Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 1: Road America - Full Course (June 24)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
RoadAmerica.png

Race Time of day: 2021-06-26 18:38 1x
Race Length: 24 laps
Max Incidents: Drive through at 10x, DSQ at 15x
Max Fuel: 40%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 0

mclachlanol

Organizer
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Pre-Race Drivers Meeting Notes (@Formula Renault 3.5 Pro Series 2021/S3):

All right guys, welcome to PRL Thursday Night 2021 Season 3! We are going to do something a little bit different this season for the drivers meeting. I'll have the race notes written out before each race, if you can try and check the forums each Wednesday before the race to get caught up on any last minute announcements. I may announce a few things verbally before each race but I will try and keep it brief. With that said lets get started!

Since this is the first race of the season I'll go over the general race rules and expectations for the season:
  • Qualifying:
    • Qualifying will be 10min open track best lap. This session will go quick and will require some practice and patience to get a good time in.
    • There are no blue flags in qualifying, everyone has a right to the racing line. We will have a mix of super fast drivers with some slower drivers on track, but the slower drivers are not expected to pull over for the fast drivers. They have a right to qualify just like everyone else. Best advice is to create and manage your gaps properly to avoid catching someone in front of you.
    • Talk to each other and help each other out. If you are on a slow out lap or had an off track and you got someone on a flyer behind you, let them have it and get setup for the next lap. Maybe they will return the favor another time.
    • Remember, it takes a couple of laps to get a good time in so there is no reason to come out of the pits late in the session. Help keep the track clean for drivers that are still out there trying to get a good lap.
  • Race Starts:
    • It only takes one driver to mess up a start and cause havoc, All drivers are expected to practice their starts before the first race. Standing starts are a new concept for some of us but that's no excuse to not practice.
    • If you do get a bad/slow start, hold your line. You might feel like you want to move over to get out of the way but that will only make things worse since the drivers behind you have probably already made their move to get around. Hold your line and recover the best you can.
    • Any incidents involving multiple cars at the race start will be automatically reviewed by the race stewards and repeat offenders likely will be penalized.
  • Incidents during the Race/Chat and Forum Conduct:
    • Every race in real life has crashes during the race, we obviously will have a few as well. It's very likely that everyone will have at least one spin or wreck at some point during the season.
    • Sometimes you might be at fault. If that happens apologize, learn from your mistake, and move on.
    • Sometimes you might be the victim of someone else's mistake. If that happens, shrug it off and try to recover.
    • I completely understand how frustrating it can be to practice for a couple of hours just to be taken out after 1 lap, and although it may be common place to hear a couple of drivers going at each other during the iracing series races, that behavior will never be tolerated in PRL. I don't care if the other driver made a completely stupid maneuver and took you out, or if you are the fastest driver in the field, if you get on the radio and start cursing him out, you will get penalized and maybe even banned for the next race. If you got to curse, *****, whine, and moan, go ahead and do so but just don't hold the push to talk button when doing it.
    • This is a competitive league, and I will allow some "competitiveness" amongst the drivers. But always remember, we do not have to be friends but we must respect one another.
    • This conduct holds true for the PRL forums as well. Flaming, bullying, or aggressive language will not be tolerated in the forums and could result in a ban.
  • Race Protests:
    • Race starts incidents involving more multiple cars will be automatically reviewed, everything else will only be reviewed if a protest is submitted.
    • I strongly suggest you think about the incident and review it first before submitting a protest. Or even talk to the offending driver before. If we find that there is not clear evidence of a gross mistake, or if the offense is minor and does not lead to any damage or positions lost, the protest will likely be denied.
    • Multiple submissions and denials during the season will result in the loss of your right to protest. So keep in mind, the protest system is meant to weed out repeated dangerous behavior, not to nit pick every little minor bump and/or off track.
    • All protests must be in the form of a saved replay. Please go here for more information: Protest System Info
  • Lapped Traffic:
    • It's a long race and we got different driver speeds out there so undoubtedly there will be some lapped traffic during the race. Lapped cars are expected to help facilitate the pass. This does not mean completely pull over to the side of the road and let the leaders go by. In fact we rather have you stick to the racing line, be predictable, and just back off a couple of tenths on the strait.
    • Faster drivers are expected to make the pass safely on the strait unless the slower driver is obviously going wide to let you go. If you catch a slower driver in a twisty section you will need to be patient and wait until the next strait before passing.
  • Pit stops:
    • Fuel will be limited to 40% forcing a stop during the race.
    • Tire changes are not required but can be made if the driver chose to do so.
    • The driver exiting the pit lane is expected to merge safely back onto the track.
    • Drivers entering the pits are expected to announce they are pitting in if a driver is within one second behind you.

That is all I got for now guys! If you got any questions please ask. Thanks for joining and lets have a fun competitive season.

See you guys on Thursday (Hopefully - see note below)!
Owen

P.S. My dad has surgery scheduled for the afternoon of the 24th so there is a good chance I might miss the first race. I'm on the west coast so it might hard to get back home in time. There will be someone from PRL present in case I can't make it. Hopefully I'll be there but if not, good luck to you all!

thesavvyninja

Name
Aaron Roufs
iRacing ID
I'm so glad Road America is done. No matter what car I race that track in, I simply suck at it.

In regards to the start, I had nowhere to go, and I had a great start. I braked, but too much speed to avoid who was in front of me.

Personally I did not expect to have issues starting last. But it's Road America for me.. lol.

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
I think a quick review of PRL Racing Rule 7.4 may help with what transpired in the above mentioned incident.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210625-094051_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210625-094051_Chrome.jpg
    463.3 KB · Views: 16

thesavvyninja

Name
Aaron Roufs
iRacing ID
I think a quick review of PRL Racing Rule 7.4 may help with what transpired in the above mentioned incident.
I did try to steer into the grass. For once it occurred too fast for me. That's fine I will take responsibility for it and if the person wants to protest me, I won't object. However he did come to a complete stop in front me.. So that is in the rules as well. So Personally I rank it as an true incident. He braked and completely stopped to avoid the car in front of him.