Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 1: Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Grand Prix (Mar 25)

Gunner

Organizer
Full Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Open wheel cars if you get hit in the rear right in the middle, that is you gear box, and it will affect your top speed, the rest of the car can seem fine. someone tapped me in that mess and I had a 8 seconds repair when I pitted, that means my rear end got damaged, even though it didn't look like it on screen.
This would be rear wing/aero damage. An 8 second repair is to replace a wing, whether the sim models the damage or not. To my knowledge, there is no way to damage your engine/ gearbox slightly. It is either catastrophic failure, or nothing.

Threefiver

Premium Member
Full Name
Dave Peterson
iRacing ID
With this number of cars I'm hoping that T1 isn't going to be sucking for a few minutes this season because the schedule is awesome. I am curious what the number threshold is to put it back to separate series like it was when I first joined this league.... too late now I guess and I do enjoy running against the Pro guys, but me thinks patience is going to have to be a virtue this season more than most.

As I told my team mates last night, the next time we run here with this many cars I think that everyone starting in the left lane should have to take the overshoot at the chicane (winding through the slow down barriers) and everyone in the right lane take the proper chicane....... :D

Long Beach should be interesting.....lol

thesavvyninja

Premium Member
Full Name
Aaron Roufs
iRacing ID
This would be rear wing/aero damage. An 8 second repair is to replace a wing, whether the sim models the damage or not. To my knowledge, there is no way to damage your engine/ gearbox slightly. It is either catastrophic failure, or nothing.
yes, I know about the rear wing repair. I also know about what I am talking about. if you get undercarriage damage, it will replace the rear wing, but that doesn't actually fix everything. I know what lap times I was running and I could get no where close to those times, even after the replaced rear wing. I wasn't waay off my lines either.

Last edited:

Gunner

Organizer
Full Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
yes, I know about the rear wing repair. I also know about what I am talking about. if you get undercarriage damage, it will replace the rear wing, but that doesn't actually fix everything. I know what lap times I was running and I could get no where close to those times, even after the replaced rear wing. I wasn't waay off my lines either.
Ok. I will agree with you that if you get undercarriage/floor/rear diffuser damage that it will not be repaired and definitely slow lap times. I was referring more to the engine damage wording causing some misunderstanding I think then. I still belive from what I read that you won't lose horsepower with an engine hit. Radiators and lines can rupture and "leak" (no fluids are modeled onto the track) and your oil or water Temps will rise. If continued, the engine will blow.

ghuard

Premium Member
Full Name
Guillaume Huard
iRacing ID
Hi guys,
Is there any place where ou chat before/after race?
I'm in the discord but there is no chat or speech channel that there is people in...
Is there a facebook group or something?

TRG

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
This is confusing. We've gone from engine damage, to gearbox, to aero/floor/etc... So which is it? Naturally, you'd have to assume that this information would be available beyond what someone posts on the internet...no? I'd love to see the source of where you got the information for you to be in the position to say you know what you're talking about. That statement alone doesn't add any validity or credibility to the claim.

ghuard What kind of chat are you looking for? Some of us have our own private discords for banter during the race. PM me.