Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2023 Season 1 Signups now open to all !

Hi Guest, Signups for 2023 Season 1 are now open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Round 1: Australia - Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit (27Mar19 @ 9pm EDT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Australia.png

Last Season's Results: 
1st: Darklol
2nd: Tron4949
3rd: Megaman
Pole: Darklol (01:20.856)
FL: Darklol (01:24.713)

Darklol

League Owner
Staff member
Name
Marco Oliveira
iRacing ID
Hey everyone !

Make sure you guys add L'Acadien on Steam. He will be the host for this season as well as one of the organisers. Like I posted previously I will only race a few races here and there this season since I have family duties now which doesn't give me the time to race anymore. I will try to come tonight, I will confirm before the race.

LAcadien

Name
My game crashed.. i think it's because of my steering wheel software.. i will race next week without it to find out. I will do the results as soon i will get the race results screenshots

Fruitsalsa

Name
I had a weird thing happen to me last night. At some point while following the safety car, Jeff started talking about a failure of the DRS system or something like that and that they "will work on a fix remotely", but I was not paying attention since I was talking with my teammate. However, once I checked the MFD, I saw that my rear wing was now Orange/Red, which I guess was confirming what Jeff was talking about...

This never happened to me in the last season, but I remember that I think Zephyr had the same situation happen to him once. Is that possible that we reactivated a setting without noticing it when L'Acadien created yesterday's session?

These kinds of "random damage" occurences are so lame in the context of multiplayer races... Would it be possible to turn this off for the next races?

It has nothing to do with me retiring of yesterday's race however, my wrecked car was entirely my fault as I got surprised from the lack of grip and spun in the first corner of the "relaunch" lap, with fresh soft tyre that were refrigerated to 80 degrees after 4 laps behind the safety car...

moogleslam

Premium Member
Name
Hey Fruitsalsa, there's no setting to disable random failures unfortunately, and I had my DRS fail at least a couple of times last season.  I agree that it's ridiculous for leagues.

patlessard

Name
Fruitsalsa said:
I had a weird thing happen to me last night. At some point while following the safety car, Jeff started talking about a failure of the DRS system or something like that and that they "will work on a fix remotely", but I was not paying attention since I was talking with my teammate. However, once I checked the MFD, I saw that my rear wing was now Orange/Red, which I guess was confirming what Jeff was talking about...

This never happened to me in the last season, but I remember that I think Zephyr had the same situation happen to him once. Is that possible that we reactivated a setting without noticing it when L'Acadien created yesterday's session?

These kinds of "random damage" occurences are so lame in the context of multiplayer races... Would it be possible to turn this off for the next races?

It has nothing to do with me retiring of yesterday's race however, my wrecked car was entirely my fault as I got surprised from the lack of grip and spun in the first corner of the "relaunch" lap, with fresh soft tyre that were refrigerated to 80 degrees after 4 laps behind the safety car...

I was wondering what happened to you !! you were right behind me 

Am I the only one who nearly fainted when I saw the safety car coming out ???

Fruitsalsa

Name
patlessard said:
I was wondering what happened to you !! you were right behind me 

I know, it was such a dumb accident... Exactly like Grosjean in Baku last year...

I would have loved to continue the race, I had a much better pace than last season in the same track. I was looking forward to those battles after the SC came in!

Bobino12

Name
During season 14 in Hungary, there was a malfunction with my DRS during the race and the flap was kept open for several laps. Jeff told me to pit to repair it but I didn't want to lose time.

Would you imagine driving on that twisty track with the rear wing fully open ?

On a previous race during the same season (Montreal ?), that was the opposite because my DRS refused to open during the first 5 minutes of qualifying. Again, Jeff told me they were working on the problem. My teammate never had that kind of problem during the season. I suppose I just picked the wrong number and maybe it's your turn Fruitsalsa...?

Fruitsalsa

Name
Bobino12 said:
During season 14 in Hungary, there was a malfunction with my DRS during the race and the flap was kept open for several laps. Jeff told me to pit to repair it but I didn't want to lose time.

Would you imagine driving on that twisty track with the rear wing fully open ?

On a previous race during the same season (Montreal ?), that was the opposite because my DRS refused to open during the first 5 minutes of qualifying. Again, Jeff told me they were working on the problem. My teammate never had that kind of problem during the season. I suppose I just picked the wrong number and maybe it's your turn Fruitsalsa...?

I sincerely hope it is not the case...

Plasmaraider

Name
A little later than usual but heres my view of the race, was really hoping for a win but darks pace on the softs was just too much for me to handle.

Race starts at 27:00

https://youtu.be/bMf1Nrx_DxE

Fruitsalsa

Name
Plasmaraider said:
A little later than usual but heres my view of the race, was really hoping for a win but darks pace on the softs was just too much for me to handle.

That was close with Dark in the end! Do you still race with that Ferrari toy wheel?

Plasmaraider

Name
Fruitsalsa said:
Plasmaraider said:

That was close with Dark in the end! Do you still race with that Ferrari toy wheel?

Not anymore haha, i have a much better, much more upgraded wheel. Thrustmaster TX servo, T3PA-pro pedals, and a ferrari F1 rim

Zephyr

Premium Member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 3 Series 2023/S1
Name
Ryan Kings
iRacing ID
[youtube]wOrHxhNTDZM[/youtube]

Zephyr

Premium Member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 3 Series 2023/S1
Name
Ryan Kings
iRacing ID
Fruitsalsa said:

Yes. I had a DRS failure in Silverstone last season. DRS flap stuck open which caused me to lose the rear in the next high speed corner and crash out of the race.

patlessard

Name
My recap

made a small mistake after turn one .put a wheel in the grass
and then when I tried to let tron By, I hit something and got sent back on track sideways ...
Sorry Tron ...
at least the safety car was useful !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ErKUEvGN2w

Zephyr

Premium Member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 3 Series 2023/S1
Name
Ryan Kings
iRacing ID
patlessard said:
My recap

and then when I tried to let tron By, I hit something and got sent back on track sideways ...
Sorry Tron ...

Melbourne is one of those few tracks with grass on the side of the track. A wheel wrong and your gonna spin out a lot of times. I did a similar thing later in the race. I put one wheel in the grass at T12 and off into the wall i went.

Bobino12

Name
Zephyr said:
patlessard said:
My recap

Sorry Tron ...

Melbourne is one of those few tracks with grass on the side of the track. A wheel wrong and your gonna spin out a lot of times. I did a similar thing later in the race. I put one wheel in the grass at T12 and off into the wall i went.

I was the best spectator to watch you dancing all accross the track in front of me. I almost had a heart attack… I also had a very strong battle with Megaman for several laps. That's so difficult to pass in Australia…!

[font="YouTube Noto",Roboto,arial,sans-serif]https://youtu.be/FPUCN2FJbKw[/font]