

Organizer
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Hey guys,

We added a fast repair for tonight's race to deal with the phantom damage issue. we will talk about during the drivers meeting.

mclachlanol

Organizer
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
35 out of 42 drivers finished the race, and 22 drivers got the bonus point for less than 3 incidents. Well done guys!

I didn't get the phantom damage after all, not sure how many people did. We will monitor how Donnington goes to see if we still need the fast repair.

Have a good weekend guys!