Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 1: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - Classic Pits (20 Dec)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Spa-Francorchamps - Classic Pit.png

Time of day: Afternoon
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: 24
Max. Fuel: 40%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-race interview:

1- New season, new car, and new faces!  What are your goals and expectations for the season, and what is your strategy to achieve them?

2- With this season being our first to be broadcast, are you going to let it affect how you drive or approach a race?  Will you be slightly more conservative to keep it clean, or drive it like you stole it to be in that spotlight?

3- I won't ask if you like Spa, everyone likes Spa!  But, how do you approach this track?  Do you prefer to run a higher down force package and kill it in the middle sector, or run low down force and be a rocket on the straights?

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
So I was told there would be free setups lol also, is this one of those cars that one setup is good enough for every track?

Gunner

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
DEADZERO said:
So I was told there would be free setups lol also, is this one of those cars that one setup is good enough for every track?

I will post one that I have today. You will definitely be wanting to use different setups on different tracks this season. Spa is a bit unique, as you can make both a low downforce and a medium downforce setup work here.

iRacing now has a baseline setup avaible for each track in this car. I have tried them out on a few tracks, and they seem pretty good if you want something stable. I would start with them and see if they fit your style, and tweak a bit from there. 

Gunner

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Pre- race interview is up!

Also, attached is a setup I might be using for this race ( I still can't make my mind up!)  It is a low downforce set, so you can make up a lot of time on the straights, but have to really be on it in the middle sector to put together a fast lap.  The iRacing baseline for Spa is much higher downforce, and very safe to drive around, so I am considering something based off that as well.  It is found in the garage, under iRacing setups.

Cheers!

Attachments

• SpaV2.1.sto
    1.2 KB · Views: 9

SuperHawk

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Michael Overbay
iRacing ID
Chris, 
I posted a setup a couple of weeks ago. I will repost it here. This set I ran last night in the session also. Quickest time was 2:13.5 in this set up.  I usually start the run in the 14's and work down to the 13's by the end of the stint. The first couple of laps are bit slick but once the tires heat up its much better.

Attachments

• PRL_Spa_Radical.sto
    1.2 KB · Views: 12

crich88848

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]1- New season, new car, and new faces!  What are your goals and expectations for the season, and what is your strategy to achieve them?[/font]
Be consistent and when all else fails... BEAT PAUL.

But seriously.. I just need to stay out of my own way as usual. Pay my respects to the racing Gods.

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif] 2- With this season being our first to be broadcast, are you going to let it affect how you drive or approach a race?  Will you be slightly more conservative to keep it clean, or drive it like you stole it to be in that spotlight?[/font]
Drive it like I stole it... I know nothing else. Balls to the wall. I leave it all out on the track. 

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif] 3- I won't ask if you like Spa, everyone likes Spa!  But, how do you approach this track?  Do you prefer to run a higher down force package and kill it in the middle sector, or run low down force and be a rocket on the straights?[/font]
I seem to be doing better with a medium downforce setup. I can't make up enough in the corners to justify a low DF setup on this track.

mclachlanol

Organizer
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
1. I'm just hoping to finish the race. There are going to be some tracks I'm competitive at and others I'm not but as long as I can at least finish every race it will be a win for me.

2. Doesn't matter to me, I don't even notice when it's broadcasted.

3. Med-DF might be better for the race especially at the start when all the Low-DF guys will be struggling. But that Low-DF set is really quick on those straights which could make passing easier.

Thanks Matt and Mike for the sets! It does look like for this season Iracing added custom sets for every track too so there hopefully should be lots of options for everyone.

mclachlanol

Organizer
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
2:13s? Dam you guys are quick. The best I got so far is 2:15 flat. I'm not sure if I have ever been competitive here so this may be just a survival race for me  :|

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
1: just to have fun, maybe try not to be last all the time

2: I don't think I can get any more conservative, I already drive like an old man on a hoverround

3: Love a good spa day, as for the line I just try to stay between them. Setup? what is this evil that you speak of, blasphemy you heathan, in league with satan you silly human. Honestly will most likely run baseline.

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
1- New season, new car, and new faces! What are your goals and expectations for the season, and what is your strategy to achieve them?

Beat my main nemesis Matt and new one Chris. Strategy... well it's in the team name! Any takers?

2- With this season being our first to be broadcast, are you going to let it affect how you drive or approach a race? Will you be slightly more conservative to keep it clean, or drive it like you stole it to be in that spotlight?

Camera likes crashes!

3- I won't ask if you like Spa, everyone likes Spa! But, how do you approach this track? Do you prefer to run a higher down force package and kill it in the middle sector, or run low down force and be a rocket on the straights?

NO DOWNFORCE!!!! And I am one of the few that just can't get a decent run at Spa so like Owen this will be a rough one for C4C.

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1- New season, new car, and new faces!  What are your goals and expectations for the season, and what is your strategy to achieve them?[/font]
My goal is to get noticed and get in the top 10 by the end of the season. I want to make a name for myself that if you see me behind you, I won't let you pull away easily or if I'm in front, you'll have to work for my spot. Also, are you talking about me Paul? Or the other Chris? Or am I exclusively Gritz?

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2- With this season being our first to be broadcast, are you going to let it affect how you drive or approach a race?  Will you be slightly more conservative to keep it clean, or drive it like you stole it to be in that spotlight?[/font]
I will drive about the same as last season. I learned to avoid collisions better and I will develop a setup that won't let me lock up so much as that was the reason I collided into other drivers last season. With a comfortable setup, you should see me pushing the limits and try to get every position I reach.

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3- I won't ask if you like Spa, everyone likes Spa!  But, how do you approach this track?  Do you prefer to run a higher down force package and kill it in the middle sector, or run low down force and be a rocket on the straights?[/font]
I haven't done any testing yet but I expect to be in the high downforce group, rather be safe anand consistent in the turns than fast on the straights.... even though half the track is straights lol 

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
7 seconds off the fast lap, party in my pit spot.  Korean or TexMex on the grill

Kenny Duval

Name
Kenny Duval
iRacing ID
1- New season, new car, and new faces!  What are your goals and expectations for the season, and what is your strategy to achieve them?

Have fun...try not to die...same as always...

2- With this season being our first to be broadcast, are you going to let it affect how you drive or approach a race?  Will you be slightly more conservative to keep it clean, or drive it like you stole it to be in that spotlight?

Define conservative...

3- I won't ask if you like Spa, everyone likes Spa!  But, how do you approach this track?  Do you prefer to run a higher down force package and kill it in the middle sector, or run low down force and be a rocket on the straights?

I can neither confirm nor deny any downforce levels that I may or may not be running...

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
DEADZERO said:
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1- New season, new car, and new faces!  What are your goals and expectations for the season, and what is your strategy to achieve them?[/font]
My goal is to get noticed and get in the top 10 by the end of the season. I want to make a name for myself that if you see me behind you, I won't let you pull away easily or if I'm in front, you'll have to work for my spot. Also, are you talking about me Paul? Or the other Chris? Or am I exclusively Gritz?

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2- With this season being our first to be broadcast, are you going to let it affect how you drive or approach a race?  Will you be slightly more conservative to keep it clean, or drive it like you stole it to be in that spotlight?[/font]
I will drive about the same as last season. I learned to avoid collisions better and I will develop a setup that won't let me lock up so much as that was the reason I collided into other drivers last season. With a comfortable setup, you should see me pushing the limits and try to get every position I reach.

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3- I won't ask if you like Spa, everyone likes Spa!  But, how do you approach this track?  Do you prefer to run a higher down force package and kill it in the middle sector, or run low down force and be a rocket on the straights?[/font]
I haven't done any testing yet but I expect to be in the high downforce group, rather be safe anand consistent in the turns than fast on the straights.... even though half the track is straights lol 

Sorry Gritz I meant the other Chris as he called me out like a little... What yo *** Chris cuz im GONNA GEET IT!!!

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
Pre-race interview:

1- New season, new car, and new faces! What are your goals and expectations for the season, and what is your strategy to achieve them?

It’s been a long off season around here. My racing brain has kinda been flipped off. With so many new faces it would be impossible to say where i might end up in the standings. I could arrive fresh and ready to drive or i could be an unprepared mess. Who knows, that’s the fun, yeah? But this season I’m pretty focused on the team championship. I intend to do my usual tortoise thing and give good support for Chrisy Rich and the rest of the B&W Flag family.

2- With this season being our first to be broadcast, are you going to let it affect how you drive or approach a race? Will you be slightly more conservative to keep it clean, or drive it like you stole it to be in that spotlight?

Well ahhhh, i think i would be lieing if i said it wouldn’t affect things. There’s just that much more to play for out there isn’t it? I’m still approaching the races as i always do. I plan on keeping it on track to secure the safe points. I’ll probably be a menace on Lap 1 and then again when i get lapped. Keeping it clean has been my speciality, but don’t expect me to be a push over on live TV. If i get a chance to make the highlight reel I’m gonna take it.

3- I won't ask if you like Spa, everyone likes Spa! But, how do you approach this track? Do you prefer to run a higher down force package and kill it in the middle sector, or run low down force and be a rocket on the straights?

For sure, i tend to favor stability in the corners vs speed on the straights. But I’m looking for hand outs when i comes to set ups, so beggars can’t be choosers.