Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2023 Season 1 Signups now open to all !

Hi Guest, Signups for 2023 Season 1 are now open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Round 1: Circuit Park Zandvoort - Grand Prix (Mar 19)

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
GT4 Fixed Series 2022/S4
GT4 Fixed Series 2023/S1
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Circuit Park Zandvoort_GP.png

Race Time of day: 2020-03-21 12:50 1x
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 11x, DSQ at 20x
Max Fuel: 50%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-Race Interview:

1- Welcome to another season in the F3! Sure to be another action packed season, we have many returning drivers as well as some new faces.  Can any of the "young guns" take it to the returning vets?  Where do you think you will stack up this season?

2- We are starting the season off at Zandvoort.  How do you like this car & track combo?

3- How important do you feel your qualifying effort will be here?  Will it make or break your finish?

elpeos

Name
Hi guys,

I'm quite new to this track and did some testing. Till sofar i'm able to get a opt. laptime of 1.31.7. I know theres alot to improve, but i was wondering whats a decent laptime at this track, so i can compare?

mclachlanol

Organizer
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Hard to say, but I think if you can get into the 30s with race pace you will be doing ok. Fast guys will be in the 28s. There should be a couple of sets available soon in the iracing forums.

ShadowNinjaPug

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S4
Formula 3 Series 2023/S1
Name
Raymond Deux
iRacing ID
I am new to this track as well and ran maybe 30 laps a few days ago with a set for Brands Hatch and my my optimal is low 29's. With an optimized set and more laps, I think I can get into 28's for sure. This was with full fuel mid 90's temp track.

elpeos

Name
ShadowNinjaPug said:
I am new to this track as well and ran maybe 30 laps a few days ago with a set for Brands Hatch and my my optimal is low 29's. With an optimized set and more laps, I think I can get into 28's for sure. This was with full fuel mid 90's temp track.

Hmmm ok... I got the feeling the set im using isnt working out that well. I'm pushing like crazy, did over 100 laps and its hard to get under 1:32. And im not the worse driver.
U maybe want to share your setup, or can i get a decent one somewhere?

mclachlanol

Organizer
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Look in the forum for sets posted by Suellio, maybe from Brands Hatch last season. That's a good place to start. He may post a new set for this track this weekend.

Practice will start at 9am sim time but the race will be at noon sim so likely it will be a hot track.

elpeos

Name
mclachlanol said:
Look in the forum for sets posted by Suellio, maybe from Brands Hatch last season. That's a good place to start. He may post a new set for this track this weekend.

Practice will start at 9am sim time but the race will be at noon sim so likely it will be a hot track.

Ok thamks man!

ShadowNinjaPug

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S4
Formula 3 Series 2023/S1
Name
Raymond Deux
iRacing ID
elpeos said:
ShadowNinjaPug said:

Hmmm ok... I got the feeling the set im using isnt working out that well. I'm pushing like crazy, did over 100 laps and its hard to get under 1:32. And im not the worse driver.
U maybe want to share your setup, or can i get a decent one somewhere?
Its the VRS set, I don't have permission to share it.

Gunner

Organizer
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Pre-Race Interview is up!

Also, please note we will have a drivers meeting 5 minutes or so before qualifying starts with some important notes for the upcoming season. In order to hear Owens seductive voice, please be prepared to park your car and listen in!

bonaduce

Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Gunner said:
 In order to hear Owens seductive voice, please be prepared to park your car and listen in!

Thanks for the reminder, now I got to get the scented candles out, a glass of red, and lean back to the subtle nuances of OOOOOOWEN!
Yes I am a sick and deranged man.

JFMatte

Name
Jean-Francois Matte
iRacing ID
I won't be able to make for a while, I work for the Quebec Public health and it's absolute madness, if needed I can leave my spot to someone else. Have fun !

Bad Santa

Premium Member
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S4
Formula 3 Series 2022/S4
GT3 Sprint Series 2023/S1
Formula 3 Series 2023/S1
Name
Bret Thurman
iRacing ID
SORRY for my radio indiscretion!  :oops:

J Addison

Name
Well that was a learning experience last night. :shock: Kidding aside thanks to PRL admins for the event and series looks like its going to be a good one. For me I was a bit taken by surprise when I came into Q session. I expected it to be private Q session ala IRacing. Some 38 cars on that small circuit thru me for a loop.  :roll: Just never was able to get a solid run in so parked it and decided to try and pick my way thru the pack.
Well that actually worked with help from that big shlmazzel on lap 1. Made my way up to P-25 I think from dead last but I think I clipped someones debris making my way thru that early wreck because car was really pulling left and I was fighting it all the way from there. I pitted for fuel early thinking it may balance the car more but it only got worse and I suddenly was spinning the back around and really slowing too much so decided to park it and call it a night before I caused an issue.  
Great stuff though and look forward to a hard fought season. 
On a side note I noticed a few cars in front of me flashing and disappearing and returning as well as bouncing around. Not sure what was causing it. On my end i have highest speed service they will give me and my rig is pretty high end. My ping last night looked good. So not sure. Just noting it.

P

Paul Joseph Clist

1- Welcome to another season in the F3! Sure to be another action packed season, we have many returning drivers as well as some new faces. Can any of the "young guns" take it to the returning vets? Where do you think you will stack up this season?
I should be a back-runner this season due to trying a new community and will be trying to find my speed in the action-packed as i am a new face to the league...

2- We are starting the season off at Zandvoort. How do you like this car & track combo?
I have a nice set-up but the track is hard to overtake in the F3 car as it very little turns and will cause to crash out if you overtake on the wrong turn..

3- How important do you feel your qualifying effort will be here? Will it make or break your finish?
A lot? Due to it hard to overtake.

SamuelHermer

Name
The commentators said I 'didn't show up for the post race interview' but I had no idea where I was supposed to 'turn up' to? Can anyone enlighten me in the vain hope I get the opportunity again??

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
GT4 Fixed Series 2022/S4
GT4 Fixed Series 2023/S1
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
SamuelHermer said:
The commentators said I 'didn't show up for the post race interview' but I had no idea where I was supposed to 'turn up' to? Can anyone enlighten me in the vain hope I get the opportunity again??

I have added the information in the broadcast links thread.