Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 1: Iowa Speedway - Oval (Dec 22)

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Iowa Speedway - Oval.png

Laps: 115

Sim Date/Time:
2022-04-01 18:10 1x

Last edited by a moderator:

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
@NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S1

Alrighty Crew, tonight we kick off the new round of Seasons for the PRL Trucks. The final 5 minutes of practice I will take over comms in iRacing for a pre-race meeting and will answer any questions out there, but here are some notes for the new crew to keep in mind for tonight:
  • On the initial start and restarts, there is no 3 wide allowed before T1. If there is a restart later in the race and a damage car is slow getting up to speed, then it is allowed to make a move on that car. Overall, this rule is mainly to prevent "Kyle Busching" the start. Lets keep it smooth and not cause any immediate cautions.
  • All cautions are automatically reviewed by the Stewards. If you feel like there was a situation for the Stewards to address that did not cause a caution, please submit a protest form.
  • No funny business on pit road. Keep right when traveling, hold a steady speed, and no just driving thru pit boxes endlessly (you are allowed 5 stalls entering and leaving).
  • When we get to green flag pit stops, call it out over iRacing chat that you are going to pit to avoid getting run over. Give enough time for those behind you to prepare. If you don't call it out and slow on the racing line and get hit, you are at fault.
  • Black Flags
    • Basic speeding on pit road or crossing the apron line too soon will not be cleared
    • If you dive onto pit road to avoid an incident and speed, we will clear that free of charge. Same with unsafe pit entry if you enter pit road late to miss a wreck. If anyone pits in this kind of scenario, the black flag will not be cleared.
    • Passing under yellow will be cleared because the penalty to be served under green is ridiculous. If your flag is cleared and it was due to someone else's negligence, you will keep your spot. If you made a mistake incidentally, you will be given and EOL for the restart, but no penalty to be served under green.
    • Don't lollygag catching up to the pace car. If you are hurt and need an EOL, call it out. If the person behind you needs to pass and they are no where to be found, just go ahead and catch up to the pack and we will clear the black flag.
  • Keep comms cool and collected. It is ok to coordinate with someone, call out pit stops, lapped cars talking with lead lap cars on where they should go, and any good natured comments. Lets try not to keep it clogged up with chat, especially during pit stops when peeps need to communicate. When a wreck happens, feel free to call it out where it is on track. After that, the next comms should be the leaders calling out where the pace car is. After we are all coordinated, if someone wants to apologize, that's cool. But I will not have arguing or endless salt in my chats.

Those are some of the more needed basics for the league. We have 115 laps tonight. Keep it green and lets get that round of green flag pits stops. There is plenty of time for peeps to get to where they need to go, so lets be smart and patient early when are all grouped up. I took the time to write all of this out on Sunday and not only did someone's poor decision making put me on my f*cking roof on the first lap of the race, but the caution flag flew way too many times to due avoidable contact and the race went to the timer instead of laps. Trucks shined last season with reducing cautions. I am counting on you all tonight to do the right thing and lets put on a fun broadcast and not a cautionfest.

C.M. Pennington

Premium Member
Name
Charles M. Pennington
iRacing ID
After tonights race I'm feeling disconnected. Congrats to Abner for a kinda lucky win (like he needs it). Holly got a lil bad luck and some made good use of old rubber. Heck one car went to the moon and back. But allas there were to many cautions in the second half. Bunch of new drivers to get to know so on a track like Iowa I guess it when pretty good. At least my team mate managed to finish on the lead lap. WTG Dalton!

Paul48

Premium Member
Name
Thomas Sink
iRacing ID
After tonights race I'm feeling disconnected. Congrats to Abner for a kinda lucky win (like he needs it). Holly got a lil bad luck and some made good use of old rubber. Heck one car went to the moon and back. But allas there were to many cautions in the second half. Bunch of new drivers to get to know so on a track like Iowa I guess it when pretty good. At least my team mate managed to finish on the lead lap. WTG Dalton!
CM your improvement has been next to none. You're starting to get it on track. I feel safer racing you then most right now. Last night was frustrating. I saw so many stupid moves, that need to be squared away before joining a league. There were at least three last night I would of purposely wrecked to get them off the track, if there wasn't reprimand to follow. Keep up the work and show most of the newbies how it's done.

Paul48

Premium Member
Name
Thomas Sink
iRacing ID
Apologies chatley59 for shoving you up into the wall down the straight. my spotter either didn't say car high or I didn't hear it, so I was trying to fall in line. wasn't intentional.
I've had it not tell me several times over the years. It's very likely the case if you didn't hear anything.

DEvans51

Premium Member
Name
Jeff Evans
iRacing ID
CM your improvement has been next to none. You're starting to get it on track. I feel safer racing you then most right now. Last night was frustrating. I saw so many stupid moves, that need to be squared away before joining a league. There were at least three last night I would of purposely wrecked to get them off the track, if there wasn't reprimand to follow. Keep up the work and show most of the newbies how it's done.
Just to add to this, CM how many laps were we running door to door next to each other in practice Tuesday night? 15 or 20 atleast? I said it after one of the later races last season and I'll say it again, the improvement you've shown in such a short time has been really impressive, and it hasn't gone unnoticed. I was actually really looking forward to seeing how your race went after that practice run on Tuesday, so I hated hearing what happened to you at the beginning of the race.

Keep it up!

C.M. Pennington

Premium Member
Name
Charles M. Pennington
iRacing ID
Well thank you Thomas. I've only raced two seasons at PRL so I'm still a rookie. However I am feeling much more comfortable on the track. Getting to know the other drivers and what to expect from them helps. I've also improved my pitting and am now avoiding the mistakes I was making there. Now these disconnection problems I've been having are killing me. Still don't know whats causing this problem. As far as the newbies, well I remember when I first joined. I'd won some official races and thought I'd come in to PRL and run right up front with the big dogs. I was quickly humbled and learned that I need to learn. For me I'm still in that process. But this league is a great place for it. We are blessed with a strong group of clean hard racers here and just running with them is an opportunity to learn and get better. Heck I learned a bunch about Iowa's racing lines this week at practice. I got behind Mr. Holly and just paid attention. So to the new folks and some have already shown to have speed. Keep your cool, don't over drive it and don't cause wrecks. We love green flag racing here. Wishing the best for all PRL members, love racing with you all and have a Merry Christmas.

C.M. Pennington

Premium Member
Name
Charles M. Pennington
iRacing ID
Just to add to this, CM how many laps were we running door to door next to each other in practice Tuesday night? 15 or 20 atleast? I said it after one of the later races last season and I'll say it again, the improvement you've shown in such a short time has been really impressive, and it hasn't gone unnoticed. I was actually really looking forward to seeing how your race went after that practice run on Tuesday, so I hated hearing what happened to you at the beginning of the race.

Keep it up!
Well yeah....I had the high line. If you'd have had it you'd have walked away from me. Brad showed me how to run up top earlier in practice. It's really tuff to pass down low on equal tires. I was glad it was you down there.

C.M. Pennington

Premium Member
Name
Charles M. Pennington
iRacing ID
Well yeah....I had the high line. If you'd have had it you'd have walked away from me. Brad showed me how to run up top earlier in practice. It's really tuff to pass down low on equal tires. I was glad it was you down there.
Oh......and as I remember you did finally get by me when I messed up on entry by just a little bit.

Kemosobie03

Premium Member
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S2
Name
Patrick Cowgill
iRacing ID
After two seasons you can't really consider yourself a rookie anymore. Still not a veteran by any means, but definitely not a rookie anymore. Just saying

C.M. Pennington

Premium Member
Name
Charles M. Pennington
iRacing ID
After two seasons you can't really consider yourself a rookie anymore. Still not a veteran by any means, but definitely not a rookie anymore. Just saying
First year is a rookie the way I see it. So I should have yellow tape on the rear bumper for two more seasons. But hey it is nice to see you still care about the truck series. Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas.

DEvans51

Premium Member
Name
Jeff Evans
iRacing ID
True, but 15-20 or however many laps like that shows a good amount of consistency. All it takes is one slip out of a corner or a bit of door banging to cut that short, and it never came. Neither did the pass on the inside, was a learning moment for me haha

Daltonfallen

Premium Member
Name
Dalton Geyer
iRacing ID
Thanks, Tm8. It coulda been better, coulda been worse. Things got really tough out there later on. I saved a near self-spin caution by drifting it down through the grass, thank the lord for that paved runoff by the pit wall. Got caught up in a wreck a few laps later, pitted for damage, then my connection took a dump so I went a lap down waiting in my pit stall for it to come back to me. It seems I have a knack for getting the last lucky dog before the race ends under caution tho lol.

Jose Medina

Premium Member
Name
jose medina
iRacing ID
Merry Christmas to everyone God Bless & be safe . Hang in there C.M. Pennington This is the Best organized league out there with a lot of clean drivers & admin that do a fabulous Job that you do not see in other leagues Plus GSRC Broadcasting simply to me the best very professional . I'm slow a lot of practice needed but hopefully soon i'll make more time & improve . It's been a pleasure to race with everyone in PRL thank you for giving me a chance even though i still have a way to go .

James Duerr

Premium Member
Name
James J.Duerr
iRacing ID
I reached out to a couple guys through FB and messenger last night to offer an apology for a couple incidents.
I ended B.Hilton's driving career and instead he became a pilot. What a spectacular crash. iRacing really need to fix that. It should not have been race ending contact.
And then there is the inc. with B.Chatley. Although I've been assured by a few drivers that what happened was net code, I personally didn't look at the replay post race, I was just sick about it and I wanted to offer you my apology. I am sorry. Net code or not, I hated that it happened.

+ 1 to Jose's thoughts. GSRC does an amazing job, 2nd to none, not that I have seen. But I'll say the same for the PRL admins, organizers as well.
I began getting serious about sim racing again in 2019, and found PRL in the fall of '20. I had come and gone from numerous league's prior. Some are still around and some aren't. I left everyone of them for the same reason. Week in week out the same guys making the same risky moves, dumb moves, etc. and the league ignoring it. I've always thought if you are going to build something you have to monitor it always or it just gets away from you. I think it was my second week with PRL that I found out they stay on top of things. I lost my cool with another driver and I did something stupid. Charles let me know in no uncertain terms that there was a system in place to deal with on track incidents, or conflicts and he was not about to tolerate my s__t! I RESPECT THAT, and if that is across the board to all drivers here, well this is definitely the league I want to be in. Unfortunately 2021 I missed a ton of racing for numerous reasons, So I can't claim "most improved driver" (congrats C.M.) but that is the title I am shooting for in '22. I'm signed up for 3 series now and plan do get as close to 100% attendance as possible (excluding dirt) No replacement for seat time! I even joined the MX5's to work on my right turn skill, or lack thereof. I think racing against some of you week in week out, you have no choice but to get better. Striving to run with the guys up front every week is the best challenge of myself or my skill that I can think of.
Sorry much more long winded than I had intended but the most important thing I wanted to say was...
MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you.
I can't believe '21 is nearly behind us, and look forward to seeing you all on track in 2022.

Last edited:

C.M. Pennington

Premium Member
Name
Charles M. Pennington
iRacing ID
I reached out to a couple guys through FB and messenger last night to offer an apology for a couple incidents.
I ended B.Hilton's driving career and instead he became a pilot. What a spectacular crash. iRacing really need to fix that. It should not have been race ending contact.
And then there is the inc. with B.Chatley. Although I've been assured by a few drivers that what happened was net code, I personally didn't look at the replay post race, I was just sick about it and I wanted to offer you my apology. I am sorry. Net code or not, I hated that it happened.

+ 1 to Jose's thoughts. GSRC does an amazing job, 2nd to none, not that I have seen. But I'll say the same for the PRL admins, organizers as well.
I began getting serious about sim racing again in 2019, and found PRL in the fall of '20. I had come and gone from numerous league's prior. Some are still around and some aren't. I left everyone of them for the same reason. Week in week out the same guys making the same risky moves, dumb moves, etc. and the league ignoring it. I've always thought if you are going to build something you have to monitor it always or it just gets away from you. I think it was my second week with PRL that I found out they stay on top of things. I lost my cool with another driver and I did something stupid. Charles let me know in no uncertain terms that there was a system in place to deal with on track incidents, or conflicts and he was not about to tolerate my s__t! I RESPECT THAT, and if that is across the board to all drivers here, well this is definitely the league I want to be in. Unfortunately 2021 I missed a ton of racing for numerous reasons, So I can't claim "most improved driver" (congrats C.M.) but that is the title I am shooting for in '22. I'm signed up for 3 series now and plan do get as close to 100% attendance as possible (excluding dirt) I even joined the MX5's to work on my right turn skill level. I think racing against some of you week in week out, you have no choice but to get better. Striving to run with the guys up front every week is the best challenge of myself or my skill that I can think of.
Sorry much more long winded than I had intended but the most important thing I wanted to say was...
MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you.
I can't believe '21 is nearly behind us, and look forward to seeing you all on track in 2022.
Yeah......You nailed it with this post. I think most who have been around here for a time would agree. As for the admins. well they had to deal with some tuff situations from the cup race Sunday. We all need to consider all they do so we can have a great league here. It's up to us to not put them positions they don't want to have to deal with. But they will deal with it in a measured way. Wreck someone with intent you may be shown the door. So yeah you are right James.....I've been around for a couple of season and the admins have done a solid job the whole time. And Charles's season ending recaps are top notch.