Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 1: Long Beach Circuit (Dec 17)

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Long%20Beach.png

Race Time of day: 2020-12-19 12:00 1x
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 11x, DSQ at 20x
Max Fuel: 65%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

mclachlanol

Organizer
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Alright guys, we get the best track to start the season, and finally I get a hometown (or close to hometown) track in iRacing. Just ran it tonight and I'm already in love with it. Attached is the set I have so far. After some practice we were getting into the 1:16s, although I'm sure the fast guys will be in the 1:15s :oops:.

Just a heads up for the new drivers. I try and post the set that I run every week, mostly because I have fun building the sets, but also to help newer drivers or drivers with families that just don't have time to practice. I can't guarantee that the set I have is the best one out there. In fact I'm pretty sure it's not, but it fits my driving style (obviously because I made it) so I use it lol. Feel free to use it, modify it, or ignore it.

Updated

Attachments

• Long_Beach_R2.sto
    1.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Long_Beach_R4.sto
    1.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

MontanAggie

Premium Member
Name
Bart Douglas Cook
iRacing ID
This is my Rookie season. Pretty excited about it. Been testing in the low 1:17s, so I'm still a little slow, but I expect to be, especially to start the season. Very happy that LB is on iRacing now.

Do we ever do open practices? Other than the day of the race, I mean.

mclachlanol

Organizer
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Hi everyone

Iracing League Invites have been sent. Please try and accept the league invite by Wednesday so I can input your car number and assign your PRO/AM title.

MontanAggie

Premium Member
Name
Bart Douglas Cook
iRacing ID
I set up another practice session for 2 hours at Long Beach starting now. All are welcome.

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Figured I would have a go at making a set, there is still time on the table with this. Not as fast as Owens, best I got was a 1:17:6, but don't know enough about the fiddley bits to eek any more out of her. Be careful the first couple of laps as understeer is prevalent. Enjoy and any feedback is appreciated.

dan

Attachments

• LazyGator.sto
    1.6 KB · Views: 0

crich88848

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID
Are people really cutting T5? That has to be a slower line. Only advantage I could see there is if someone is trying to dive bomb someone.

mclachlanol

Organizer
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
I saw a guy cutting last night and he was getting a 1:13.9, he was obviously practicing it.

We will talk about it internally but I'm pretty sure that's not going to be allowed. It's difficult for us to enforce those kind of things though so hopefully iRacing will fix it soon.

FYI the "cut" on turn 7 however seems to be part of the normal line and that should be fine.

We will let you guys know by race day.

Name
Nicholas Johnston
iRacing ID
Are people really cutting T5? That has to be a slower line. Only advantage I could see there is if someone is trying to dive bomb someone.
Cutting T5 is 100% faster, right front almost clipping the wall, left sides never touch curbing. Really quick.
Owen is correct that T7 that is the standard line there.

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
I’m gonna practice jumping the fountain section Dukes of Hazard style. I dare y’all to protest me!