Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• RaceSpot broadcast information & paints

Hi Guest,

We recently updated the Broadcast information page under league information with the announcement of our new partnership with RaceSpot.

Note that RaceSpot is not using Trading Paints on their broadcast and all members will need to update their paints on RaceSpot.media.

Please consult the Broadcast information page for more details and procedures.

Round 1: Summit Point Raceway - Summit Point Raceway (September 21)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
SummitPointFull.png

Race Time of day: 2021-09-18 13:40 1x
Race Length: 35 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 13x, DSQ at 17x
Max Fuel: 40%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Last edited by a moderator:

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S3
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S3
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Hey crew. We are 6 days away from the start of the season. Just to reiterate with the new folks, our schedule follows the Official iRacing Fixed Ferrari Series schedule, so please feel free to use the official races and official practice lobbies this week to prepare for Tuesday.

We will be using the same setup, weather settings, and Date/ToD settings as the official series, so that gives everyone a full weeks of official sessions to use for practice. Just keep in mind to practice your pit stops at some point too, that is something we will have that officials will not.

Also being the 1st race of the season, 10 mins before qualifying I will holding a pre-race drivers meeting doing over rules and etiquettes, so make sure you are available for that.

b_glover93

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Baron Glover
iRacing ID
Hey crew. We are 6 days away from the start of the season. Just to reiterate with the new folks, our schedule follows the Official iRacing Fixed Ferrari Series schedule, so please feel free to use the official races and official practice lobbies this week to prepare for Tuesday.

We will be using the same setup, weather settings, and Date/ToD settings as the official series, so that gives everyone a full weeks of official sessions to use for practice. Just keep in mind to practice your pit stops at some point too, that is something we will have that officials will not.

Also being the 1st race of the season, 10 mins before qualifying I will holding a pre-race drivers meeting doing over rules and etiquettes, so make sure you are available for that.
Did you confirm 40% fuel and where will the driver's meeting be held? Thx

Hootius

Director
Staff member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S3
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Driver's meeting is always on iRacing voice chat. The fuel I'm not 100% sure tbh, I'm not apart of that decision, I just volunteered my cheeky banter for pre-race meetings lol

Joshuadaniels

Premium Member
Name
Joshua Daniels
iRacing ID
Did you confirm 40% fuel and where will the driver's meeting be held? Thx
This would be nice to know. I have done a few test and it seems %40 is around 11.4 gallons and works nice with a pit stop in a 30 min race leaving alot of room for strategies. on the bad side its a fixed setup and was designed to run on a certain fuel level and it does change the handling of the cars a bit making it different from the official series and would make it hard for some to adjust if they have only done official races and not taken pacific time out of there week to test this fuel privately.
These setups where designed to run 15 min and a mandatory 4 tire stop would suit them a little better.
But I stand behind any decision from prl.

b_glover93

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Baron Glover
iRacing ID
This would be nice to know. I have done a few test and it seems %40 is around 11.4 gallons and works nice with a pit stop in a 30 min race leaving alot of room for strategies. on the bad side its a fixed setup and was designed to run on a certain fuel level and it does change the handling of the cars a bit making it different from the official series and would make it hard for some to adjust if they have only done official races and not taken pacific time out of there week to test this fuel privately.
These setups where designed to run 15 min and a mandatory 4 tire stop would suit them a little better.

b_glover93

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Baron Glover
iRacing ID
Yes i was hoping to do some fuel consumption related testing instead of winging it on race day.

b_glover93

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Baron Glover
iRacing ID
The fixed sprint setup starts with 14.5 gallons and PRL will start with 11.6. The lighter starting fuel load increases the rake just slightly (insignificantly) and corner weights are lighter but the ratio front to back is not changed. Camber and caster remain the same as fixed sprint. But a 20 minute longer race will have effect on tires and balance that won't be present in a 15 minute race so will just have to recreate the starting PRL setup in a test session and to see what the extra 20 minutes feels like, how the balance changes, tires wear, etc. Not much you can do about it except adjust your driving style, but at least you'll know what it feels like.

barryf1fan

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Barry Cochrane
iRacing ID
Hey Arnaud, I didn't receive an invite yet for the Ferrari Fixed. Thanks!!

Oi!! Never mind, I found it - I was clicked on "My Leagues".

Laughlin

Organizer
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Formula 3 Series 2022/S3
Name
Nick McLaughlin
iRacing ID
Where do I find the league invite in the UI? I see the old Precision Racing League under my leagues, but cant find anywhere to accept the invite.
I don't have any invites for this league yet under the My League (UI) section.
Please check the league invites page from the main iRacing website rather than the UI.
Their UI is hit or miss (mostly miss it seems..) on league invites.

https://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/LeagueInvites.do <---

barryf1fan

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Barry Cochrane
iRacing ID
Where do I find the league invite in the UI? I see the old Precision Racing League under my leagues, but cant find anywhere to accept the invite.

I don't have any invites for this league yet under the My League (UI) section.

If you're in the UI, be sure and click "OFF" My Leagues... it only shows up if you are clicked "in" Leagues. That was why I couldn't see it - last time I was on the Leagues tab I had clicked on My Leagues, and for "new" invites you have to be off the MY League as it is shows the ones you are already in. Hope you guys found it. (y)

TheGreatC81

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
If you're in the UI, be sure and click "OFF" My Leagues... it only shows up if you are clicked "in" Leagues. That was why I couldn't see it - last time I was on the Leagues tab I had clicked on My Leagues, and for "new" invites you have to be off the MY League as it is shows the ones you are already in. Hope you guys found it. (y)

Good lookin out, Barry. I was having the same issue.