Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 1: Road America - Full Course (June 18)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Road%20America_Full%20Course.png

Race Time of day: 2020-06-20 18:00
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 11x, DSQ at 20x
Max Fuel: 26L
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

mclachlanol

Organizer
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Team Selections are open guys! Go ahead and form your team in the Teams section. If you are a free agent just post saying you are looking for a team.

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
15 minutes before the end of practice we will have a bit of a drivers meeting so we can go over everything and if anyone has a question it can be answered there. Also feel free to ask here and its always a good idea to read the PRL rules and the iRacing Sporting Code :)

dkranes

Premium Member
Name
DANIEL KRANEFUSS
iRacing ID
Hi Nick, I have a question/clarification request regarding the 11x incident drive through penalty. Last season at Spa I earned my 11th incident point midway through the final lap. I had the white flag showing and then got the drive through penalty message as well. I wasn't sure what to do so I entered pit road at the end of the lap, crossing the start/finish line and ending the race in the pits. Ultimately going to pit road cost me an extra ~10 seconds with the pit entry and slowing down to the pit speed limit versus just staying on track.

If this were to happen again - earning the 11th incident during the final lap of the race - can I just stay on track and take the 40 second penalty? Would there be additional iRacing or PRL penalties for not attempting to go down pit road to serve the penalty on the last lap? I would think not but want to make sure.

I guess another edge case would be if the 11th incident is earned with two or three laps to go. If I recall correctly, iRacing gives you three laps to serve the penalty. If there are four laps to go when you get your 11th incident then I think it's pretty clear that you must serve the penalty within three laps, before the end of the race. But if there are two or three laps to go when you pick up the 11th incident what happens if you ignore the drive through? Do you just get the 40 second penalty? Or do you get DQ'd since you had one or more opportunities to serve the drive through?

This probably won't happen to anyone again but you never know so it's worth clarifying. Thanks!

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Great points Daniel. The Stewarding team will get it worked out tonight and will post how we will handle the situation and update the Rules. Thanks for bringing this up.

Keith Calzone

Name
Organizers,
I am in the middle of a move. It is long distance from California to Texas. I had to ship everything on a U-box today for it to arrive in Texas July 1st. I write you this to inform you that I will miss the first 3 weeks of the Indy Pro 2K series. Will I be able to race the rest of the season when I am back online? 
Thank you,
Keith Calhoun

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
Hi All, judging from the official races, the slipstream is going to have a huge impact here as it is almost impossible to break away from someone unless there is a mistake.  So there will be a lot of wheel to wheel racing which should be fun, but we also need to be careful and give plenty of space.  Keep in mind there is always the netcode factor and I have seen a few instances of it in this car in official.

Had some great racing here with Owen and his teammates below in this official race:

https://youtu.be/rU-rgrp_CEo

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
Leedo said:
Hi gents - turns out I'm going to out for town and will miss the season opener - thanks much and good luck in lovely Elkhart Lake!

Thanks for the heads up!

JFMatte

Name
Jean-Francois Matte
iRacing ID
Hey guys, I'm also going to miss Road America, damn. Hope to be back for some oval fun...

Sailboat

Name
Robert Land
iRacing ID
I also unfortunately will miss the season opener as something family related came up. I’m so sorry but I promise I won’t miss any weeks after this. I’m very excited for the league and happy to be here. Happy racing guys see you on the oval!

dkranes

Premium Member
Name
DANIEL KRANEFUSS
iRacing ID
I need to apologize to whomever I hit entering Canada. I was racing with two drivers, David Sirois and someone else whose name escapes me right now, and my teammates told me on discord that I took one driver out. My vr stuttered the prior lap and then completely froze right before Canada the next time around. As soon as it froze I turned left and hit the brakes hoping some of that input would register but apparently it was not enough.

I'm sorry I wrecked your race. It was a really fun battle up to that point. :(