Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 1: Detroit Grand Prix at Belle Isle (19 Jun)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Belle_Isle.png
  ​
Broadcast this race for $50 USD

[broadcast_50][/broadcast_50]​
 ​
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3UE_9mv0ZA&feature=youtu.be​
 ​
Time of day: Afternoon
Max. incidents: 30
Race length: 45 minutes
Max. fuel: 50%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-Race Interview
1. New Season! What are your expectations this season!?
2. What are your thoughts on the new coming Belle-Isle?
3. What is being your car selection? Have you bought the new Porsche? What are your thought on the new Porsche?

TRG

Director
Staff member
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2021/S4
Formula 3 Series 2021/S4
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Sadly, I will have to miss this race as I will be out of town on vacation!

I will be at all other races.

HugoG

Name
Hugo Galaz
iRacing ID
I will have to miss this race as I will out of city on vacation in Spain
See you in SPA

shawnkenning

Name
1. Not sure what to expect this season. So many more/new drivers. A bit of a bummer that we weren't able to run "classes" based on IR but understandable. We'll see how many people stick around and run the whole season.
2. So far in the IMSA races, it's been a bit of havoc. Not much chance to pass and easy to get mixed up in someone else's problem. When you can just churn laps, I like it. There just isn't any room for error.
3. I think the Porsche drives and looks great. Pretty easy to get up to speed.

mclachlanol

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2021/S4
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
1. Going to be a fun season with all the drivers, although the first race at Detroit is going to be tough. A lot of fast drivers so I'm just hoping to be in the top 10.
2. I love the challenge of this track, just got to stay out of trouble. Qualifying may get messy with that many cars on the track (but that's also part of the fun). The only thing I'm worried about is a blocked track so definitely need to qualify as high as you can.
3. I'm sticking with Ferrari, I was considering go with the RSR but I feel like I know the Ferrari better. 

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
boxster233 said:
How do we know if we'll make the cut for the race? I'm interested in joining these races but didn't make the cutoff.

If you are on the waiting list, you must wait till I contact you via email. As soon as a driver miss two races in a row in the 5 first race, you may be contacted. So unfortunately, it's sure you can't race for Round 1.

Be sure to watch your email every week! 

MrCaringi

Name
1. New Season! What are your expectations this season!?
I want to enjoy it, take it easy, and finish all the race without incidents, after looking the names of this season, I think I could be lucky if I got a top 15 in the champioship

2. What are your thoughts on the new coming Belle-Isle?
I hate it at first glance, it took me almost 45min to make a lap without crashing... now I think I love it, really fun to drive! specially the last part

3. What is being your car selection? Have you bought the new Porsche? What are your thought on the new Porsche?
I like the Porshe very much, But I wont have the time to practice as much as last season, I've chosen the Ferrari because I think I know it better.

Gary Schilling

Premium Member
Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
Sorry to anyone that might have got caught up with my disconnects.
Sim Commander took a dump. Once I got back in I found my Accuforce had disconnected and I ran whatever laps I could with no FFB.

Mark Phile

Premium Member
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
Tuff race for me, put a super conservative setup on car to keep the fenders on it and not take damage, so there for i was very slow  :? . I didn’t qualify well at all, and I basically could only hang with some cars and go for the ride of follow the Leader. I had some great laps with Evan Poust, and Aaron Thacker during the race! Evan when we did pit stops I absolutely had no clue you had came out of pits on my right and if I squeezed you im sorry, your engine sound actually startled me and I cracked throttle  :eek:. Aaron our final lap battle heading into turn 3 i had locked them up and could not keep it inside where I wanted to, for that my apologies bud, never intended on squeezing you off. I owe ya a spot next race! Im very impressed with how well the race went, i thought  chaos was what it would be, and it wasn’t at all, good job guys!!!

athacker

Name
Mark Phile said:
Tuff race for me, put a super conservative setup on car to keep the fenders on it and not take damage, so there for i was very slow  :? . I didn’t qualify well at all, and I basically could only hang with some cars and go for the ride of follow the Leader. I had some great laps with Evan Poust, and Aaron Thacker during the race! Evan when we did pit stops I absolutely had no clue you had came out of pits on my right and if I squeezed you im sorry, your engine sound actually startled me and I cracked throttle  :eek:. Aaron our final lap battle heading into turn 3 i had locked them up and could not keep it inside where I wanted to, for that my apologies bud, never intended on squeezing you off. I owe ya a spot next race! Im very impressed with how well the race went, i thought  chaos was what it would be, and it wasn’t at all, good job guys!!!

No worries, Mark! And appreciate the apology though not needed - outside pass is not the ideal line there but last lap I figured I'd give it a go :). Here was my POV from the race and very disappointed in my driving: one self spin (thanks for everyone avoiding me :roll:) and another incident in fateful Turn 3. Cristobal, I am sorry if you feel I pinched you exiting Turn 3. 1). I thought you had room 2). I thought I was clear. 

We plan to stream every and I'll do my best to post the completed stream here. Fun series and fantastic group of drivers!

[youtube]Z-hKNSWNYQc[/youtube]

C_Valenzuela

Name
athacker said:
No worries, Mark! And appreciate the apology though not needed - outside pass is not the ideal line there but last lap I figured I'd give it a go :). Here was my POV from the race and very disappointed in my driving: one self spin (thanks for everyone avoiding me :roll:) and another incident in fateful Turn 3. Cristobal, I am sorry if you feel I pinched you exiting Turn 3. 1). I thought you had room 2). I thought I was clear. 

We plan to stream every and I'll do my best to post the completed stream here. Fun series and fantastic group of drivers!

[youtube]Z-hKNSWNYQc[/youtube]

Hi all, well this was a hard one, not finding the right setup, specially in braking. I was able to gain some places but we made contact in turn 3 and it was over. No problem man, racing incident :). Hope to have better time at the next one!
Greetings!.

Pittenger5

Name
Good job to everyone involved. That race had the potential of being a shitshow, but we all managed to drive clean to start the race, incidents were minimal, and importantly, those that had mid race incidents didn't cause more by unsafely trying to get going again. Just goes to show what a good bunch of people we have in this league.

SharkV

Manager
Staff member
MX-5 Cup Series 2021/S4
Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
Great season start. Couldn’t ask more. Clean racing.

For myself, from 26th to 18th in 5 or 6 laps until I made myself the “GM VP that crash out of 2”. Had damage to both left wheels with 25 mins of repairs with 27 mins left in the race

Carsten Quint

Premium Member
Name
Carsten Quint
iRacing ID
Glad to make it to the end of that one. I could never find any pace at this track. Tapped the wall coming out of T2 on lap 4 or 5 trying to get a good run on the guy ahead. Bent my steering a bit which made all right turns difficult for the rest of the race. Slowed me down by about 2.5 seconds a lap so I just tried to stay out of everyones way as best as I could. Had a couple awkard situations while getting lapped, but hopefully I didn't mess up anyones race. Good job everyone keeping it pretty clean out there. I'm really looking forward to Spa. See you guys next week.

shawnkenning

Name
I wonder from Daniel and Cristian, how bad were your cars hurt in that crash? They didn't look that bad from outside and they seemed to run pretty well.

Kenny Duval

Name
All of you guys did a fantastic job last night. This is probably the single most demanding track in terms of mental focus in the service. Lots of good clean racing to be seen everywhere last night. Good battles going on all over the place....

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Yes indeed guys! You can't know how proud I am of this series. You guys are just awesome!! This is simply the best series! :D

Phyrexius

Name
Fantastic race from what I saw on the broadcast. I didn't think I had the pace to keep up with Daniel and Cristian so I was happy with sitting behind Cameron and just having a good battle with him but after I got past him I realized I did have the pace to keep up but by then it was too late  :roll: 
Ah well, on to Spa next week! A track I'm much more comfortable with than Detroit. :twisted: