Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 1: Australia - Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit (05Apr18 @ 9pm EDT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Australia.png

Last Season's Results:
1st: McSendit
2nd: ForzaAlonso14
3rd: Bemoore
Pole: McSendit (1.34.895) (W)
FL: ForzaAlonso14 (1.24.390)

Pre-Race Interview:
1) We are finally at the start of a new season. What will help you succeed at Australia?
2) Who do you think you will be battling with for most of the year?
3) Any changes for this season with assists or driving setup?  Maybe a new TV or a new wheel? Maybe an offical Senna Helmet for more immersion? :p

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
1) We are finally at the start of a new season. What will help you succeed at Australia?
Consistency. This is a technical track with a lot of quick oversteery corners. Keeping the car on track and wings intact will be key to turning in a good performance. This league is too fast to be able to overcome issues unless you are one of the aliens at the front of the grid!

I think I will find myself around Aero, Nick, Bemoore and jrod. The midfield is very close and it's a small margin between 3rd and 8th! There are most definitely going to be a few others who advance to be on pace with the other drivers listed as well. It's crazy tight!

3) Any changes for this season with assists or driving setup?  Maybe a new TV or a new wheel? Maybe an offical Senna Helmet for more immersion? [img=15x17]http://precisionracingleague.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif[/img]
No changes going into this season. Only more practice!

x_Artanis_x

Premium Member
Name

Being signed by Mclaren this season is a great start and has helped me get my head more into the championship, also having a good consistent teammate.  Focus in stressful situations on track will also help.

i think ill be battling with Bubba, chap, ranga and Kwp more this season, as we are all about equal in pace with us all having our good and bad tracks it should be a interesting midfield battle this year.  

3) Any changes for this season with assists or driving setup?  Maybe a new TV or a new wheel? Maybe an offical Senna Helmet for more immersion? Image

just a lot more practice before full changes happen, could be a possible change in the future of the season though.  

Odemdemz98

Name
1. If I perform at the level I know I'm capable of, I'll succeed just fine.

2. McSendit and Forza, the people I have been battling for all my races here.

3. Nothing new, no. Just gotta hope it all clicks together.

XSYSE

Premium Member
NASCAR Cup Series 2021/S4
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2021/S4
Name
Robert Besaw Jr
iRacing ID

Downloading a good setup, then taking into account fuel load....putting in time

Myself, assortment of grass and gravel and an occasional barrier.

3) Any changes for this season with assists or driving setup? Maybe a new TV or a new wheel? Maybe an offical Senna Helmet for more immersion?

I'm messing with the assist a bit I'm going manual gears because it assist my entry and exit

Brianmosser88

Name

Being paients and consistent plus practicing

I think suii, kdawg,jrod maybe Aaron and areo

3) Any changes for this season with assists or driving setup? Maybe a new TV or a new wheel? Maybe an offical Senna Helmet for more immersion?

No changes everything is the same but I'll be practicing more

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
Pre-Race Interview:
Avoiding corner cuts and keeping a clean front wing.  The first corner here is so hard to go two wide and everyone will basically be two wide at the start.  The problem is that the right side car will naturally push out to the left, so my aim to try and get to the right side of the grid or get single file.  If you damage a wing here it will ruin the strategy, so I hope that everyone can be extra safe.

It seems like I am always battling with Aero, Aaron and Bemoore so I am sure there will be more of that.  I think Woody and I might be close to each other as well but I don't plan on battling with him as I think we can be consistent and sniff the constructors if it all works out.  Hopefully I will be there with the top guys as well on some podiums.  I guess I was the only other guy to win a race last season (other than McSendit/Forza) so I need to be near the front and take advantage when I can.  Odemz will be at the top as well along with Woody so it will be hard to get podiums.  This track is not my strongest so lets see what can happen.

3) Any changes for this season with assists or driving setup?  Maybe a new TV or a new wheel? Maybe an offical Senna Helmet for more immersion?
Everything is the same so far.  My wheel though is starting to make a strange sound so I am hoping that it will hold itself together.  Other than that I am trying to focus more on my race pace.  I think I got away from that and it showed in some of my results last season.

dszman

Name
Not breaking the wing and not getting any penalties will help maximize what I can get out of this race. I will def. put in some practice this week as well.

Idk who the battles will be with, but I imagine everyone in the 7-12 range can expect to have a run in with me.

3) Any changes for this season with assists or driving setup? Maybe a new TV or a new wheel? Maybe an official Senna Helmet for more immersion? :p
No changes this season, although I have been wanting to update my setup...lack of practice time during the week has really shown in my race pace. Last season I would start to feel comfortable with a track about halfway through the actual race. I need to get comfortable before the race even starts this year.

AerosStrike

Name
Getting a good start off the line and decent pace in the first stint.  Been having issues for so long just getting off the line and being slow in dirty air with a high fuel load.  If I can somehow get that under control I know I can finish well.

If last season is anything to go by, I'm going to be battling Nick, Aaron and jrod the whole season.  Now with some new people joining, I think Woody is going to join that mix.

3) Any changes for this season with assists or driving setup?  Maybe a new TV or a new wheel? Maybe an offical Senna Helmet for more immersion?
Mostly just setup changes, still looking to invest in a wheel but I'd need a stand for it or it's going to sit dusty in the corner like my other wheel.

drewdawg727

Name
Pre-Race Interview:

If I drop an a-bomb over Albert Park so that they cancel the race :D I hate this track - it's my 20th favorite track on the calendar. I have never won a league race here so I am not the favorite - just want to get away with a solid points finish to start off the season.

I can see my teammate Nick and I sharing a lot of space on track this season but hopefully we respect each other enough to know when one is faster than the other. Other than that, I look forward to some scraps with McSendit, Forza, and Aero.

3) Any changes for this season with assists or driving setup? Maybe a new TV or a new wheel? Maybe an offical Senna Helmet for more immersion? :p

Still #assistfree with my G29 steering wheel. I did upgrade my brake spring last week for a bit more "feel" but I am definitely not used to it yet. It is going to take me a bit of time but once I get it I expect my braking to substantially improve.

McSendit

Premium Member
Name

Keeping it penalty free while still driving at my maximum pace is challenging here. This track has non stop flow and is an absolute blast to drive. It amazes me how so many people don't like it!

Looking forward to some awesome battles with Odemz, Forza, Nick, Aero, and Woody this season.

3) Any changes for this season with assists or driving setup? Maybe a new TV or a new wheel? Maybe an offical Senna Helmet for more immersion? :p

I will be running no traction control this season and dabbling with no ABS. Racing line still on. No traction is definitely quicker than medium and better for tire wear once you figure it out, but ABS off is not easy. My tire wear is much worse with ABS off, however my pace is only a tenth or so slower. For 2018, I plan on running with all assists off, including racing line.

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
McSendit said:
3) Any changes for this season with assists or driving setup?  Maybe a new TV or a new wheel? Maybe an offical Senna Helmet for more immersion? :p

I will be running no traction control this season and dabbling with no ABS. Racing line still on. No traction is definitely quicker than medium and better for tire wear once you figure it out, but ABS off is not easy. My tire wear is much worse with ABS off, however my pace is only a tenth or so slower. For 2018, I plan on running with all assists off, including racing line.

So what you are saying is, next season should be a no assists championship  :cool: :mrgreen:

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Q: 5th
Very surprised to put in a solid lap in the wet!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGyz-T2n-BE

R: 8th

Had a great start with the incidents happening in front of me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSpCrhUyMjY

Self Spin :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVr7DADgNuQ

After pitting and swapping wing I was working my way back through field. Had a close call with jrod.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7E23UeiW5A

Came in for final stop and was 9 seconds behind P8 with 9 to go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f71Gu18vgpY

Solid points day for Force India, looking forward to better results this season though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTQtGRB4sps

XSYSE

Premium Member
NASCAR Cup Series 2021/S4
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2021/S4
Name
Robert Besaw Jr
iRacing ID
A step in the right direction ultra conservative setup no major spins couple bobbles.

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
Luckily my race last week ended up going fairly well and was a good week for Williams  with a P3 and a P4. 

Woody had the slight pace on me, but had 3x Pens.  I guess I accomplished my goal of keeping a clean front wing and was penalty free, so mission accomplished!
Here is my quali and race below:

[youtube]_JLooBEtELA[/youtube]