Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 1: Chicagoland Speedway (16 Dec)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Chicagoland Speedway - Oval.png

Time of Day: Afternoon
Race Length: 150 laps
Max Incidents: 13
Max. Fuel: 100%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-race Interview!

1. Welcome back! What did you spend time doing between seasons to get your racing fix? 
2. Around how much time do you take to prepare for these races? Do you run official races to get practice in or just privately test? 
3. This race will be the only one we run until January thanks to the holiday break. What are your plans for the holidays? 

hdarner

Name
1. Welcome back! What did you spend time doing between seasons to get your racing fix?

I ran some week 13 races.

2. Around how much time do you take to prepare for these races? Do you run official races to get practice in or just privately test? 

I spend between 10 - 20 hours each week in practice. (Not that it shows on race day) I run several test sessions and some official races.

3. This race will be the only one we run until January thanks to the holiday break. What are your plans for the holidays?

I will be traveling down to NC to the in-laws.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
1. I cought a really nasty bug, so I didn't do much of anything over the break.

2. I have not spent enough time practicing in the past. I want that to change with this season and to increase my overall speed. I like to do official lobbies, that way I find there is more value in knowing what the car can do in traffic vs solo testing. I know I won't have the single lap speed at some of the great drivers in this league, so I try to dedicate myself to race pace.

3. I am off from Dec 21st to Jan 3rd. I'm definitely hitting the sim a good chunk. Especially since my wife will be working, and the kids will be wrapped up in their Christmas gifts lol

fotors3

Premium Member
Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
REMINDER:

We will have a driver's meeting 20 minutes before practice is over (8p est). Please be on Discord.

fotors3

Premium Member
Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
Alright guys, pretty good race. I saw a lot of clean racing and give and take. I did see some issues. Lapped cars need to give some room to the leaders. I saw some guys doing that and it caused some issues. Please do not do that.

Also, under yellow: do NOT scrub your tires. We had to remove a driver for doing that, messing around, and hitting another car which ruined his race. We won't be tolerating that. 

Other than that stuff, good racing. See you guys in 2 weeks. 

soupflakes

Name
Yup not too shabby of a first race. As you can all see we like having fun but remember during the race people need to focus, once practice is over we need to race hard and clean, which for the most part we did very well tonight!

One thing to mention, you MUST be in our discord to be part of our league. You can feel free to turn down our volume and during the race we need to make sure we keep somewhat quiet, but you have to be in discord. Just a friendly reminder, we will start enforcing the penalty next week.

Good race everyone. All have a wonderful Christmas!

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Holy crap the audio is way off on my stream from last night. I stream from a laptop and race from desktop using an Elgato capture card. I don't understand how the one discord server I'm in with Aaron was fine, but the league discord server the audio was incredibly delayed. So my stream doesn't make a whole lot of sense at times with the way some of the guys seemed to be talking way after the fact lol

I have the audio set up so its smooth on my commentary nights based on the consoles, so I'll have to work on that.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Yup, copyright kicks in on certain songs and it becomes quite time lol