Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 1: Australia - Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit (28Mar18 @ 9pm EDT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Australia.png

Pre-Race Interview
1. What are your expectations for Australia? Rain or no rain?
2. Have you watch the first F1 race at Melbourne? Thoughts?
3. After the pre-season after, are you satisfied with the constructor choice you made?

Bobino12

Premium Member
Rain would be fun. We didn't have rain very often last season. It has a leveling effect on the grid.
Bottas's accident in Qualif was pretty scary and reminds me that this corner is pretty tricky like some others. Very happy for the Ferrari win because I prefer Vettel over Hamilton.
3. After the pre-season race, are you satisfied with the constructor choice you made?
Of course, McLaren is a very beautiful and good car. The sound of the Honda engine is pretty unique.

Zephyr

PLEASE NO RAIN. Im very slow in the rain especially in Australia.

its tonight so IDK yet. From what ive seen in qualifying, its looks like its going to be a close season. Even with the "Party Mode", it will be close because they dont use that mode in the races.

3. After the pre-season, are you satisfied with the constructor choice you made?
yes, im excited for this season. If i can be consistent and not DNF i feel Renault can make a fight for 3rd in the constructors.

nael

Less mistake from myself, and please no rain.
McLaren is back!
3. After the pre-season after, are you satisfied with the constructor choice you made?
Totally.

piboye

Pre-Race Interview
I'm hoping for some good points, but Australia is usually one of my weaker circuits. I'll say a little rain during one session.

Yes....and I am extremely gutted by Haas's fiasco. They were on to get their best points finish when they lost it all in the pits. Although historically their best finishes has been at Melbourne, it looks like they have a stable, fast car that will regularly get points through the season. I just worry about their inexperience with all the other small details (strategy calls and the like).

I think I prefer the engine sounds of the Mercedes and Ferrari over the Renault, but I like the Red Bull car well enough.

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
I hope no rain! But I'm so slow that maybe rain will help me hahaha. Melbourne is my favorite F1 track but in this game, corner cuts are ridiculous at Melbourne so I think the key is to avoid corner cuts warning!

Vettel is soooo lucky... Doesn't deserve to win and makes me hate the VSC... Raikkonen deservce a P2 and Hamilton the win. So far it was a good race though. Very disappointed about Haas!! Can't believe!

I've been in the Mercedes the last 3 season I've been of part of in APCC, so I'm kind of use to it. I would have like to have a different constructor this season, but Darklol can't drive other car LOL :p

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Copper Piston said:
Is this league full already? Also is it broadcasted?

Yes we still have places available. More information here: http://precisionracingleague.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=1498

No unfortunately, it's not broadcasted.

Sucuri

Prefer dry, but an inter period would be fun.

Yes, it was awesome! Still can't believe they add commercials in the middle of the race, drives me insane, Acestream to the rescue once more! 

Absolutely! the RB feels solid.

Tron and I had a few 5 lap runs, look at the lap times, its exactly the same, down to the thousands...

Attachments

• 515220_screenshots_20180327213451_1.jpg
    515220_screenshots_20180327213451_1.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 129

DEADZERO

Premium Member
New update for F1 2017. Over 100Mb and it fixes problems we never had and as we know, when Codemasters fixes one bug, 2 more come up (Funny how their company name is Code"masters"). Lets have a practice race to test the new patch before the race. Maybe they accidentally fixed safety cars??

Patch Notes:
[font=Motiva Sans, sans-serif]http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=515220[/font]

Sucuri

Full patch notes,
"Patch 1.13 is due to be released at 10am BST this morning. Here are the patch notes for this update:

- Fixed bug where the AI pits every lap after multiple weather transitions
- Fixed bug where players will spawn on top of each other on the grid if posting the same time in an online qualifying session
- Reduced chance of collision occurring when cars intersect due to network latency"

Hopefully this stops people running into each other because of lag.

patlessard

Premium Member
Pre-Race Interview
1. What are your expectations for Australia? Rain or no rain? Finish the race , a dry one !!!!
2. Have you watch the first F1 race at Melbourne? Thoughts? too early to judge
3. After the pre-season after, are you satisfied with the constructor choice you made?yes I am !

DEADZERO

Premium Member
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/9ef5a969-aea6-42c3-b117-d60fd956e4f7

Here are my results from my speed test using my phones data. I feel like this isnt good enough. Especially if someone calls or texts or an app sends me notifications.

Another website I found that seems to give more accurate results according to reviews:
My land line:
http://speedtest.xfinity.com/results/JFBIQ4SUDBQBSJE

My phones data:
http://speedtest.xfinity.com/results/JFBIT54F6PZT4V8

I chose Nashville because Chicago isnt on the list and Nashville is farther from me. As you can see the upload is barely different.

DEADZERO

Premium Member
True. But I was racing Kub the entire race and that made it bearable. Racing alone sucks but with someone on the same skill level, not bad.