Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 1: Daytona International Speedway / Afternoon - Oval (Apr 9)

PRL-Sammy H

Premium Member

Sponsor this circuit for only $6.95 USD

[circuit_7][/circuit_7]​

Race Length: 95 Laps
Start Type: Rolling
Fuel Amount: 60%
Track State: 25%
Clean Marbles: No
Weather: iRacing Dynamic Weather
Time of Day: Afternoon

Pre-Race Interview:
1. With the season kicking off this weekend what is the plan for you and your teammate for Season 6 in the Xfinity Series?
2.  Some members expressed interest in longer seasons.  If you had a choice to extend our Xfinity Series what would be your magic number of races to want?
3.  With week 1 being Daytona how much are you planning to work with your teammate in the draft and do you have a plan to work with any specific driver that isn't your teammate?

Link for Daytona:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OizfiGZUA1c

PRL-Sammy H

Premium Member
1.  For Eddie and I we decided to team up this season as we both were unsure about how many races we might miss.  We did not want to effect any other teammate we would of had in the team championship race.  I think for Eddie and I both we just want to finish better than we did last season.  I finished 3 out of 12 races last season, by far my worst season ever.

2.  If I could extend the season to a magic number I think it would be 18.  I think that is about as far as I want to go.  Honestly though, I think what we have now at 12 is just right, it's not to long, not to short, and offers a little bit of everything as far as tracks go.

3.  I plan to try and work with Eddie as much as possible.  He and I have different strategies when it comes to plate racing but for sure if we are near each other we are going to take it to the front.  If I had to choose others to work with I will not share it here and give my strategy away, Lol!

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
1. With the season kicking off this weekend what is the plan for you and your teammate for Season 6 in the Xfinity Series?
I think that Charles has very strong pace and I've asked him to join my team to coach me. Since I'm new to Oval, Charles will help me to improve and I'll try as much as possible to be in the top 10 by the end of the season. But I have a lot grouds to go! I'm not worried about Charles :p As he showed last season, he is consistancy in the top 5!

2.  Some members expressed interest in longer seasons.  If you had a choice to extend our Xfinity Series what would be your magic number of races to want?
Personnaly, I don't think it's a good idea to extend the season. I think 12 is the perfect balance. As we noticed season after season, the attendance is lower at the end of the season... So if in example we increase to 20 or 25 races, I predict a very low turnout around round 15 till the end. By keeping it at 12, we are keeping the "hype" throughout the season!

3.  With week 1 being Daytona how much are you planning to work with your teammate in the draft and do you have a plan to work with any specific driver that isn't your teammate?
My only plan is to stay safe!! This will be my first race with the group and I'll take it very easy. So I don't have any specific plan. If I can help my teammate, of course I'll do as he has way better chance than me to get a decent result.

Jeffery Ford

Premium Member

Make all the races. If we do we will be fighting fir a team championship.

2. Some members expressed interest in longer seasons. If you had a choice to extend our Xfinity Series what would be your magic number of races to want?

16 races. 12 races then the last 4 races utilizing a chase format.

3. With week 1 being Daytona how much are you planning to work with your teammate in the draft and do you have a plan to work with any specific driver that isn't your teammate?

If I find myself around Colton we will be working together. The las few times at restrictive plate tracks we seemed to have good speed. If I had to work with another driver my choice would be Steve Mattocks for the same reason. But realistically most times you don't have a real choice. I'm going to push as many guys as I can so I have more friends then enemies. No way am I racing around Brandon though.

Jeffery Ford

Premium Member
--Practice Tonight (Thursday)--

Session Opens: 9pm est
Qualifying: 11pm est
Race: 20 Laps

Password: PRL

ONE QUICK REPAIR

Didn't post in practice thread because it's locked. If an admin could move this then that be great.

SharkV

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
Hi,

- New teammate for me, teaming with Tripp.  Like I told him, no expections, just try try to finnishes races as high as we can, and points will pile up.

- Not sure on that, may be 16 races.  I've been there for 2 full seasons, and participations tends to go down last 2 or 3 races.

- No specific plan, trying to work with him, but anything can happens in this kind of race and you have to be able to work with everybody that are near you.

To have fun racing, and try to get some pretty good finishes. Hopefully we will work together well and pull off some good stuff together!

16. I think a 12 race regular season, and a 4 race chase would be fun.

Daytona is literally in my backyard in real life, and I know the track like the back of my hand and all sorts of strategies when it comes to working the draft. I'll be sharing these with my teammate, and hopefully it'll result in a 1-2 finish! Cooperation between other drivers is also important at Daytona if you want to actually finish the race, so there will be some work with other guys based upon how their strategy appears to work with ours.

ColtonLayne

Premium Member
Full Name
Colton Layne
iRacing ID
1. Hopefully getting some top 5s and maybe squeak a win in somewhere.

2. I like it the way it is but am not opposed to the 16 race season some are proposing.

3. Hopefully we will get hooked up and move to the front early on. I can work with just about anybody but I dont think I have a preference.

Jeffery Ford

Premium Member
Jeffery Ford said:
--Practice Tonight (Thursday)--

Session Opens: 9pm est
Qualifying:        11pm est
Race:                  20 Laps

Password: PRL

ONE QUICK REPAIR

Didn't post in practice thread because it's locked.  If an admin could move this then that be great.

Practice/Race Session is up

DaleRHolman

If we're together, we'll work together, and if we're far away, we can get together later in the race. Survival will be important.
22. We might be able to do a chase if we had 22 races.
I've worked with lots of people in the past, and anyone that can help me get to the front is favorable to draft with, but you know. If it works out, I can draft with my teammate.

RangerPhenix

Premium Member
1. Planning on continuing where I left off from last season. Only this season I hope to compete for the team championship and get some consistent finishes.
2. Not really sure about that. I wouldn't want to go longer unless there was more incentive to show up to each race under a longer season. Either way longer would be interesting to see and race in.
3. Ideally I'd want to get familiar with how everyone drives, not just my teammate. I'm willing to work with anyone up until the last corner on the last lap.

smattocks

Make all the races. 

2. Some members expressed interest in longer seasons. If you had a choice to extend our Xfinity Series what would be your magic number of races to want?

16 races. 12 races then the last 4 races utilizing a chase format.

3. With week 1 being Daytona how much are you planning to work with your teammate in the draft and do you have a plan to work with any specific driver that isn't your teammate?

When/if the opportunity presents itself my plan is to hook up with teammate, go to the front , and stay in the front.  However, I will push as many guys as i can so as to make them fast and maybe I can make a friend or two.
Thanks for the vote of confidence Jeff.

Eric Roberts

Premium Member
New teammate this season so hoping to work with Craig and make the top teams nervous.

Nothing too much longer maybe 14?

Been racing with most of you for 2 or 3 seasons now so, working together with most anyone is an option. Would like to hook up with my teammate and get both cars a nice finish.

EHopkins

1: Our plan is like all other teams, get acquainted early and compete for that team championship! As long as we race consistently I think we have a shot!
2: I prefer the 12 race season but if we had to go longer I might add only 2 more.
3: if we are together I'll do my best to ensure we both end up with a good finish but ultimately, superspeedway racing is what it is, you need to race safe and make sure you are going the right direction and stay out of trouble.

Chatterbox

Go out and make a name for ourselves as Big Block SRT is a under dog team.
I like the number of races we have but I would like do to a full schedule if my time allows it.
We will see about it.

David White19

Premium Member
1. My plan is to finish the season in the top 15. My team mate is as fast as anyone in the league. If we can do what we did at a couple of races last season, we can compete for the team championship.

2. 12 seems to be the magic number. If we did extend, I would like to see it at 15 and make the last three a chase type format.

3. with 30 other cars on the track, working with my own teammate will be difficult. My plan for Daytona is to work with the drivers that are around me to work myself into a position to win. If I can work with my team mate, I will do what I an to push him to the front.