Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 2 Signups are open !

GT3 Sportscar Series is now full but we still have room in the Tuesday LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series for our sportscar enthusiasts.

For our NASCAR Drivers, we have a few more spots in the Sunday Cup Series and the Wednesday Truck Series is closed.

Our open wheel Indy Pro 2000 series also has a few spots left for Season 2.

Round 1: Australia - Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit (27Sep17 @ 8:15pm AEST)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID

Last Season's Results (F1 2014):
1st: STYLN18
2nd: El_Majacko
3rd: Dubzzy__
Pole: danirox88 (1.25.059)
Fastest Lap: STYLN18 (1.27.564)

Pre-race Questions by El_Majacko!

1. Round 1 is finally upon us. Who will record the season opening pole position and with what time?
2. We saw three different winners in the three pre-season races (Jacko, dani and kart). Will we see another different winner in Melbourne, or will one of those contenders win again?
3. Which team will emerge from the first round with the initial constructor's lead?
4. What is your aim for the race (victory/podium/points/other)?

El_Majacko

Premium Member
1. Round 1 is finally upon us. Who will record the season opening pole position and with what time?
This is an incredibly tough prediction given we've had three different pre-season pole sitters, and many more contenders. My guess therefore is going to be HSV with a 1.22.1.
2. We saw three different winners in the three pre-season races (Jacko, dani and kart). Will we see another different winner in Melbourne, or will one of those contenders win again?
As with pole position, this is difficult once again. I hope one of the Saubers can repeat their success and I'll say dani will see that possibility to come true.
3. Which team will emerge from the first round with the initial constructor's lead?
At the moment I see Sauber and Force India as the main contenders. I think dani and I will put Sauber in the lead, let's be confident!
My aim is always to maximize my potential. I'll be happy with a podium, but if the win's there for the taking I'd be disappointed if I didn't take it.

danirox88

Premium Member
I think it's difficult to say exactly who will get pole but I'm going to guess a low 1:22. 

I'll try my best but again there's a lot of new drivers on the grid this season, it'll be interesting to see where everyone slots in. I'm going to guess that Jacko will win. 

Sauber obviously  ;)

My aim is to drive my absolute best and finish well. A victory would be nice  :p but I'm not counting on it. 

HSVDT_15

I peaked in the first preseason race but haven't managed to go anywhere near those heights since, so Jacko, you're dreaming.
I'm going to predict kartdude with a low to mid 1:22

I think one of those three will win again. Two of them seem hesitant to predict themselves so it appears to be anyone's for the taking

I would have said Ferrari this time two weeks ago, but seeing as murph unfortunately had to pull out, I'm a lone wolf going into the season. So I'll say Sauber.

My aim is always to win, even during periods when I knew even a podium was asking for a lot. That being said, a top 5 would please me.

kartdude45

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. Round 1 is finally upon us. Who will record the season opening pole position and with what time?
Difficult to say, but i suspect a pole time will be in the mid 1.22's.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2. We saw three different winners in the three pre-season races (Jacko, dani and kart). Will we see another different winner [/font][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]in Melbourne, or will one of those contenders win again?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Id honestly love to say that you wont see another winner, cause im going to win, but this field seems to be very competitive and anyone could really realistically win, but with a one-stop a solid qualifying will be crucial. My Prediction is that we will have at least one of the preseason winners on the podium at least. [/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3. Which team will emerge from the first round with the initial constructor's lead?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Constructors are not an aim for me or BK, but if we did come out with the lead, it would mean we both had good individual races which are probably more important. [/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]4. What is your aim for the race (victory/podium/points/other)?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Just to have a clean race, The championship cannot be won in the first race but can certainly be made difficult with a bad start to the season. [/font]

El_Majacko

Premium Member
Q: 5th
No where. Had been practicing in the 21s and just had a shocker of a session.

R: 3rd
Overtook cars up to 2nd by the end of sector 1, but ForceWhan appeared ahead. I was all over kartdude and much quicker but didn't want to risk a pass. I went for an undercut as I believed I would exit in front of dreglar, which I did, but danielson was yet to pit and ahead on softs. He braked so early that I had to avoid down the inside and went off. I spun back on and lost some of my wing on dreglar. The damage was too severe to continue to the end as planned (which would have been an easy win given ForceWhan's later demise) so I pitted. I emerged well outside the points and passed both Mercedes (one of whom crashed in a very strange incident where he brushed up against me and spun), Wayne let me through (thanks), then several cars pitted. I ran 4th when the stops were done, but had to hold off dreglar who had fitted ultras. He sent a couple of divebombs down the inside at turn 3, the second of which saw us off into the gravel and losing out to craig. dreglar and craig touched through 11 and 12 which allowed me to swoop back passed both drivers. I assume dreglar had damage because he fell back, and when ForceWhan lagged out, I was promoted to 3rd behind eventual podium sitters, kartdude and Maznat. Congratulations to kart. You have to be in the right spot at the right time to luck into such wins when you aren't the quickest.

ForceWhan

fuckin shit race, i deserved to win that, no matter what the circumstances, led all the way to lap 24 just for my internet to turn to shit & ruin it all, i passed for the lead on lap one, on my screen & on maz mats but its whatever, i removed myself of the chat last night after being angry, add me back yeh

El_Majacko

Premium Member
ForceWhan said:
fuckin **** race, i deserved to win that, no matter what the circumstances, led all the way to lap 24 just for my internet to turn to **** & ruin it all, i passed for the lead on lap one, on my screen & on maz mats but its whatever, i removed myself of the chat last night after being angry, add me back yeh

I love how you censored some words but not the first profanity lol! Easy on though, you certainly deserved a podium, but I'm sure kartdude would have attempted a defensive move if he could see you on lap 1. I added you back to the chat, that sort of bad luck happens sometimes, I hope for you sake it doesn't persist.

kartdude45

Q: Pole! Was not my fastest lap, but on the night, it was good enough to get pole by 2 tenths which I was surprised about but was great to draw first blood in the championship. 

Race. 1st. Got an okay start, but fended off what I thought was the lead on the first lap to then have force jump ahead on lag which was slightly annoying, and he held his lead while I did not have the best pace as the tyres were fading on the ultras, but knew I had to maintain 2nd, even when Jacko was all over me. I could of let him go but it's not my job to look after his race. So he then went for the undercut, which i did the opposite and stayed out 2 more laps to him and one for force, which dropped me off a few seconds. I had a 2 stopping dregs behind me who was eager to get passed and made an ambitious maneuver into turn 1 which could have ended us both, by this point I knew force had the race down and focused on sealing a well-deserved second. Until the heavens open up and he dropped out allowing me to gain the lead, and cruise for the win. 
Fun fact, this was my first win on PRL since f1 2013 I believe. in all, happy to get the win and the 25 points but force deserved it more than me. as he had the better race and look forward to hopefully "not being the fastest again" and getting pole and a win at the next one. 

Nemo9n

ELMajcko with a 1.22.1
I think kartdude will win as he has been using resource points to make him faster.
Hopefully force India
Just to finish a win would be great of course but i think top 5. Ive a had a great day at work so hopefully i can have a great way to end the day with a top 5 finish

El_Majacko

Premium Member
Nemo9n said:
ELMajcko with a 1.22.1
I think kartdude will win as he has been using resource points to make him faster.
Hopefully force India
Just to finish a win would be great of course but i think top 5. Ive a had a great day at work so hopefully i can have a great way to end the day with a top 5 finish

This event has already run! At least you got the winner correct lol.