Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 1: Limaland Motorsports Park (09 Jul)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
GT4 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Limaland_Motorsports_Park.png
 ​
Sponsor this circuit for only $6.95 USD

[circuit_7][/circuit_7]​
 ​
Time of day: Night
Heat 1: 12 laps
Heat 2: 12 laps
Featured: 25 laps
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 1

Pre-Race Interview
1. What are your expectations for the first season?
2. How many hours a week are you spending on dirt track? Are you racing in the official iRacing series?
3. What is your favorite dirt track and why?

Eddie Hawks

Premium Member
Name
Eddie Hawks
iRacing ID
To have fun..
2. How many hours a week are you spending on dirt track? Are you racing in the official iRacing series?
None at the moment. Been learning how to race road courses.
No. Been to busy..
USA. Its short and fast. (Just like me) 😀

Rory Collins

Name
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Pre-Race Interview[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. What are your expectations for the first season?[/font]
a: To sling some dirt clods at the peeps in the bleachers.

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2. How many hours a week are you spending on dirt track? Are you racing in the official iRacing series?[/font]
a: Depends on the week but it's usually between 0 and infinity. a part 2: I have a rookie card and have yet to run an official dirt race.

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3. What is your favorite dirt track and why?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]a: I'm guessing you mean in iRacing and not RL. The Grove[/font]

John LaBaff

Premium Member
NASCAR Truck Series 2021/S3
Name
John LaBaff
iRacing ID

Hoping for some fun good racing and to make this series grow like the Tuesday night league

Maybe a total of 6 hrs a week practicing and don't really have the time to race an official series that's why im hopig this takes off

Eldora as that's a track I love running the cushion and lots of room

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2021/S3
GT4 Amateur Series 2021/S3
GT3 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
I expect to flip myself many times. It is my goal, to minimize the flippage.

Just started getting into dirt the past few weeks tbh, so still working on getting some laps in and working my way up.

Eldora, cuz it's Dora!

Also, I'm headed to South Carolina for a 4 day weekend and probably wont be getting back in time for Monday night's race  :(

juampitanoni

Name
Pre-race interview

keep improving in the dirt races
2. How many hours a week do you spend on the dirt track? Are you competing in the official iRacing series?
Approximately 3/4h per week, I'm running in sprint car 360 and 410
knoxville, for being the most similar to the dirt track of my city

sorry for my bad English, translated with google

fotors3

Premium Member
NASCAR Cup Series 2021/S3
Name
Brandon
iRacing ID

It's going to be a huge learning curve but I expect this to improve my skills.

Little at all - maybe 2 hours at the moment. I have done some official races with very poor results.

On iRacing my favorite is either Eldora or Charlotte. Both very fast. In real life, I attend I-55 Raceway which is a hell of a lot of fun to see - and rumor has them putting it in iRacing this year! 

John LaBaff

Premium Member
Name
John LaBaff
iRacing ID
Eddie Hawks said:
Who has the setup for this race. Wud like to run some laps b4 the race

Eddie we are just using the baseline set. if it becomes to much of a hassle we will see what we have for sets for the following race and I will try and post them on Tuesday morning. Please remember this is a trial run for the dirt series and defiantly a trial run for Trevor and I so there will be some changes obviously lol

chatley59

Premium Member
Name
Brenden Chatley2
iRacing ID

To be competitive

If I'm not racing in the Wednesday night truck league, I'm racing the 360s, either practicing or in the official iRacing series

Williams Grove, its my home track and only dirt track I've been to so far.

GameOfJobes

Premium Member
Name
Anthony Jobe
iRacing ID
I appreciate that we are taking suggestions and making changes to the restarts for the next race.

I would vote to stay on the fixed iRacing setups, but one created setup is the same for everybody.

Congratulations on the win Rory!

John LaBaff

Premium Member
Name
John LaBaff
iRacing ID
GameOfJobes said:
I appreciate that we are taking suggestions and making changes to the restarts for the next race.

I would vote to stay on the fixed iRacing setups, but one created setup is the same for everybody.

Congratulations on the win Rory!
i wanna see how the setups work I feel the same about the baseline we were all real close a lot closer then I thought we would be. but like I said we r open for suggestions

Rory Collins

Name
The only thing I've run into with user created fixed setups is that they tend to suit the ones creating them. How else is a guy going to make changes other than what they themselves feel. It's hard to feel what other drivers feel. Ask any RL crew chief lol.
The iRacing sets are more neutral to everybody and can be practiced at anytime. But personally I like open sets.

Thanks Anthony. You definitely were the car to beat.

twhite21x

Premium Member
Name
I like the idea of the fixed setups since everyone is equal and would have plenty of time to race and practice with it. We start sessions at 20% usage so you can adjust the test session to reflect that and maximize your practicing.

Again, we appreciate the suggestions.

John LaBaff

Premium Member
Name
John LaBaff
iRacing ID
Rory Collins said:
The only thing I've run into with user created fixed setups is that they tend to suit the ones creating them. How else is a guy going to make changes other than what they themselves feel. It's hard to feel what other drivers feel. Ask any RL crew chief lol.
The iRacing sets are more neutral to everybody and can be practiced at anytime. But personally I like open sets.

Thanks Anthony. You definitely were the car to beat.
that was what I was thinking also rory is if someone creates a setup I don't think it would be intentional but it would be built to there likings and that would give them a slight edge as where if you use the base set its the same for everyone and practice will make you better but im willing to try  a racers setup 

GameOfJobes

Premium Member
Name
Anthony Jobe
iRacing ID
BTW I like that we start the sessions at 20% track usage and it never resets. The more wore out these tracks get, the better the racing will be!