Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 1: Southern National Motorsports Park (16 Sep)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
 ​
Sponsor this circuit for only $6.95 USD

[circuit_7][/circuit_7]​

Time of day: Night
Laps: 200
Max. fuel: 100%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Pre Race Interview Questions:
1: What is your favorite vehicle that you currently own?  If you only own a daily driver, what is it?
2: If you had to endure a direct hit from either a tornado, hurricane with flooding, earthquake, or wild fire which would you choose? (John's answer might be a bit biased.  :) )
3: If you had to marry a Disney Princess, which one would you choose and why?

Hootius

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
1: What is your favorite vehicle that you currently own?  If you only own a daily driver, what is it?
2012 and 2017 Ford Fusions. Nothing great about them, just solid cars with decent mileage.

2: If you had to endure a direct hit from either a tornado, hurricane with flooding, earthquake, or wild fire which would you choose? (John's answer might be a bit biased.  :) )
Hurricane with flooding. The other 3 can be completely random with no warning, and that scares the sh*t out of me.

Mulan. I don't need to describe my fetish to you!!!

chatley59

Premium Member
Full Name
Brenden Chatley2
iRacing ID
1: What is your favorite vehicle that you currently own? If you only own a daily driver, what is it?

I only own a 2018 Dodge Charger Daytona but I love it

2: If you had to endure a direct hit from either a tornado, hurricane with flooding, earthquake, or wild fire which would you choose? (John's answer might be a bit biased. )

I feel like you could make out the best in an earthquake so that would be my answer

Cinderella. She's blonde!

soupflakes

Premium Member
1.) Definitely my 2013 Taurus SHO, thing is fast for a big ol boat. Nobody will race me though cause it looks like a cop car. :(
2.) I think earthquake, cause you can always rebuild, and it hits you fast and its over!
3.) Ariel. Clamshells, need I say more?

John LaBaff

Premium Member
Full Name
John LaBaff
iRacing ID
1: What is your favorite vehicle that you currently own? If you only own a daily driver, what is it?

Right now I think its my slingshot there a blast and even took trevor for a rip in it

2: If you had to endure a direct hit from either a tornado, hurricane with flooding, earthquake, or wild fire which would you choose? (John's answer might be a bit biased. )

LOL just a bit bias as we have had a hurricane 2 tornados and flooding all in my area in the last 48 hrs im safe im sound (well maybe not LOL ) and im dry

Did Paul pick this question lol. I don't watch Disney no kids and no need for Disney

fotors3

Premium Member
Full Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Pre Race Interview Questions:[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1: What is your favorite vehicle that you currently own?  If you only own a daily driver, what is it?[/font]
I have an 07 Scion tC and 94 Jeep Cherokee. The Scion is my daily and favorite since it's set up for handling. The Jeep is a bit of a side project and winter vehicle. 

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2: If you had to endure a direct hit from either a tornado, hurricane with flooding, earthquake, or wild fire which would you choose? (John's answer might be a bit biased.  [/font][img=15x17]http://precisionracingleague.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif[/img][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] )[/font]
I would rather deal with an earthquake. I've been in a tornado (my house didn't get hit) and that's scary. Hurricanes mess a lot of stuff up. Fires are never good either. 

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3: If you had to marry a Disney Princess, which one would you choose and why?[/font]
I have no answer for this. I don't watch that stuff. 

Kyle7

Well ya. first week. dq’d before half way. 2 incidents ill take. other 10 idk. ill give it 2 more races and see how it goes i know it’s only the first one so maybe some rust-I might stick to the Friday Night Series though we’ll see. See y’all next week i guess lol

soupflakes

Premium Member
All, decent first race. Couple things to recap.

First, patience seemed decent, I know a lot of people DQ'd, we need to figure out incident limits, probably need to be higher. But overall I thought people were curteous, definitely room for improvement, but everyone awesome job keeping cool!!

Just keep in mind, it's the first race of the season, we all took a lot of time off, and getting back into it, we have had MUCh worse short track races. Just be patient with everyone. If we make any changes, they will be minor, and will inform you all.

Reminder! need to enter the race with your signed up number! No penalties this first week, next week we will give out points penalties.

First race guys, my BIGGEST thing that will help us build is to get on Discord any time we race during the week. I for one if I'm home try to race all night Thursday nights, but everyone should race during the week!

fotors3

Premium Member
Full Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
Touching on what Paul said, we just need to use patience and common sense. 

Please sign up with your numbers. This is a freebie week. Next week if you are not in your correct number and force someone else's number to be wrong, you will be penalized. 

We will look into the incident limit per race. We as organizers voted for 12, but we will have a meeting and discuss an increase. We didn't anticipate having drivers DQ'd because of said limit tonight, so we will get it worked out.

Use common sense. I saw a lot of taking and no giving. I also saw people backing up into the racing line after spinning. Please use your relative to monitor other cars. When in doubt, just sit there and wait, especially if you're not even close to being on the lead lap. 

Overall, I think we just had some first race jitters. There's room for improvement for Irwindale. Please practice during the week and try not to wait until the day of to practice and/or buy the track. Let's hang out on Discord during the week and do official races to get to know each other AND get practice.

I had a lot of fun and good job to my team mate Brad on the win. On to Irwindale! 

Kyle7

fotors3 said:
Touching on what Paul said, we just need to use patience and common sense. 

Please sign up with your numbers. This is a freebie week. Next week if you are not in your correct number and force someone else's number to be wrong, you will be penalized. 

We will look into the incident limit per race. We as organizers voted for 12, but we will have a meeting and discuss an increase. We didn't anticipate having drivers DQ'd because of said limit tonight, so we will get it worked out.

Use common sense. I saw a lot of taking and no giving. I also saw people backing up into the racing line after spinning. Please use your relative to monitor other cars. When in doubt, just sit there and wait, especially if you're not even close to being on the lead lap. 

Overall, I think we just had some first race jitters. There's room for improvement for Irwindale. Please practice during the week and try not to wait until the day of to practice and/or buy the track. Let's hang out on Discord during the week and do official races to get to know each other AND get practice.

I had a lot of fun and good job to my team mate Brad on the win. On to Irwindale! 

i guess i was too nice getting 8x for lifting when i saw someone wrecking. rip me lol

John LaBaff

Premium Member
Full Name
John LaBaff
iRacing ID
Kyle7 said:
Well ya. first week. dq’d before half way. 2 incidents ill take. other 10 idk. ill give it 2 more races and see how it goes i know it’s only the first one so maybe some rust-I might stick to the Friday Night Series though we’ll see. See y’all next week i guess lol

Kyle your a good racer man. Lap 87 I was at 10x ran the rest of the race and finished 6th. I agree there was some rust on everyones wheels and several new people just like all the series we run theres a learning curve on the way they run just saying 

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Kyle7 said:

Me, as a manager, after reading this comment, do you think I want to spend time to work on this series and find a solution? Please try to be a part of the solution instead. Only one race and you threat on leaving. Don't worry, the organisers will find out a solution. Back in the past in the B cars, we used to have 12 incidents per race and it was good.

Stay tuned! 

Kyle7

jeromef1 said:
Kyle7 said:

Me, as a manager, after reading this comment, do you think I want to spend time to work on this series and find a solution? Please try to be a part of the solution instead. Only one race and you threat on leaving. Don't worry, the organisers will find out a solution. Back in the past in the B cars, we used to have 12 incidents per race and it was good.

Stay tuned! 

I’m just saying I liked the season incident limit better. because if you have 1 bad incident race you don’t end up with an awful finish there’s still a chance to get a good points day. I had like no damage and honestly never really tried but still got 12x. let’s hope it was just a one race situation. I’m having a bad week if I get 12x total lol with these cars the hit box is different than the B and they’re more durable too. just some things to take into mind. I’d rather have fun than have to worry about incidents. Stuff happens i get that. lets move on to next week and get better lol