Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 1: Nashville Superspeedway (June 20th)

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Nashville%20SS.png

Laps: 145
Sim Date and Time:
2021-06-19 15:00 1x

Last edited by a moderator:

Bubba18

Organizer
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Mark Kaelin Jr
iRacing ID
Pre race questions:
1) What are your expectations this season?
2) Are you excited for Nashville?
3) Who do you think will win Nashville?

Kemosobie03

Premium Member
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S2
Name
Patrick Cowgill
iRacing ID
Pre-race answers:
1) My expectations are to suck just a little bit less than prior seasons. Like maybe get lucky and get at least 1 top 5 again this season.
2) I'm indifferent.
3) I'm gonna pick Abner.

Last edited:

matloc28

Premium Member
Name
Matt Long
iRacing ID
Pre race answers:
1) Now that we have gotten our first full season under our belts we are excited to take all of learnings from S2 forward and continue taking the fight to the top 5 this season. Our goals are a top 2 team points finish and to keep us in the mix for a drivers championship.
2) Very, it's a technical "driver's" track with the 750hp package which I love but slightly hesitant right now because of the track grip changes just implemented. Hopefully our testing over the last week does not go to waste...
3) It's hard to discount Abner from being a favorite after his strong runs at the end of last season and heavy braking/long-run nature this track has

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
1) I'm hoping to get up to get up to 7 Top 10s this coming season. I always aim for that goal. I know it'll be hard since I'm not good on road courses (we have 2) and iR SS and Daytona can be crapshoots. If I can sneak in a Top 5 at any point, even better!

2) I'm intrigued. It's similar to the cookie cutters yes, but it drives different than all of them and I'd like to see how the track develops over the course of the race.

3) Jaymes won Kentucky, Richard won Kansas, and Abner has been on a streak lately. So I'll just hedge and say Team Hype.... except Brandon!!!!!! (Only cuz you killed me at Charlotte you pecker!)

fotors3

Premium Member
Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
1. I'm hoping for top 10s in most races, maybe top 5s are some of the 1.5-2 mile ovals. I highly doubt I do that well on the road courses but I will be sure to practice a lot for them.
2. I unfortunately will be missing the season opener due to going back to Missouri
3. I gotta go with one of my team mates - Abner or Jaymes. I'm not 100% sure if Richard is racing Sunday or not.

3) Jaymes won Kentucky, Richard won Kansas, and Abner has been on a streak lately. So I'll just hedge and say Team Hype.... except Brandon!!!!!! (Only cuz you killed me at Charlotte you pecker!)
I know, I suck. I owe you a beer when I visit Tampa lol.

Last edited:

Baron54

Premium Member
Name
Baron Lobosco
iRacing ID
Pre race questions:
1) What are your expectations this season?
2) Are you excited for Nashville?
3) Who do you think will win Nashville?
My expectations are simple, stay out of trouble, learn the race craft of the competition and compete as many laps as possible.

Not giddy over Nashville, I prefer tracks with a lot of room to pass.

Nashville winner will be someone who really likes short track hybrids. Same driver would love Richmond I think.

Kemosobie03

Premium Member
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S2
Name
Patrick Cowgill
iRacing ID
Apparently the people who named Nashville "Superspeedway", a Superspeedway, were either drunk, or had no clue what a Superspeedway was. Just saying

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Back in the day, a "Superspeedway" was anything bigger than a mile. Darlington used to be known as a superspeedway too if I remember right. Once the 1.5 miler boom happened, then "Intermediate" came into play and a superspeedway is now considered anything 2 miles or longer.

I was wondering how suprised you'd be when you got on track since I figured you didn't know based off your answer lol

Bubba18

Organizer
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Mark Kaelin Jr
iRacing ID
Apparently the people who named Nashville "Superspeedway", a Superspeedway, were either drunk, or had no clue what a Superspeedway was. Just saying
Its called superspeedway because they didnt want people to confuse the track with the Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway

XSYSE

Premium Member
Name
Robert Besaw Jr
iRacing ID
1. Hopefully end up Top 10 in points, hopefully start better then Season 2.

2. I've been placing pretty well all week and got some good practice in..but last two races lap 1/ turn 1 has been bad.

3. I think Brad or Abner will keep it going.

Bradley Holly

Organizer
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Bradley Holly
iRacing ID
1. I'm hoping to be in the top 5 by the end of the season
2. I'm really excited it have been a fun track to race all week.
3. Not I guess we will find out tonight

MoneybagsHastings

Premium Member
Name
Aaron Self
iRacing ID
Pre race answers:
1) I'm really hoping to just run clean races and put together solid finishes and get my name out there. I've set my expectations a bit higher for Nashville and I think that because it's a new track that iRacing has just scanned and that none of us really have a lot of experience on it, I think we might be able to have a good run and maybe sneak one. I really want to work on getting better at setups because I'm not good at open setup races and I fear that we'll get circles ran around us a lot of the time. But I think a lot of people will miss the setup at Nashville.
2) Yes. It's not my favorite type of track but I think it will definitely be a more level playing field than some of the other tracks this Season.
3) It's anyone's race.

Junkyardspecial

Premium Member
Name
Jaymes Peter O'Brien
iRacing ID
Great race on my part just never could gain control.

For the lap cars, please learn to communicate and choose a line. It was absolutely uncalled for out there tonight.

Bradley Holly

Organizer
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Bradley Holly
iRacing ID
To jaymes point there where a couple of people last night that where very unpredictable when the leaders caught up to them please pick a line and stay in it and don't be swerving up and down I felt like there where a couple close calls that shouldn't have been close at all and I will say this again of you are pitting make sure you call it out before organizers have preached that way to much for that to be an issue

MoneybagsHastings

Premium Member
Name
Aaron Self
iRacing ID
I turn VC off when I league race but I usually just go high. Though I was never lapped at all last night except for the weird restart where we got stuck -1L and had LL cars in front and behind. Didn't like how the 54 rolled back down the track there at the start. Had to get off sequence

Junkyardspecial

Premium Member
Name
Jaymes Peter O'Brien
iRacing ID
I turn VC off when I league race but I usually just go high. Though I was never lapped at all last night except for the weird restart where we got stuck -1L and had LL cars in front and behind. Didn't like how the 54 rolled back down the track there at the start. Had to get off sequence
Might be best to leave VC on, sometimes there is important information to be heard, there is never very much talking so you wont be distracted.

MoneybagsHastings

Premium Member
Name
Aaron Self
iRacing ID
I'll bear that in mind for Pocono. Sometimes it's more of a self-control thing. In regular races I often feel the urge to chew people's ear off because I'm very talkative or go overboard if I feel frustrated. Also these open setup races really kill me haha. I feel like I always miss the setup big time.