Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 2 Signups are open !

GT3 Sportscar Series is now full but we still have room in the Tuesday LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series for our sportscar enthusiasts.

For our NASCAR Drivers, we have a few more spots in the Sunday Cup Series and the Wednesday Truck Series is closed.

Our open wheel Indy Pro 2000 series also has a few spots left for Season 2.

Round 1: Australia - Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit (28Mar18 @ 8:15pm AEDT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID

Last Season's Results:
1st: kartdude45
2nd: Maznat87
3rd: El_Majacko
Pole: kartdude45 (1.22.172)
FL: danielson343 (1.24.848)

Pre-Race Questions:
1. The new season is upon us! What are your goals for this campaign?
2. Albert Park is a track the divides opinion, what do you think of the circuit?
3. Do you feel safe driving a virtual F1 without a halo?
How are you fitting into your new team (or if you are at the same team; will you have an advantage due to familiarity)?

HSVDT_15

Ideally I would like a top 5 by the end of the season, if not higher

2. Albert Park is a track the divides opinion, what do you think of the circuit?

Not my favourite, but there are worse ones out there

Silly question, next.

4. How are you fitting into your new team (or if you are at the same team; will you have an advantage due to familiarity)?

Fitting in great, love my team-mate

El_Majacko

Premium Member
Repeat last season, only without the blip at Monza.
Great question, no, I feel I need a big bloody donut above my nut to reduce the incredible danger.
4. How are you fitting into your new team (or if you are at the same team; will you have an advantage due to familiarity)?
Mercedes is certainly different to Sauber. We shall see how it goes.

Maznat87

Top 3/Fighting for the championship.

For me it’s a love hate relationship.

No!

I like bananas and I have the best team mate full stop

Good luck to me I hope everyone else crashes out đŸ˜‰

HSVDT_15

Q: 10th

Made a mistake on my first lap, and lost bundles of time on my second thanks to a blow fly in my party chat  ;)

R: 5th

All in all, not too bad given my qualifying position. Made a decent start which included being shoved onto the grass by pure down the front straight. Made a few passing attempts on pure which were all knocked back as he cut down across me when I was well alongside, earning my first warning for corner cutting in an effort to avoid contact. Eventually passed him when he made a mistake, and starting bearing down on Jacko before the stops. Lost time on my in-lap and came out behind cars doing a long first stint, which brought nemo onto my tail. We had an awesome battle until about 8 to go when he lost the car and damaged my wing at the last corner. From there it was a painful drive to the end with lap times being 2 seconds off the pace. Nemo eventually retired which gave 5th back and SABER had an off which secured the position.

Looking forward to China!

El_Majacko

Premium Member
Q: 5th
Had a poor banker, and on my only other lap heavily crashed at T12.

R: 4th
Compromised by grid position I was careful to avoid stewart on the opening lap as he spun at T1. OP lost it soon after and I was pressuring kartude who also made an error giving me his position briefly before I made a scary error at T12 giving it straight back. I let dani by later in the stint as I struggled badly, almost coming under pressure from HSV. My strategy got me out of trouble from those behind but I couldn't catch the podium runners. Its been a while since I've missed the podium, especially when through a lack of pace. Thankfully, Albert Park is out of the way now, and I can long forward to several strong tracks in the coming weeks.