Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• RaceSpot broadcast information & paints

Hi Guest,

We recently updated the Broadcast information page under league information with the announcement of our new partnership with RaceSpot.

Note that RaceSpot is not using Trading Paints on their broadcast and all members will need to update their paints on RaceSpot.media.

Please consult the Broadcast information page for more details and procedures.

Round 1: Phillip Island Circuit (Sep 24)

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
GT4 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Philip_Island_GP.png

Race Time of day: 2020-12-05 12:35 1x
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 11x, DSQ at 20x
Max Fuel: 65%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

mclachlanol

Organizer
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Alright guys,

Week 1 is here, should be a good one. Going to be a lot of cars in this race (~40) but should be a ton of fun.

Luckily with this car there are always sets available in the iracing forums, attached are a couple I found. I think the fast guys are going to be in the 1:22s-1:23s, laps in the 24s should be a decent pace though.

Attachments

• jz_20S4_W2_phillip_island_R1.sto
    1.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 24037modded.sto
    1.6 KB · Views: 3

Gunner

Organizer
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Round 1 everyone!  As is PRL tradition, we kindly ask everyone to use the long pit exit on this track.  EXIT THE PITS USING THE LEFT LANE.  It is a dangerous pit out right into a fast racing line otherwise.  Any reports of people using the wrong pit exit will be reviewed by the stewards.  Thanks all, and have a good race!

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
Gunner said:
Round 1 everyone!  As is PRL tradition, we kindly ask everyone to use the long pit exit on this track.  EXIT THE PITS USING THE LEFT LANE.  It is a dangerous pit out right into a fast racing line otherwise.  Any reports of people using the wrong pit exit will be reviewed by the stewards.  Thanks all, and have a good race!

I’m gonna pit out like a wrecking ball!!!!

barryf1fan

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Barry Cochrane
iRacing ID
mclachlanol said:
Alright guys,

Week 1 is here, should be a good one. Going to be a lot of cars in this race (~40) but should be a ton of fun.

Luckily with this car there are always sets available in the iracing forums, attached are a couple I found. I think the fast guys are going to be in the 1:22s-1:23s, laps in the 24s should be a decent pace though.

Man, I'm not sure I should be in this series...  ran another 50-60 laps last night in a couple of different practice sessions and my fastest lap was a 1:24.7.  Not bad, I guess, but I struggle to be consistent.  I can do mid 1:25's to mid 1:26's fairly consistently but I may be a rolling chicane if guys are 3+ seconds a lap faster than me. :shock:   Really looking forward to this car though, and while I like Philip Island, it has a couple of very difficult corners where it's easy to lose the back, or if not, you're going too slow. :D

Gonna try and get a bit more practice in before tomorrow's  race.

mclachlanol

Organizer
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
barryf1fan said:
mclachlanol said:
Alright guys,

Man, I'm not sure I should be in this series...  ran another 50-60 laps last night in a couple of different practice sessions and my fastest lap was a 1:24.7.  Not bad, I guess, but I struggle to be consistent.  I can do mid 1:25's to mid 1:26's fairly consistently but I may be a rolling chicane if guys are 3+ seconds a lap faster than me. :shock:   Really looking forward to this car though, and while I like Philip Island, it has a couple of very difficult corners where it's easy to lose the back, or if not, you're going too slow. :D

Don't get discouraged, 1:24s-1:25s are just fine. I'm always 2 seconds slower than the fastest guys as well. We will probably have a couple drivers in the 1:25-1:26s. Key for any race is just keep it clean and you will be surprised how far up you will finish.

Wingnut

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S3
Name
Kevin Santana
iRacing ID
barryf1fan said:
mclachlanol said:
Alright guys,

Don’t get in your own head especially if you are new to the car type. I have seen people in practices 4+ seconds off the pace. You just do what you can. Do not over drive your abilities with the car. It will come in time. When you do find yourself being lapped the best thing you can do is be predictable. Don’t try to get out of the way entering or exiting a corner. Take your line and let the fast guy get around you. Most of the time they have already figured out how and where they want to pass you based on your relative speed and what they have observed as they caught you. If they pull up next to you entering a corner than by all means lift a bit early to help them. If they haven’t shown the nose by entry they are planning on passing at the exit. Run out like you normally would as they are planning on cutting below you. 

mclachlanol

Organizer
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Hey guys,

One last thing I forgot to mention, because we are now broadcast on Youtube we cannot use any unapproved sponsor logos on our paints unless you have written permission from the company to use it, i.e. no CocoCola, Microsoft, Apple, or whatever sponsor logos are allowed on your paint job. You can use logos that are already in the iracing paint section.

If you have any questions please PM us and we can help you out.

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
mclachlanol said:
Hey guys,

One last thing I forgot to mention, because we are now broadcast on Youtube we cannot use any unapproved sponsor logos on our paints unless you have written permission from the company to use it, i.e. no CocoCola, Microsoft, Apple, or whatever sponsor logos are allowed on your paint job. You can use logos that are already in the iracing paint section.

If you have any questions please PM us and we can help you out.

And if anyone needs a quickie paint job, feel free to reach out and we can help.

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Mr. Hall, thank you for the apology, it was evident after watching the replay that you didn't intentionally try to rejoin there, and no damage other than getting stuck on the kerp and requiring a tow. Now for the (PRO) who rejoined the track in turn 4 while I was making the apex, thanks for ruining my race.

dan

barryf1fan

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Barry Cochrane
iRacing ID
Good race tonight guys - little bit of carnage on lap one and two. :roll: 
Hey David Hebert, I apologize if I turned into you at the Honda hairpin... I don't think you even touched me. :?:  May have been net-code or something because that was the only incidents I got (2) and you didn't have any.  Anyway, just wanted to apologize if I "chopped" 'ya, I thought there was plenty of room.  Either way, great time and fun race!!

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
barryf1fan said:
Good race tonight guys - little bit of carnage on lap one and two. :roll: 
Hey David Herbert, I apologize if I turned into you at the Honda hairpin... I don't think you even touched me. :?:  May have been net-code or something because that was the only incidents I got (2) and you didn't have any.  Anyway, just wanted to apologize if I "chopped" 'ya, I thought there was plenty of room.  Either way, great time and fun race!!

It’s all good my dude!  I’m thinking it was netcode too.  It showed up as a 0x contact on my side and it didn’t affect me at all, just felt bad you went spinning!  

TheGreatC81

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
If being a "PRO" means driving like some of those guys, I'll just stay an AM. P5 to P10 after getting punted by a lapped car with 3 to go. SMH

barryf1fan

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Barry Cochrane
iRacing ID
TheGreatC81 said:
If being a "PRO" means driving like some of those guys, I'll just stay an AM. P5 to P10 after getting punted by a lapped car with 3 to go. SMH

Okay... I thought that was odd, Cristelli.  I let you and that [PRO] guy go by the previous lap on the straight because, well, I was in 25th, and the PRO was in 26th, a lap down (to me even).  You were P5.

Thought, "no way I'm getting involved in ruining someone's P5 by keeping a PRO driver behind me", so I pulled right on the straight, tapped the brakes - and back on the gas once you two were by.  'Round through turn one, two, and three - coming to the Honda hairpin (turn 4) I see you two spinning off the track. WTF just happened here, I thought?!? :shock:

That sucks for you man, you had a great race...

TheGreatC81

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
barryf1fan said:
TheGreatC81 said:

Okay... I thought that was odd, Cristelli.  I let you and that [PRO] guy go by the previous lap on the straight because, well, I was in 25th, and the PRO was in 26th, a lap down (to me even).  You were P5.

Thought, "no way I'm getting involved in ruining someone's P5 by keeping a PRO driver behind me", so I pulled right on the straight, tapped the brakes - and back on the gas once you two were by.  'Round through turn one, two, and three - coming to the Honda hairpin (turn 4) I see you two spinning off the track. *** just happened here, I thought?!? :shock:

That sucks for you man, you had a great race...

He locked up trying to go up the inside and knocked me off track. After that my front wing was loose so I lost front end grip and a bunch of top end speed. If we were battling for position, I'd say s**t happens and call it a day, but he was a lap down. There was nothing to be gained. It was just impatience and a lack of consideration for other drivers. Whatever. On to next week.