Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 1: Bristol Motor Speedway - Dirt (Mar 24)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Bristol.png

Race Length: 10 Lap Heats / 70 Lap Main
Max Incidents: 24
Fuel Limit: 100%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Last edited by a moderator:

fergy

Premium Member
Full Name
Daniel Ferguson
iRacing ID
Quick clarification for tomorrow, do we need a D 2.0 safety rating in dirt oval for the race?

nochin87

Premium Member
Full Name
Joshua Canova
iRacing ID
Yes. Any non oval track needs to have a D 2.0 in that discipline. So D 2.0 in dirt oval for tomorrow, a D 2.0 in road for any road course
Guess Chinless monkey racing is gonna have to sit out bristol, neither one of us have done much with dirt so we are both rookies in dirt.

crocbait

Premium Member
Full Name
Marcus Miller
iRacing ID
I guess I'm out too, never raced dirt before today. Did my first two today. My first ever race I finished 2nd in sprint car (I didn't know it didn't count towards safety rating). I finished 2nd by way of driving it around like a farm tractor and watching the fast drivers crash. It was hilarious! I guess I'll see ya at the make believe track.

Hootius

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
@NASCAR Truck Series 2021/S2

Hey Crew, tonight is the night! Tonight is obviously a little different with it being dirt. There will be a 2 lap solo session (only 3 mins instead over the normal 5) to set the Pole that will award the bonus points. Then just like in the real truck race, we will do Heat races to set the Main starting order. There will be no LCQ or roster cuts. There will be a 5 min warmup before the Main to give those in the early Heats a chance to get back in a groove. The Main is set so there will be no need to pit for fuel as we want to avoid green flag stops with this combo.

Our Steward/Penalty structure is in place tonight, so no using the track surface as an excuse to try to get out of causing trouble. We will be human about as we can as this isn't exactly our norm, but it is also our goal to not make this a pace lap fest tonight, so get those practice laps in. For the Heats and Main, the track will refresh to 50% usage.

Also for our Toyota drivers, don't be worried about your setup having an altered name tonight. There was a bug and the original set fails tech in testing and hosted sessions. The setup for altered Toyota set matches the Ford and Chevys so we are all set tonight.

Last edited:

Kemosobie03

Premium Member
Full Name
Patrick Cowgill
iRacing ID
I guess I'm out too, never raced dirt before today. Did my first two today. My first ever race I finished 2nd in sprint car (I didn't know it didn't count towards safety rating). I finished 2nd by way of driving it around like a farm tractor and watching the fast drivers crash. It was hilarious! I guess I'll see ya at the make believe track.
If you still have a rookie license, I believe the only way to increase SR and get out of rookie is to run the rookie dirt street stocks. The 305 sprints are D class and therefore won't count towards getting out of rookie.

John LaBaff

Premium Member
Full Name
John LaBaff
iRacing ID
well hopefully yall check out the cuations for when i was wrecked 3 diffrent times and then on the restart a lap car slows up and goes high so then i get a black. No point in even finishing

Jose Medina

Premium Member
Full Name
jose medina
iRacing ID
Damm I'm sorry but i don't practice enough or i mean not at all at Dirt & i don't want to be the cause of a wreck or yellow so i'll set this one out sorry.
Nevermind LMAO !! I put my Tombstone boots on & said let's go stop being scared . Glad i did my best to stay clean & off other drivers & SLOW again.