Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 1: Nürburgring Grand Prix Strecke - Grand Prix (Mar 23)

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
NurburgringGP.png

Race Time of day: 2021-04-01 18:25 1x
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 10x, DSQ at 15x
Max Fuel: 90% for LMP2, 55% for GTE
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Last edited:

Paulowsky21

Premium Member
Name
Paulo Munoz
iRacing ID
My flight roster got shuffled a bit so I'll miss the race on Tuesday. Best of luck!

teddywoods72

Premium Member
Name
Ted Loewendick
iRacing ID
HosTed session is scheduled to launch, Monday @ 7PM ET.
Length: 5 Hours.
Starting State: 50% Usage
Static Conditions.

La sesión está programada para iniciarse el lunes a las 7 p.m. ET.
Duración: 5 horas.
Estado inicial de la pista: 50% de uso
Condiciones estáticas.
Round1.png

westracing01

Name
Michael Ross
iRacing ID
Thank you, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU Ted for the hosted practice last night.

That was absolutely CRUCIAL to finding anything remotely close to the pace. I haven't run this config of Nurburgring in a LONG time and that last chicane is really catching me out. I did a quick shake down earlier in the day but rolling off the virtual hauler over a half second down wasn't going to cut it.

This is definitely going to be harder than I thought running a car that doesn't run in the official series 🤪

Hardest part is not having a telemetry benchmark to work from, but I'm stubborn and I will cling to my beloved Ford with rabid tenacity until iRacing gets rid of it.

All the players were there last night I believe and the times are, as one would imagine with this league, very close on race pace. 0.4s spread across the top 7 cars I think.

Running 60% fuel was an interesting choice... 🤔

westracing01

Name
Michael Ross
iRacing ID
Oh son-of-a...

That's what I thought it was but then I saw the practice had 60% and I went to double check I had the right fuel in it and it let me add another gallon and change... Ok, well, that's good. Just jump on a little earlier tonight to make sure I've got the thing where I want it.

Thanks Jerome!

westracing01

Name
Michael Ross
iRacing ID
You aren't kidding. Man, my rig is HOT!

Congrats to Don on the win and Rafael for rounding out the Podium. That was a tough break with the LMP2 and the Slow Down. You were fast as hell at the end of that race and stole fastest lap I think.

Unsure on this 45 minute gig. On the one hand I like it because the car happens to work better on low fuel and it's easier on these tires, on the other hand the short time leads to more aggressive moves we haven't seen usually. I agree with Rafael in his interview that Sebring is not a track for those sort of antics.

Still, after running it out of fuel here last season, I'll take 2nd and go to Sebring. There's a lot new with this old car that I'm still working out. Tire wear and the adjustable diff are definitely presenting challenges. I tried some stuff in the pre-race practice and I think I learned some things that will work well going forward.

One thing is clear, traffic management is more important than ever. Pretty sure Don and I were pretty close on pace, I just couldn't gain anything, and Rafael was faster there at the end. Promising season coming for sure.

rrusso

Premium Member
Name
Rafael Russo
iRacing ID
Mixed feelings yesterday....as me and my teammates are focused on Sebring 12h, i didnt had too many practice time for Nurb, so i had low expectations

Turns out that i had a good pace, very similar to Don and Michael, and after practice and my pole, i was really confident that i could win that, knowing of course that i would have to battle a lot with the boys...wont be easy, but a lot of personal mistakes took me out of the battle

First i hitted an lmp2 on lap 2 wich cost me the P1....i didnt expected the lmp2 dive in that turn, specially because we had a large straight right ahead...anyway the mistake is mine...i assume that

After a few laps trying to chase Don and avoid loosing time to the lmp2's...i had a slow down at the final chicane...and that slow down hurts...its almost 3s....

Went back behind EJ, who did an amazing job defending the position...i got a little ansious and did some risky moves, wich is not my style...so im sorry EJ to scary u at some moments

After pits went back in P3 but didnt have time to chase Michael, so P3 with bonus points for pole and best lap, but with the feeling that frustation that my mistakes could cost a even better result

About the short format: it provides more aggressiveness from the drivers because of the time...1 hour provides a more strategic race...now its different...i believe for who watch its better. We just had to be careful with the level of aggressiveness...I saw some risky movements from lmp2's trying to overtake us without loose time....and of course...we (GTE) trying to overtake each other did some risky moves too....so we need to balance that for the next races

Now looking forward to Sebring...a track where a lot of drivers are fast so i expect a great race

IowaRacer

Name
EJ O'Donnell-Lines
iRacing ID
Mixed feelings yesterday....as me and my teammates are focused on Sebring 12h, i didnt had too many practice time for Nurb, so i had low expectations

Turns out that i had a good pace, very similar to Don and Michael, and after practice and my pole, i was really confident that i could win that, knowing of course that i would have to battle a lot with the boys...wont be easy, but a lot of personal mistakes took me out of the battle

First i hitted an lmp2 on lap 2 wich cost me the P1....i didnt expected the lmp2 dive in that turn, specially because we had a large straight right ahead...anyway the mistake is mine...i assume that

After a few laps trying to chase Don and avoid loosing time to the lmp2's...i had a slow down at the final chicane...and that slow down hurts...its almost 3s....

Went back behind EJ, who did an amazing job defending the position...i got a little ansious and did some risky moves, wich is not my style...so im sorry EJ to scary u at some moments

After pits went back in P3 but didnt have time to chase Michael, so P3 with bonus points for pole and best lap, but with the feeling that frustation that my mistakes could cost a even better result

About the short format: it provides more aggressiveness from the drivers because of the time...1 hour provides a more strategic race...now its different...i believe for who watch its better. We just had to be careful with the level of aggressiveness...I saw some risky movements from lmp2's trying to overtake us without loose time....and of course...we (GTE) trying to overtake each other did some risky moves too....so we need to balance that for the next races

Now looking forward to Sebring...a track where a lot of drivers are fast so i expect a great race
No worries on my end man. That was a ton of fun! I pit early hoping you would lose more time with the lmp2's than I would with the slower GTE's but that didn't work out for me... Good race and excited for round 2!

Name
Jennifer McDonald
iRacing ID
Sorry Jen-BTL Motorsports for the light bump on T1
Thanks. I figured it wasnt intentional though unfortunate. overall, I had a rough start with a first lap slowdown (my own fault) that took forever to serve, then the spin In 1. It happens. Looking forward to Sebring and hoping for a better outcome.